5 Worst Universal Orlando Attractions

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Here ya go Nemo!

1. Kongfrontation! - I danced in the streets when this thing closed down. This thing was almost as short as Maelstrom. The biggest waste of time, money, and space in the universe (Pun intended).

2. Earthquake - Not much better than Kongfrontation. Well that sounds like a compliment so let me say "It doesn't quite suck as hard as Kongfrontation did".

3. Jaws - Better than the dynamic duo mentioned above SLIGHTLY.

4. E.T. Adventure - A little bit better than Peter Pan's Flight. Again that is not a compliment.

5. The Whole Woody Woodpecker Kid Zone - I better never hear a diehard UO fan talk bad about Disney because of the kiddie attractions. This area is the worst.

In case you haven't noticed there are no IOA attractions on this list. That is why I spend $50+ dollars a year to spend one of my Disney days on Universal property :lol: (I buy 3 day passes at a time and I park hop over to USF to see T2, Shrek, and now ROTM). I will always say that USF is the worst park in Orlando (no matter how good ROTM is). Just my opinion (Hey don't get mad people I LOVE IOA).

grandmath

Funny, I love every attractions you mentioned up there, although I never rode Kongfrontation, it sure looked cool on pictures and I'm saying that based on the King Kong part from tram tour at USH. Jaws is a unique attraction and one of my favorite for recreating the mood from the movie, Earthquake is 10x better than Catastrophe Canyon, ET is much longer than Peter Pan and although not as magical it is better done with realistic sets and the kiddie zone... well I didn't play much there but I find the water area is very funny, as well as the "shoot the plastic balls" area (don't remember the name) It's different than Disney, at Universal then can be extreme, aim for the top, be very scary etc, but of course it is less magical and good clean fun for that matter. I also love MIB, BTTF, Twister, T2:3D...

all in all, and with ROTM having just opened, this park is one of my favorites in Orlando, really on par with MGM. Very different feeling at the same time, don't know why :confused:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
1. Earthquake (Very boring and no longer fun after riding for the thousandth time)

2. Twister (How I hate this attraction! Before Twister opened, I always use to wonder what it'd be. I always thought we'd ride in Jeep-like vehicles and encounter a twister. Boy, was I wrong.)

3. Storm Force Accelatron (Mad Tea Party is one-hundred times better, and SFA is a total waste of space. A good XMen attraction should be there.)

4. Nickelodeon Studios (Remember the old days when it had the tour and you saw sets of shows? Those were the good times.....)

5. Woody Woodepecker's KidZone (Horrible excuse for a kid's area in the park. Universal Studios Japan has Snoopy Studios which looked like it'd do great here, too bad we can't get it.)

Danny14

1. Storm Force Acceletron (what was this supposed to be?)

2. Eighth Voyage of Sinbad (mindless action)

3. Pteranadon Flyers (cool, actually fun ride, but they need to do something about those lines)

4. Nickelodeon Studios (only good if there are shows in production)

5. Earthquake: The Big One (great the first time, but extremely boring after that)

No matter what, I will always love Universal :sohappy: Those are the few flops at the resort.

Brooke

01. Storm Force Accelatron - I hate spinning tea-cup rides.
02. TIE: The Woody Woodpecker Coaster and The Flying Unicorn - I hate 10 second kid coasters as well. It's great for kids who can't go on the big ones, but not for me.
03. Twister - It's not horrible or anything but this could have been so much better. And it takes forever to get to the actual attraction, they make you watch all those boring videos...then you just stand there.
04. Earthquake - Again, this could have been a lot better and more exciting. And the little shows before the actual attraction are pretty boring.
05. The E.T. Adventure - This would have been an okay ride if the storyline wasn't so stupid. The green planet? It sounds like someone was on drugs when they came up with the storyline. I still go on it though.

DisHonorable Mentions: Pteranadon Flyers for the horrible line and short ride.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Re: Re: 5 Worst Universal Orlando Attractions

Originally posted by Brooke
Worse than The Holy Land??!! Or even Sea World??! :eek:

Well I am only counting the 4 WDW and 2 USF parks. I haven't been to Sea World in a long time but I'm sure I would like it better than USF (With Kraken and Journey to Atlantis). And I've also never been to the Holy Land. It's not really a theme park though is it?

USF just doesn't do it for me. I think MIB and BTTF are just "o.k." and they are nothing I would wait any longer than 10 minutes for. I usually only see those attractions once every 3 or 4 years. And I hate Jaws, Earthquake, and ET alot. The only things that I think are above par at USF are T2:3D and Shrek 4-D. That is until this Sunday when I finally get to experience Revenge of the Mummy!

speck76

I like USF, I always thought the shows were decent (although the wild west show is gone) and the rides were good. Kongfrontation did not do it for me, the effects were decent, but not very thrilling.

Something about USF just never felt right to me, but then I went to a travel industry preview event for ROTM, and USF had an Egyptian folk band, belly dancers, stilt walkers, and then I got it. USF theming does not play to all of the senses. The music in each area is not right, and so on.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by speck76
I like USF, I always thought the shows were decent (although the wild west show is gone) and the rides were good. Kongfrontation did not do it for me, the effects were decent, but not very thrilling.

Something about USF just never felt right to me, but then I went to a travel industry preview event for ROTM, and USF had an Egyptian folk band, belly dancers, stilt walkers, and then I got it. USF theming does not play to all of the senses. The music in each area is not right, and so on.

Well I think that ever since IOA opened the themeing for the new attractions over at USF (And at IOA for that matter) have been improved upon a whole lot. Just look at Shrek 4D and MIB. And I'm sure ROTM is better than those two by a long shot.

One of the things I HATE about USF is hearing pop music played around the park (I do not know if they still do it or not). Now if they played the songs from movies that had attractions in the park it would be one thing, but to hear something like No Doubt (for example) in a THEME park is just unacceptable. The music over at IOA is such a great thing about the park. It really adds alot to the experience.

speck76

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Well I think that ever since IOA opened the themeing for the new attractions over at USF (And at IOA for that matter) have been improved upon a whole lot. Just look at Shrek 4D and MIB. And I'm sure ROTM is better than those two by a long shot.

One of the things I HATE about USF is hearing pop music played around the park (I do not know if they still do it or not). Now if they played the songs from movies that had attractions in the park it would be one thing, but to hear something like No Doubt (for example) in a THEME park is just unacceptable. The music over at IOA is such a great thing about the park. It really adds alot to the experience.

I agree, the rides have improved since the opening of IOA....actually, the original rides are the "not so great" ones (Kong, Earthquake, Jaws...) BTF (when it was younger) T23D, and the other new rides are better. WW area was put together fast as Universal really had nothing to do for small kids, except Nick... ROTM is great, the theming is not as good as say Dueling Dragons, but it is good, and the ride itself is good...a step up from RnRC at MGM.

They still do play pop music in the park, which is annoying...I always find it funny that they play movie music in the parking garage (most of the time) and pop music in the park.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by dxwwf3

I agree with that....in the parking garages, and in the entrance/Production Central areas, they've got themes to movies (Beetlejuice, BTTF, etc.) playing, but in the New York and San Fransisco areas, all I hear is Ricky Martin's "She Bangs." :lol:

At least Back to the Future...The Ride has music from the movies being played around its area, and in the MIB area, I'm always hearing "Men in Black" by Will Smith, but that's okay, because it goes with the ride.

flyersmv

I agree with most of the attractions u were all talking about but one i didnt see is Terminator 3D.....that might be the worst 3D ive ever seen...its terrible.....i mean the story sux...theres no special effects...idk u proly dissagree but i dont like it

speck76

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
At least Back to the Future...The Ride has music from the movies being played around its area, and in the MIB area, I'm always hearing "Men in Black" by Will Smith, but that's okay, because it goes with the ride.

The problem is that the Song from MIB doesn't really fit the theme of the ride. The ride is themed to an old World's Fair exhibit about life beyond earth.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by flyersmv
I agree with most of the attractions u were all talking about but one i didnt see is Terminator 3D.....that might be the worst 3D ive ever seen...its terrible.....i mean the story sux...theres no special effects...idk u proly dissagree but i dont like it

I have a theory here. The first time I saw T2 3D I sat in the back of the theater (thinking that is always the best place to see a 3D movie). Boy was I wrong. You do not get the water effects, the moving seats at the end, and the 3D image isn't as good. You also cannot see the actors on stage and you cannot tell that they go INSIDE the screen on their motorcycles (Awesome effect even though it is simple).

My advice is if you didn't like it but you sat in the back section, give it another try in the front (My favorite seat is the middle of the 3rd row). I think you'll like it MUCH better up there.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by speck76
The problem is that the Song from MIB doesn't really fit the theme of the ride. The ride is themed to an old World's Fair exhibit about life beyond earth.

At least it's better than "She Bangs" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding there. You're right I wish they would overhaul the entire music tracks over at USF.

Brooke

I ALWAYS hear "She Bangs" in the New York section! That and "Lady Marmalade." Near Men In Black I always hear Micheal Jackson songs. And I've hear MC Hammer a couple times. It's very odd...

aimster

OMG I can NOT stand the ET ride. I thought it was one of the stupidest things I had ever been on. I could see what was going to happen int he next "scene" well before I even go to it, which pretty much ruined the whole attraction for me. Yet it seems to be still quite popular. Go figure.

I actually liked Kongfrontation. It was cheezy, but amusing if you viewed it in the right perspective.

I really didn't pay much attention to the music being played at the Studios when I was there in February until my friends & I were waiting for the concert we were there to see (Mardi Gras... we were there to see Chic). During that time I heard songs by Jet, Sugar Ray, Outkast.... Didn't think much of at it at the time because I love all of those bands/groups and was having fun bopping to the music. :lol:

speck76

aimster said:
OMG I can NOT stand the ET ride. I thought it was one of the stupidest things I had ever been on. I could see what was going to happen int he next "scene" well before I even go to it, which pretty much ruined the whole attraction for me. Yet it seems to be still quite popular. Go figure.

I actually liked Kongfrontation. It was cheezy, but amusing if you viewed it in the right perspective.

I really didn't pay much attention to the music being played at the Studios when I was there in February until my friends & I were waiting for the concert we were there to see (Mardi Gras... we were there to see Chic). During that time I heard songs by Jet, Sugar Ray, Outkast.... Didn't think much of at it at the time because I love all of those bands/groups and was having fun bopping to the music. :lol:
the end reminds me of a bad trip

DigitalDisney

Beetlejuice Show - Saw it once. Have no desire to ever see it again.

Poseidon's Fury - The entrance is awesome, and the show's finale and water vortex are also cool as hell. But the first two parts and the waiting area are annoying and claustrophobic.

Nuthouse Coaster - Wow. It's short. It's unthemed. Most of the time there's only one train on the track (if it even supports two?). Even though it's essentially the same as Goofy's Barnstormer, I'll take the Barnstormer any day. And the Flying Unicorn blows them both away.

Earthquake - The wait sucks. The preshows suck. The ride is pretty lame too.

USF's Nighttime Fireworks - They're pretty lame. I'll only see 'em because it lets me stay in the park past closing, so I can see it at night.

kcnole

I'll preface this by saying I haven't been to USF since I was about 14. I hope to go again sometime this year, probably in September and hopefully after Seuss trolley opens.

However from when I went a long long time ago these were my memories.

Earthquake was boring even then. Had it been a ride it may have been fun, but I enjoy the quick earthquake thing on the tram ride in MGM more than this.

Kongfrontation was ok. It was a fairly cool ride themed to the movie fairly well, but I guess it speaks volumes that the only thing I really remember is the line.

I loved ET as a kid. The queue was very well done compared to the queues in the rest of the park. Looking back I can see that the AA's were pretty bad and some of the set design was cheezy, but at the age I was (I can't remember exactly) I thought it was great. Probably the one ride I remember above all the rest.

BTTF made us all sick. It wasn't timed very well with the movie so I wasn't too happy with it.

Our favorite ride every time we went as a kid was the old Hanna Barbara motion ride. I'm very sad to see that it is gone now and replaced with the nick themed ride correct? That hanna barbara ride was just great.

Jaws was always broken when I went so I've still never ridden it.

That's about all I remember as far as rides went. I remember some pretty good shows as a kid, but that's about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom