5 Sensory Favorites

lcsrig

Sight: Cinderella's Castle......tear up just thinkin' about it
Sound: the background music at AKL
Smell: fires in Spaceship Earth
Taste: supper at Le Cellier
Touch: getting my park pass and room key at the front desk
Feeling: know that as soon as I go under that sign that says Walt Disney World, I'm home

littlered

SIGHT: The torches around World Showcase.
Sound: people screaming on TOT
Taste: Maple BBQ filet Mignon at Le Cellier
Smell: being on the water in any of the friendship boats
Feeling: the tingling of my spine when Mickey goes from bottom to top of the mountain magically at the end of Fantasmic.

tooltime

Your favorite Disney sight? walking down Main Street
Your favorite Disney sound? In the queue at space Mt approaching the ride.
Your favorite Disney taste?:slurp: everything, but especially the butter popcorn
Your favorite Disney smell? inside Haunted Mansion
Your favorite Disney feeling? seeing my kids faces after riding space Mt

Cinderella1976

Sight: Walking down Main Street USA and seeing Cinderella Castle
Sound: The Music from Wishes
Taste: Mickey's Premium Ice Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Smell: The smells from the Main Street Bakery and the smell of the gingerbread house in the lobby at the Grand Floridian during the Holiday Season:xmas:
Feeling: Feeling the magic that surrounds me during our stay

TestTrack

Smell: Water smell on POTC, SSE smell in general(might be from old carpet that they are likely getting rid of...while that sounds gross...its sad for me too)

Taste: Trying the different drinks from around the world at now "Club Cool". Can't remember...but there is only one I regret trying

Sight: Illuminations 88, Illuminations ROE, SSE, Trying to figure out what color monorail is coming as soon as possible(because the black with red pinstripe is obviously the fastest)

Touch: The hard and uncomfortable seat on SSE :)

Sound: Illuminations 88, Illuminations ROE, The bing booong before the doors open on the monorail, "Hello and welcome aboard...", The music on SSE(I'll be sad to see it change), JII(original song), El rio de tiempo:)(), "You are not ze first to pass this vey", TestTrack queue music, Space mountain queue music("Star tunnel"), Splash mountain theme song.

Krimedog

Sight- Cinderella castle, Splash Mountain
Sound- Fantasmic music (gives me chills everytime i hear it) and wishes music
Taste- Turkey legs and Liberty Tree Tavern
Smell- Main street bakery, orange grove on soarin, and the smell of the apple pies and champagne on Philharmagic
Feeling- Riding into that oh so great disney property to feel the magic

DisneyGigi

Your favorite Disney sight? The Castle
Your favorite Disney sound? The recording on the trams & monorails .. let's me know I am there
Your favorite Disney taste? Dole Whip
Your favorite Disney smell? Main Street
Your favorite Disney feeling? Looking at my kids, at how much they have grown since the last trip :cry: and seeing that Disney still makes them smile as much as it did their very first trip.

TheDisneyMagic

Your favorite Disney sight: This is close, it has to be either when I first enter Epcot in front of Spaceship Earth or after I have passed the train station and find my self in Main Street USA looking at Cinderella's Castle.

Your favorite Disney sound? Again this is very close, it has got to be either listening to Illuminations: Reflections of Earth or the entrance music at Epcot.

Your favorite Disney taste? My favourite taste from the parks is probably Funel cakes, I first had them at Typhoon Lagoon but have seen them popping up at the parks aswell now, Delicious.

Your favorite Disney smell? If I had to pick one it would quite possibly be the Smell during the rome scene on Spaceship Earth (when the roads have turned against Rome with invaders) allthough I am sure I would get sick of it if I were stuck there. (I hope this scene stays in tact)

Your favorite Disney feeling? My favourite feeling has to be when I am lining up for the Monorail and being on the monorail, the feeling of excitement still gets me after 18 years of visiting.

imagineer boy

Your favorite Disney sight: Walking down main street.
Your favorite Disney sound? *chimes* "Now approaching, tomorrowland interplanetary convention center." *chimes* Also all of Epcot's music, and the roar of the test track cars.
Your favorite Disney taste: Mickey waffles!
Your favorite Disney smell: The smell of way turned up air conditioning.
Your favorite Disney feeling: The Disney feeling.

Billy6

Sight- Looking across Seven Seas Lagoon from TTC and seeing MK in the distance...

Sound- Monorail spiel on the way over to MK... Spectromagic music...Screaming on Space Mountain...Zooming Cars on Test Track...

Taste- Chicken strips with honey mustard...

Smell- walking by Main Street Bakery... The Florida morning air... Dung smell on Killamanjaro :lookaroun ...

Feeling- The goosebumps whilst driving under WDW signs... The air conditioning in rides/shops/shows etc after being in the hot Florida sun...

poohbear6103

Sight:Approaching the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign when we arrive
Sound: Taking a nap to the tooting horn of the Ferry boat that goes from the Poly to MK
Taste: 1900 Park Fare breakfast
Smell:The lobby of the Contemporary when the monorail doors open
Feeling: Knowing you just got there and you have 10 days of fun before you have to go home. At that point, going home seems so far away! Especially when you see other people doing what I call "the walk of shame" (aka: packed up and heading for the airport, heads down, frowns in place). Yes, we all have to do that walk at one point but it is a good feeling that you are not one of them when you arrive. On that note, worst feeling would be packing up the car to drive to the airport and seeing people arriving and checking in and being greeted with "Aloha and welcome to the Polynesian". That is the worst :(

bassman

sight- standing at the flag poll in MK and looking down mainstreet.

sound- epcots entrance loop (the america one), the classic "please stand clear of the doors...." and the general ambience of AK.

taste- TURKEY LEGS!!! and cinamon sticks.:slurp:

smell- that smell that rides like SE and HM give off,i dont know what it is but love it.

feeling- the feeling of 'we're back!!'

Sight: Pulling up to our Resort of choice

Sound: The Monerail speil

Smell: Splash Mountain

Taste: Chicken Ceaser salad from Electric Umbrella

Feeling: That home sweet home feeling!!

jvenegas

Sight: Wishes finale.

Sound: Wishes or Spectromagic's Soundtrack

Smell: Splash Mountain

Taste: Dole whip :slurp:

Feeling: Simply put, The Magic.

sarabi

Sight: The tree of life as you emerge from the Oasis
Sound: EPCOT entrance music, or the introduction to RoE.
Smell: "Disney" water (like splash mountain's water, or the water in pirates and maelstrom. The monorail is a close second. It does have a smell of its own.
Taste: Very difficult one, but I would have to say a trip wouldn't be complete without a frozen banana.
Feeling: The finale to Reflections of Earth... shivers down my spine and tears in my eyes and hearing everyone around you screaming and clapping.

WLnTR

Sight: Wishes
Sound: CoP theme song, "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow" I'll sing it all day long...
Taste: Dole Whip
Smell: Burning Rome in SSE
Feeling: Crawling into bed at night for some much needed rest... although sleeping is nearly impossible for all the thoughts of the past day and all the anticipation for the day to come

WDWFigment

Your favorite Disney sight?

The view of the park at night right before you drop on Splash Mountain.

Your favorite Disney sound?

Splash Mountain Medley (soundtrack of Splash Mountain)

Your favorite Disney taste?:slurp:

Burger loaded with toppings (mmmm...mushrooms) from Cosmic Rays, or a Dole Whip Float

Your favorite Disney smell?

Pirates of the Caribbean

Your favorite Disney feeling?

Sitting on a dark bus after a long day at the parks in complete solitude.

Chernobog

sight: That first view down Main Street with the Castle in the distance
sound: The music loop on Main Street
taste: Dole Whip Float
smell: The orange smell in Horizons futuristic farming scene (r.i.p.)
feeling: Checking in. (My least favorite feeling would be checking out.)

Woodenboy

Sight: Looking through the walk way of the castle at night and seeing the whirling lights of the carousel
Sound: Main street background loops
Taste: Beer and a brat in Germany
Smell: Main Street Bakery
Feeling: The total sense of being at ease in the happiest place in the world

jmani56

Sight - Rounding the bend on the monorail and seeing Spaceship Earth come into view.

Sound - Definitely the monorail spiel.

Smell - The pie in Philharmagic

Taste - Veal Shank at Citricos, Grand Floridian

Touch - Wet seats on Splash Mountain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom