5 Sensory Favorites

ask!

Original Poster
What are your 5 sensory favorites....if I'm at least as smart as a 5th grader, these would be

Your favorite Disney sight?
Your favorite Disney sound?
Your favorite Disney taste?:slurp:
Your favorite Disney smell?
Your favorite Disney feeling?

21 days and counting down......I'll be able to answer my own questions when I get back....haven't been to WDW for 11 years, so I feel unqualified to answer!

Andrea

sorceresssamara

I'll take a stab at it!

What are your 5 sensory favorites....if I'm at least as smart as a 5th grader, these would be

21 days and counting down......I'll be able to answer my own questions when I get back....haven't been to WDW for 11 years, so I feel unqualified to answer!

Andrea

Sight: Seeing the entrance to the Magic Kingdom!
Sound: The subtle background music in the MK
Taste: Chicken Strips (they taste better at Disney) and popcorn in the MK
Smell: Main Street USA
Feeling: that overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by the magic!

Sight - driving under the "Walt Disney World" gateway on the way onto the property. Gives me a buzz every time.

Sound - "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow" - always has me singing it for the rest of the day

Taste - Le Cellier's cheddar soup

Smell - the dark ages section of Spaceship Earth - I hope it's still there post-refurb!

Feeling - watching all the people around, having such a wonderful time - and having such a wonderful time myself

Your favorite Disney sight? Castle at Night
Your favorite Disney sound? Fantasmic Music
Your favorite Disney taste? Churro
Your favorite Disney smell? Bakery on Main Street USA
Your favorite Disney feeling? Dropping down Splash Mountain! :) or watching the fireworks with a loved one! :)

CThaddeus

Sight - Spaceship Earth, sans Wand (chuckles evilly)
Sound - EPCOT's entrance music, or Wonders of Life's BGM
Taste - Chicken Fusili or Monte Cristo sandwiches (Disneyland)
Smell - The musty smell in Pirates and Splash Mountain.
Feeling - Being there. And the feel of the camcorder in my hand and up to my eye, recording everything for posterity.

Fun2BFree

Sight: Illuminations
Sound: Music all over EPCOT
Touch: Fake trees all over property
Smell: Skunk in Journey into Imagination w/ Figment :lookaroun
Taste: Mickey Waffles.

DiPSU224

Sight: Cinderella Castle...I could stare at it all day long
Sound: Main Street/Tomorrowland background music loops
Smell: the monorail...weird, huh? :lol:
Taste: Island Sunset from the Polynesian
Feel: Walking under the train station in anticipation of seeing the castle for the first time each visit.

CMSomeday

Sight: Walking into the lobby of your resort on the 1st day to check in, watching the Fantasmic crowd do the wave

Sound: Monorail Spiel, Animal Kingdom park music, pilot saying welcome to Orlando, FL, Mickey wake-up call, Grand Floridian band in lobby

Touch: Arm around the back of our favorite characters, holding the hand of your 3 yo daughter

Smell: sunscreen and pirates of the caribbean

Taste: Boma juice, Boulangerie Patisserie

:)

Nicole220

Sight: The castle and fireworks

Sound: The Main Street background music, even though it has been imprinted in my mind after listening to it for 13 straight hours. :hammer: Also: the tram spiel, parade, fireworks, and fantasmic music.

Taste: Dole Whips and churros!! :slurp:

Smell: Pirates and Splash

Feeling: Riding the rides and being there.

happymom52003

Sight: Snow on Main Street during MVMCP
Sound: The drums as you go over the bridge to Adventure Land and the music from Spectromagic.
Taste: warm chocolate chip cookie from the Bakery on Main Street
Smell: The various Christmassy scents that follow some of the floats during the MVMVP parade.
Feeling: walking into the WL lobby on our check in date knowing we have our whole Disney vacation ahead of us.

Jesùs_Carioca

Favourites of the five senses, eh?

Sight: The dad or mom playing with their little toddler in front of you as you all wait in line and can't help but notice that at that point in time, that little boy or girl is by far the luckiest and happiest person waiting that line.

Sound: From the moment the announcer blows out all of the torches lit up around the World Showcase to the instant the lights turn back on around you and you begin to walk out of EPCOT ever so meandering as to waste time getting to your car after Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

Taste: Three Way Tie. Between the first Coca-Cola you've had in months fresh out of the fountain for dinner from a Disney Diner, a beautiful funnel cake with "the works" of powdered sugar and topped of with strawberry preserves that will replace dinner for that night, and when the Honey-Dew Mellon and Strawberry flavors mix together at the melted bottom of the shaved ice you got from the Japan World Showcase.

Smell: The Pungent Florida Water Smell going through Pirates of the Caribbean or the Jungle Cruise...and more noticeable after being soaked head to toe from Splash Mountain.

Touch: Passing your fingers across the walls and scenery of anywhere and everywhere you see throughout both Advendureland and Frontierland.

-I added a sixth, only because it seems as if people interchange "touch" with "feeling" and use an alternate definition for feeling.

Feeling: That funny feeling of completion after you walk away from the family that you just handed the "first time visitor" buttons you had stashed in your pockets for the soul purpose that at one point in your stay, you might just run into a group of guests that have never heard of them before after you propose the question "so, is it your first time here?"...and there almost always is that family, so you were right to do so.

Pocamahontas

Let me just say that I love love this thread.

Okay..

Sight: When you're just stepping onto mainstreet, and the castle comes into view, and you realize..."I have arrived" and anything is possible. And of course that little girl that is next in line to see her favorite princess.
Taste: (I'm going to have to agree with Jesus on this) The mix of honeydew melon and strawberry in the shaved ice from the Japan Pavillion. Also, just the plain old fashion ice cream from the carts on a hot summer day.
Smell: The smell of Popcorn down Mainstreet (I've heard that they actually pump that smell into the air). And the smell of oranges on Soarin'. Ouu Ouu and how the pie actually smells in Philharmagic.
Touch: mmm...The walls on any of the rides, such as POTC while waiting in line...
Sound: Laughter. Which is needlesstosay in every direction. It's a beautiful thing to just close your eyes a moment and hear it form every which way.

Probably my favorite thing to feel at Disney is the rain. Because if ever there were a place for us to feel like kids...it's WDW. And speaking as a full on little girl...playing in the rain (or even just standing in it) has made me feel...gah. I have no idea, but it's a beautiful beautiful thing. It's childish, and wonderful at the same time.

For those of you that run for cover when it rains...I really reallly suggest that you stop next time you're given the chance...and experience it for yourself.
You might find yourself singing (buh-dum-cha!):D

chinitopoop

Sight: Seeing the train station before u enter magic kingdom is enuff
Sound: Monorail Spiel, "Wishes", adventureland background music
Taste: Turkey leg, Disney breakfasts, funnel cake
Smell: definitly the water smell from splash and pirates, also the monorail smell
Feeling: just being there, especially walking around adventureland and frontier land

Heatherbell

Awesome thread idea!

Sight: The castle, by far melts my heart and puts me in awe each and every time.

Sound: the Space Mountain music, gives me goosebumps and the TTA speil.

Taste: Dole Whips, Popcorn, Candy Apples while watching Fanstasmic, "Mom's Fried Chicken" at Prime Time Cafe

Touch: The touch of the characters and the "touch" of the magic

Smell: the smell of popcorn walking down mainstreet. The smell of the Ancient Ruins in Spaceship Earth

MiRi

Your favorite Disney sight? Cinderella Castle
Your favorite Disney sound? the train whistle at the MK
Your favorite Disney taste? Dole Whip
Your favorite Disney smell? Main Street USA
Your favorite Disney feeling? that magical feeling all around

doop

Sight: Turning the corner onto Main Street USA and looking at the castle.
Sound: The queue music at Tower of Terror. I love it!
Taste: Turkey Legs!
Smell: The smell of musty water like at Splash Mountain and Pirates, and the smell of Diesel from the Trams and Buses.
Feeling: Driving through the property gates and knowing that I'm finally there!!

Dizknee_Phreek

Sight: Oh...too many to name.
Sound: the music...pretty much all of it at all locations (especially Main Street, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Epcot, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, RoE)...and just the random sounds that you can only hear at WDW...Test Track, the spiel on the monorail, etc.
Taste: soft-served ice cream, popcorn, CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS...pretty much any of the food...everything's better at WDW
Smell: the resort rooms, sun block (I associate my sun block with WDW now), popcorn, musty water in PotC and other attractions, the burning of Rome in SSE, the smells of Soarin...I'm sure there's tons more.
Feeling: just being there :)

bgraham34

Sight: Seeing the entrance to the Magic Kingdom
Sound: Monorail Spiel
Taste: Caramel Apple with Peanuts
Smell: Main Street
Feeling: They way i feel seeing Main Street and the Castle again.

sophie_the_pooh

Sight: The first look down Main Street. The first day I spend in WDW is always at MK. That first look down Main Street and the sight of the castle are, by themselves, worth the trip from Canada!

Sound: "Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate's life for me!"

Smell: I love the combined smells of ice cream, pop corn and cookies on Main Street.

Taste: Ice cream! The first sundae I have on my trip is always the best! My favorite one's are from Mrs Pott's cupboard, in Fantasyland, or from Ghirardelli Soda Fountain in Downtown Disney.

Feeling: The first steps on Main Street. I always get that "Disney" feeling, I become extremely happy and emotional, thinking about my past wonderful Disney experiences and the new magical trip beginning at that moment!

cb3k

Great thread topic...!

Sight: The Magic Kingdom archway when you first enter the property, and the hundreds of kids who reach for the 3-D objects in Philhar Magic
Sound: The monorail spiel, and Hawaiian music and ukilelis that are remnant through the entire Polynesian lobby
Taste: A frozen lemonade from frontierland
Smell: the monorail (I know it smells like a barn, but it just smells "right")
Feeling (Touch): Every little trinket and gizmo that I always have to pick up and play with upon exiting POTC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom