5 People in a Standard Room Question

Jenpat

Hey!

Sorry if this has been asked, nothing came up in my search :). I am going to Disney for a quick long weekend in January with my sister, niece, and nephew. We are staying in Coronado Springs. Now my cousin wants to come. Our standard room with two queen beds is more than enough room for us even with the additional person - my niece and nephew are small but over 2. Booking an entire second room for her would be far too much in regards to space and money. I know there are rooms that accommodate 5 people but we'd have to change hotels and change everything which seems unnecessary. So basically my question is - has anyone had experience adding an extra guest into a 4 person room? Or will I run into trouble if I leave the reservation with four people and just buy extra park tickets for the additional person?

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I am not mistaken, Coronado only accommodates 4 in a standard room. Sneaking in a 5th can have rather disastrous results.

To stay at Coronado you would have to switch to a junior suite to get a party of 5 in a single room. The issue with that is the cost of a junior suite is quite unattractive.

Your best bet is to try and switch to Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach. The rooms there will accommodate 5 and the price should be around the same as a standard room at Coronado.

Upvote 0

DisAl

Port Orleans Riverside rooms that have two queen beds and the child size pull down bed sounds like the best idea to me. Pricing should be similar to Coronado Springs. That would eliminate a lot of potential issues with adding a fifth person with the reservation being only for four.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
You wouldn't be able to schedule FPs in advance or get a magic band for the 5th person.

Not to mention no Magical Express, no access to EMH. Also if it was discovered you would be asked to pay for an extra room, or they could simply ask you to leave the resort. Is it worth that risk? I would switch to one of the moderates that do sleep 5.

Upvote 0
here is my kind of similar experience (mind you we stay at POR in a 5 person room) but my sister comes and stays with us for a couple days of most of our trips and since adults are an extra charge per night and she doesn't stay all week we don't add her to the reservation. she buys her own ticket and then when she arrives I add her to the room as a day guest(this gives her a room key), even though she stays the night I am always told by the front desk this is the easiest way to do this. So for your situation I would do this, but since it is a 4person room you might run a risk but it alright not be a problem since the kids are very little.

try calling disney and be connected to the hotel front desk and ask and see what they day, then go from there what you are willing to do.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We've stayed in 5-person rooms at PORS (Alligator Bayou) and Caribbean Beach, and had plenty of room. I'd consider switching to one of those resorts, if there is availability. As someone else mentioned already, that will also allow you to get tickets and plan FP+ for the 5th person. You'll also need to modify dining reservations to add them, as well.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

If I am not mistaken, Coronado only accommodates 4 in a standard room. Sneaking in a 5th can have rather disastrous results.

To stay at Coronado you would have to switch to a junior suite to get a party of 5 in a single room. The issue with that is the cost of a junior suite is quite unattractive.

Your best bet is to try and switch to Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach. The rooms there will accommodate 5 and the price should be around the same as a standard room at Coronado.
This. Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom