5 days for EPCOT/DHS/Animal Kingdom. NEED HELP

R. Mexico

So my lovely family and I are going to WDW for ten days. I have five slotted for MK. I am torn as far as the other five. At first I thought 2 epcot/2 DHS/1 AK but then i am thinking how butchered DHS is when we go in last August/early September. Then i thought 2 EPCOT/2 AK/1 DHS. Then my wife thought 3 EPCOT/1 DHS/1 AK would be the best choice. I am seriously torn and need some advice. I think the 2 epcot/2 DHS/1 AK plan may be the best but is DHS too torn apart right now for two whole days? Thanks so much:)

Chef Mickey

The problem with only 1 day at DHS is you pretty much can't do all the shows in a day because of the way they stagger them. People will say they don't care about anything except ToT, Fantasmic, and maybe Toy Story at DHS and that it's a half day park. I don't agree.

I like to do many of the attractions multiple times and I pretty much like all the shows.

I'd get a Park Hopper and not "slot" days for each park. I'd loosely plan it and change based on how much I was able to see.

10 days is plenty of time for everything, multiple times.

I think 5 days at MK might even be a little much. I'd add a day or half day to AK to really explore it. It's fun.

4 MK, 2.5 Epcot, 2 DHS (days), 1.5AK would be my suggestion with some extra nights/mornings at MK/EPCOT perhaps.

Upvote 0

RinkaDink

I'd agree with Chef Mickey, consider adding a park hopper, once you get there. Or, leave one day as a floater. I like to do shows, and 1 day isn't enough for me. Not sure when you were there last, but the main chops have been all in the same area, The Captain Jack thing and American Idol thing, which I don't miss and the backlot tour, which I do. I love Star Tours and the Muppet Experience, and don't mind hitting them twice in one week.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

My family always needs more than a full day to enjoy all there is to do at HS. I agree that 5 days at MK might be too much. Really, I always say to see and do all there is to do at WDW, you need at least 2 weeks! Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

Do you have kid(s) and if so what age(s)? That may have some bearing on how many days at the other parks. Also what are their likes and dislikes?

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I also agree with @Chef Mickey in terms of planning for days. But a LOT depends on your family (kids ages and likes) and where you are staying (onsite vs offsite, resort with interesting activities or not, etc). We have done 10 days before and usually do a lot of park hopping. Lots of mornings in Magic Kingdom, but afternoon and evenings elsewhere.

Upvote 0

R. Mexico

Original Poster
Cool! Thanks for the advice! The main reason for the 5 days at MK are my kids (5 and 7) love hanging out by the resort pool. I am thinking 2 of the 5 days at MK were basically going to be short early days at MK then back to whichever resort to hang out, rest, then go swimming:) We really don't do the park hopper quite yet with the ages of our children as we weren't using it when i got them the first few times.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So my lovely family and I are going to WDW for ten days. I have five slotted for MK. I am torn as far as the other five. At first I thought 2 epcot/2 DHS/1 AK but then i am thinking how butchered DHS is when we go in last August/early September. Then i thought 2 EPCOT/2 AK/1 DHS. Then my wife thought 3 EPCOT/1 DHS/1 AK would be the best choice. I am seriously torn and need some advice. I think the 2 epcot/2 DHS/1 AK plan may be the best but is DHS too torn apart right now for two whole days? Thanks so much:)

Hello my fellow Wolverine! When we travel, we struggle with this too because Epcot World Showcase is what we love to do for one day and then in the evenings, DHS there are limits depending on age of kids/whos traveling, and AK can really be done in one day. When we went last year, I was pregnant and DHS was done in half a day b/c I couldn't do anything but watch shows and meet characters. And my DH didn't want to ride stuff alone. So this year, when we were planning, we are skipping it all together b/c DS is too little to do anything/enjoy anything. With Disney Junior and Star Wars, I know we will be there more when DS gets older but for now, we are going to AK more then DHS. But I see your kids are 5 and 7. I think they will like DHS and AK more then Epcot. So I might do 2 DHS and 2 AK and 1 Epcot.

Upvote 0

rt06

You have plenty of flexibility with ten days. By the fifth or sixth day you may very well have an entirely new focus for the remainder of your vacation based on how much you've accomplished, moods, weather, etc. Oh, and crowds. When I see 45-60 min wait for IASW on the app, we head elsewhere. The only thing that really handcuffs you to an itinerary are ADRs. MK EMH is also top priority because we absolutely love MK after midnight. Get your ADRs in order so you know where you have to be and everything else will fall into place.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom