4D shows & live shows

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So, once again I am asking this question... Does anyone know if 4D shows/AA shows, and/or live shows will be back?

Philharmagic, Bugs, COP, CBJ, AA, HoP, M*V..

Nemo, Lion King, Indy, Beast..

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If they follow Shanghai they waited a couple weeks to bring back shows.
Although there is only a 3ft social distance rule over there so it seems to be easier to get back to normalish operations faster.

Giss Neric

So, once again I am asking this question... Does anyone know if 4D shows/AA shows, and/or live shows will be back?

Philharmagic, Bugs, COP, CBJ, AA, HoP, M*V..

Nemo, Lion King, Indy, Beast..
Add to this Fantasmic and Rivers of Light. I think if they have already managed or adapted to how the park functions in reduced capacity and are able to handle social distancing in rides then I think 2 to 3 seat apart in these shows could still be possible or parties who are together can sit all together but are separated from other parties.

Disney Crazed

Add to this Fantasmic and Rivers of Light. I think if they have already managed or adapted to how the park functions in reduced capacity and are able to handle social distancing in rides then I think 2 to 3 seat apart in these shows could still be possible or parties who are together can sit all together but are separated from other parties.
Can you throw in Happily Ever After as well then? How are they going to get all those people in that space even if it is less people in the parks? You know everyone is going to try and get a prime viewing spot for the show and the social distancing will not be working.

Mainahman

Can you throw in Happily Ever After as well then? How are they going to get all those people in that space even if it is less people in the parks? You know everyone is going to try and get a prime viewing spot for the show and the social distancing will not be working.
The only way i would say that they could do this, would be to force you to schedule a location in the app where you were to want to watch it based on what was available, and they would have to have a cast member there to enforce distancing. I just dont see that happening.

I do wonder if they will try to do halloween ones as a way to work them back in to working, with a even lower amount of people.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
HEA is completely different.
F! and ROL have seating so with limited capacity you can easily socially distance guests.

Disney Crazed

Yeah, Happily Ever After makes it almost impossible to Social Distance in the viewing area even with the less amount of guest. I just don't see that happening.

Moka

I believe Philharmagic and bugs are very easy to handle under social distances guidelines. They just REALLY have to make sure they’re wiping those glasses. RoL I’m sure will be able to operate. They just need to make sure people don’t crowd around when they can’t sit.

Disney Crazed

I believe Philharmagic and bugs are very easy to handle under social distances guidelines. They just REALLY have to make sure they’re wiping those glasses. RoL I’m sure will be able to operate. They just need to make sure people don’t crowd around when they can’t sit.
Wiping those glasses between the shows will be a chore. How often do you think those glasses get recylcled out and washed and a new batch brought in?

Giss Neric

Happily Ever After is a projection/fireworks show so where you view it is really important. In this case the castle hub that is why it's not happening. Fantasmic and Rivers are Lights have stadium like seats so social distancing still somehow can be implemented.

Disney Crazed

Happily Ever After is a projection/fireworks show so where you view it is really important. In this case the castle hub that is why it's not happening. Fantasmic and Rivers are Lights have stadium like seats so social distancing still somehow can be implemented.
Yeah, like Rivers of Light and Fantasmic could have certain rows closed like ever other row closed or something like that. I guess that could work.

Moka

Trying super hard not to go too badly off topic, but similar to Philharmagic & Bugs, what about the Animation Experience in Animal Kingdom? I know this isn’t a show or anything, but it is certainly interactive in the fact that you’re touching pencils and clip boards that are touched by others before you. Easily can follow social distance guidelines as well. Do you guys think it will follow like the 4D shows? Just wiping after usage?

Giss Neric

Trying super hard not to go too badly off topic, but similar to Philharmagic & Bugs, what about the Animation Experience in Animal Kingdom? I know this isn’t a show or anything, but it is certainly interactive in the fact that you’re touching pencils and clip boards that are touched by others before you. Easily can follow social distance guidelines as well. Do you guys think it will follow like the 4D shows? Just wiping after usage?
Well if they can operate roller coasters by wiping all the cars after each cycle, why not shows too.

Kamikaze

Well if they can operate roller coasters by wiping all the cars after each cycle, why not shows too.

Because you can operate rides by skipping every other row. That makes distancing easy. Theaters is more difficult because you not only have to skip a row or two between occupied rows, but you also have to figure out a way to separate groups in the occupied rows from each other.

Giss Neric

Because you can operate rides by skipping every other row. That makes distancing easy. Theaters is more difficult because you not only have to skip a row or two between occupied rows, but you also have to figure out a way to separate groups in the occupied rows from each other.
But on rides, the cycle is constant. You can't stop the ride for a long time just to clean. Shows have schedules in them so staff have enough time to plan it, clean it, and make it ready for the next scheduled show.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
For those interested in knowing...

Universal has had Shrek 4D, Poseidon's Fury, Animal Actors, and Barney open at their parks. The only shows I know of that are not currently operating (so far?) are the streetmosphere shows(?), and the Horror Make-Up Show.

Plus Jimmy Fallon, if we want to count that (compare to Star Tours but bigger scale)

Kamikaze

But on rides, the cycle is constant. You can't stop the ride for a long time just to clean. Shows have schedules in them so staff have enough time to plan it, clean it, and make it ready for the next scheduled show.

According to CDC findings, the virus is extremely unlikely to be re-transmitted from an object, so cleaning isn't really a concern. The distancing is the issue.

doctornick

For those interested in knowing...

Universal has had Shrek 4D, Poseidon's Fury, Animal Actors, and Barney open at their parks. The only shows I know of that are not currently operating (so far?) are the streetmosphere shows(?), and the Horror Make-Up Show.

Plus Jimmy Fallon, if we want to count that (compare to Star Tours but bigger scale)

What about Despicable Me? That's also comparable to the 4D shows.

doctornick

Wiping those glasses between the shows will be a chore. How often do you think those glasses get recylcled out and washed and a new batch brought in?

As mentioned - it will not be any more of a chore than typical. The glasses have always been cleaned in between uses. One thing that will surely be happening is seeing (gloved in all probably) CMs handing the glasses to guests. This has happened in the past as well, but I don't see them allowing guests to grab their own - and potentially contaminate other glasses

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom