45-day Mark

WildLodgeFan

I am inquirying for a friend who has a package booked that is approaching the 45-day mark. They recently had a unexpected large expense and really would like not cancel their reservation and know that with an extra 14 days would meet their final payment. Does anybody know how strigent Disney is to that 45-day mark?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For the most part Disney will do everything that can to help a guest out. They have bent or broken rules for me on more than one occasion. I can not see why they would not do the same for your friend. The best thing you can do is have them call ASAP. I am sure options available to them start to dwindle the closer that 45 day mark gets.

Upvote 0

Cnrtygirl

I had the same problem. My 45 day mark was Monday. WDW told me that I would get an email stating that it had to be paid before the 30day mark or it would be canceled.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
For the most part Disney will do everything that can to help a guest out. They have bent or broken rules for me on more than one occasion. I can not see why they would not do the same for your friend. The best thing you can do is have them call ASAP. I am sure options available to them start to dwindle the closer that 45 day mark gets.

Thanks Master Yoda. As always you are a great font of info!

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

I forgot to make my final payment and the cm told me that at 14 days past due they will send out a notice by mail then they will call after that. Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

One of the advantages of booking a Room Only reservation is that you can cancel within 30 days instead of the 45 days that applies to a Package (Room + Tickets) reservation.
You can always add your tickets when you check in.

I think also that the Room Only reservation just requires one night's deposit and then the balance is paid when you check in, not 45 days ahead.

That's the way it used to be; may still be.
:)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One of the advantages of booking a Room Only reservation is that you can cancel within 30 days instead of the 45 days that applies to a Package (Room + Tickets) reservation.
You can always add your tickets when you check in.

I think also that the Room Only reservation just requires one night's deposit and then the balance is paid when you check in, not 45 days ahead.

That's the way it used to be; may still be.
:)
Still is. The only rub is that you can not get all of those great package deals with a room only reservation.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for their input! I have shared it with my friend who is a little lighter of heart and will be making a call to Disney today to see what she can arrange.

Upvote 0
I hit 45 days last week. I called Reservations and asked if I could delay the payment a few days. They said no problem. I then received an e-mail saying that I had until the 30 day mark to make payment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom