40th Birthday Today

allgar

Original Poster
...and not taking it too well. :(

This website helps cheer me up though. Thoughts of the World help make sure I keep thinking young. Next trip to Disney is in 24 days. I'll be in Disneyland this time.

Anyone have some nice Disney birthday stories to share? Would love to hear about them.

mickeysshoes

Happy Birthday!! I agree...its just a number and its all what you make it!!! Have a great vacations and do something YOU want to do!!! :wave:

Ausdaddy

Happy Birthday! If it makes you feel any better, I'll be joining you later this year!! Maybe you can cheer me up then. :D

powlessfamily4

I have 3 years on you and I am having the time of my life!! My kids are grown, I have seniority on my job and I have 25 years of marriage under my belt. What does this all add up to??? More $$$$ to spend on Disney trips!!!! :) :) :)

zurgandfriend

I WISH I were 40 years old again!

and if "they" said you could be 21 years old again, I 'd say "you can have every worldly possession of mine, but just leave me a pair of pants to cover my unmentionables."

Enjoy you day!

Happy Birthday! Forget about numbers today and focus on celebrating you!

My favorite Disney Birthday was two years ago. The day was fantastic! I got a special birthday card from Pooh and friends at CP and they also brought me a bday cupcake with my breakfast. I was wearing my birthday pin and went into Le Chapeu to buy my ears. I picked the birthday ears and went to pay. The CM asked if it was really my B-day and I said yes. I showed him my ID. He gave me the ears as a B-day present from Mickey. All day long everyone wished me a happy bday. I loved the attention.
That night I went to the Main Street Bakery for something to eat. I ordered the tomato and mozzerella sandwich. I was told by the CM that they were out and the sample should have been pulled. I told her that it wasn't a problem and I would like the fruit and cheese instead. She put the food on a tray but still looked like she was terribly sorry. (It wasn't a big deal to me. I am pretty easy going.) As I was waiting on my tray the manager appeared and apologized porfusely for not being able to give me what I ordered. I assured them that I was fine but they informed me that Mickey had called and apologized because I couldn't get what I wanted on my Birthday. The manager presented me a cookie the size of my head from Mickey.
I took my fruit and my cookie and settled in for Spectro. I wore my hat and my pin and I had a great spot. Almost every walking character stopped to wish me a happy b-day and I also got a wave from Minnie who pointed at my ears and wished me a happy bday in her own special way. At the end of the parade Peter Pan stopped to sing his bday song to me and Snow White (my fave princess) stopped to chat with me. It was a great day!

jlthomas81

Happy Birthday! We will be leaving in 16 days and I will be spending my 30th in the park. I understand why you feel the World will make you feel better on a milestone birthday! Enjoy your day and your trip in a few weeks!

lbrad

HaPpY bIrThDaY 2 uU!!!
Have a magical day & enjoy yourself on your upcoming trip.

Treat yourself like a king :king:

allgar

Original Poster
Many thanks for the birthday wishes. Yes, most definitely getting older is just a number, just sometimes the numbers can be a reminder of the time passing. I'm over my usual birthday blues. Funny how that happens to some folks. Anyway, just the thought of Disney keeps me young. Thanks for helping keep that all alive in between trips.

P.S. Thanks for sharing your birthday story onelivelygirl. Sounded like a great day indeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom