4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

Pixieish

They clean so fast it would be impossible over time with dog after dog to clean a room so well that a person with severe allergies could stay there. They would have to designate rooms or sections of the hotels

Let me put it this way...my MIL used to have a lhasa apso. The DOG had an allergy and skin condition. In her den, the rug stank so bad because of the dog I wouldn't let my kids play on it. And she's a very cleanly person - carpets cleaned regularly, rhoomba always going, no dishes in the sink ever, she has a "for show" livingroom, etc. etc. I love dogs, but that dog stank to high heaven.

21stamps

I am in no way a dog hater. If anything I think I am more broken hearted about mine passing that I don't think I could do it all over again. But even so, there's no way I would have brought mine to a theme park. It's way too much of a hassle hauling pets everywhere I don't get how people do it.

My dog LOVES going out. When I take his bag out of the closet he starts jumping in circles. Our local parks/amusement park/city/restaurants etc have dog events throughout the year.
I bet Orlando does too if you looked into it. I think many people just don’t realize because they aren’t interested, which is completely understandable.

raymusiccity

Especially when you aren't getting housekeeping service all week. They will only clean when you are there. How many people are going to call housekeeping at 9:00pm?

This is just insanity. Can I bring my emotional support kangaroo? His name is Joey and I love him to bits. He helps me deal with the stress of WDW. WHAT? Only dogs? Well I find this systemic anti kangaroo attitude in many places, but I never thought WDW would not allow me to bring Joey to my hotel room. His bowel movements rarely exceed those of the Mastiff staying next to us at the Beach Club (4lb-6lb on average, I usually clean them up if I have a hefty bag with me.)

Look, what I'm saying is this marsupial oversight needs to end.

kangaroo.jpg

disneygeek90

My dog LOVES going out. When I take his bag out of the closet he starts jumping in circles. Our local parks/amusement park/city/restaurants etc have dog events throughout the year.
I bet Orlando does too if you looked into it. I think many people just don’t realize because they aren’t interested, which is completely understandable.
Yes, I know. Every dog owner thinks they have the best and most well mannered dog ever.

21stamps

Yes, I know. Every dog owner thinks they have the best and most well mannered dog ever.

I didn’t even say anything about that.lol. I was talking about dog events.

But yeah, dogs who go out in public often probably aren’t going to get as startled by strangers or decide to pee or poop just because it’s a “new place”., or mistake a person for a squirrel. They actually do know that they go out places..and enjoy it.
All of the people saying that dogs are so stressed out and misbehave because they’re outside of their home, must not realize how many dog activities actually exist.

Incomudro

Tell that to the kids trying to take a nap with a barking dog in the room below them, the people who need an inhaler just being around animals like dogs or the dog that gets out in a strange busy place and ends up dead.

We always get the picture of the dogs as if we are suddenly supposed to be ok with it, People like you directly impact the health of other people and dismiss it as if we mean nothing. Sorry to be harsh, but this attitude has already lead to ER visits for asthma in my house and dozens of uses of emergency inhalers.

You know, I didn't even think about the kid who accidentally lets the family dog out of the room.
Dog runs off, down the hall...
It's going to happen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And I wasn't referring to only service animals.

Part of me wants to know what you're talking about. But since you're playing this stupid "guess what I'm referring to" game, I really don't give a darn what you have to say anymore. Find someone else to play twenty questions with.

peter11435

Part of me wants to know what you're talking about. But since you're playing this stupid "guess what I'm referring to" game, I really don't give a darn what you have to say anymore. Find someone else to play twenty questions with.
You don't have to guess because I've already stated it in other posts in this thread. People sneak pets into the resorts all the time. Obviously now there will be a significant increase in numbers but at least now they will hopefully know when and where they are so they can be properly accommodated and cleaned after.

disneygeek90

I didn’t even say anything about that.lol. I was talking about dog events.

But yeah, dogs who go out in public often probably aren’t going to get as startled by strangers or decide to pee or poop just because it’s a “new place”., or mistake a person for a squirrel. They actually do know that they go out places..and enjoy it.
All of the people saying that dogs are so stressed out and misbehave because they’re outside of their home, must not realize how many dog activities actually exist.
Most of those activities are with their owners, not being shoved in a dark new room alone.

disneygeek90

You don’t think the people who take their dogs out and about regularly are the same ones who travel with their dogs regularly? And maybe know how their dog acts at hotels, and what to bring?
I don't think those travelling with their dog are regularly leaving it unaccompanied for 7+ hours, no.

21stamps

I don't think the cats they let roam the parks to hunt for rodents would appreciate it very much. :D
Lol. True! ;)
You don't have to guess because I've already stated it in other posts in this thread. People sneak pets into the resorts all the time. Obviously now there will be a significant increase in numbers but at least now they will hopefully know when and where they are so they can be properly accommodated and cleaned after.

I’ve met people who have snuck their dog on a plane.. I considered it once because I think the fee is such carp.. it’s a completely useless and bs fee.ugh. Anyway, I’m too scared to do it..but seriously I don’t think the vast majority of people can see a dog in a travel carrier.
That’s also why I think many people here have been on numerous flights with dogs and never actually realized it.

21stamps

Not sure but at the Loews Uni properties that allow pets, they include both dogs and cats allowed. Must be absolute chaos there, eh? ;)

Where are all of the complaint threads?lol. The stories would probably be fun to read ;)

I don't think those travelling with their dog are regularly leaving it unaccompanied for 7+ hours, no.

Regardless of if you crate or don’t crate there are ways to make your dog comfortable when in a hotel.. their own bed, blanket, etc. 7 hours isn’t some massive amount of time for a dog to be alone..plenty do it several times per week. This whole thing is not as dramatic as many people are making it sound. Literally millions of people per year travel with their dogs. They’re all ok, as are people staying in the hotels after them.

Casper Gutman

Man, the non-dog folks are really going out of their way to paint dog owners as pathetic, stupid, anti-scientific, irresponsible, careless morons. It's charming.

Here's the deal: no one is entitled to bring a dog to a hotel. That's one reason why abusing the service dog policy was bad. But at the same time, no one is entitled to demand that an entire hotel be free of dogs because they like the resort and think it should cater only to them. WDW is allowing dogs now. No one is a victim, no one is being deprived of anything they're entitled to. If the policy changes back, the same words apply.

suechris2

Not saying everyone would bring a dog. But think about this if they did. In 2014 19,332,000 people visited WDW. That's a lot of fur for housekeeping.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure but at the Loews Uni properties that allow pets, they include both dogs and cats allowed. Must be absolute chaos there, eh? ;)

Loewes' doesn't allow pets to remain unaccompanied in the rooms. You must use a pet-sitting service. And if they find your pet in the room without you... they remove it and charge you $50/hour sitting fee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom