4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

21stamps

1) My wife and I honeymooned at one of these resorts, so we like to go back to it sometimes. So it isn't as cut and dry an issue of "just pick another resort" as you state.
2) If you can't emotionally be away from your pet for 7 days you should:
a) Choose not to be away that long
b) Get therapy, because you need help if you are that fragile...seriously.

Also, let's put this in perspective. People can't smoke in 99.98% of WDW now because it bothers other people.
How is this any different? (and 2nd had smoke is a fallacy, if that's your strawman dig into the subj. a bit and you'll find the facts.)
This new culture of "I need my emotional support animal on the flight, in my room, with me at the grocery store * " is weak and pathetic.
*excluding true service dogs, I'm talking about fifi in a carry on, not a true service dog

Seriously, board your pet, how is leaving them in the room for 7hrs any good for the pet anyway?

This is hilarious to me.. someone needs therapy if they want to bring a pet on vacay.. but it’s completely acceptable and normal behavior to have things exactly your way because you like a certain hotel? Lol.

Come on now.. let’s be honest and call both scenarios a little selfish.

ABQ

As someone who is allergic to dogs I simply do not want to stay in a room where there was a dog. Eventually the dog fur/hair,dander and smell gets in to the rooms and the maid service is not going to clean every inch of the rooms to get rid of all evidence of a dog. They don't have the time to clean each room that well. They would need to have designated rooms that are set aside for this kind of thing.
Perhaps they will, just like the days, and still available in some areas, of smoking and non smoking rooms. As Universal has had dog friendly rooms for years, has it posed any trouble there?

disneygeek90

So noone even noticed that dogs had been in the park earlier? Poop and pee and dog hair and dog smell and allergen triggers didn’t have an impact on anyone?
I'm sure they had cleaned up any accidents prior to opening. You know, since they're outside on pavement and not in small, carpeted rooms.

Nubs70

1) My wife and I honeymooned at one of these resorts, so we like to go back to it sometimes. So it isn't as cut and dry an issue of "just pick another resort" as you state.
2) If you can't emotionally be away from your pet for 7 days you should:
a) Choose not to be away that long
b) Get therapy, because you need help if you are that fragile...seriously.

Also, let's put this in perspective. People can't smoke in 99.98% of WDW now because it bothers other people.
How is this any different? (and 2nd had smoke is a fallacy, if that's your strawman dig into the subj. a bit and you'll find the facts.)
This new culture of "I need my emotional support animal on the flight, in my room, with me at the grocery store * " is weak and pathetic.
*excluding true service dogs, I'm talking about fifi in a carry on, not a true service dog

Seriously, board your pet, how is leaving them in the room for 7hrs any good for the pet anyway?
Having seen many a dog at Lowe's, I inquired about their policy. Lowes allows any dogs in store as long as they are leashed. After getting dogs laundered at PetSmart, my wife and I walked our St Bernard and Burnease Mountain through Lowe's to pick up light bulbs. We had half the store and employees following us around asking to pet and take pictures of the dogs.

21stamps

I'm sure they had cleaned up any accidents prior to opening. You know, since they're outside on pavement and not in small, carpeted rooms.

So if a dog is not in your room, then it probably won’t have any impact right? Just like that day at MK?.. I tried to search for a thread on it. Couldn’t find one.

Driver

I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, I asked a sincere question. I don’t know if people ask to move if a service dog is at their resort..and I don’t know if Disney would accommodate that request.. which is why I asked.
I think it's a valid question but it also could be one of those things we won't know. I had mentioned waaay earlier in this thread about that exact senario. It may happen often and we are not privy to that answer. But I think it's very plausible and it would make sense that Disney would make a room swap. But to me this is a onesy twosy thing. When you add in the "dogs allowed " policy it could get nutty for them and that as well as some of the other issues that people have voiced in this thread is when we will see where this new policy ends up..... my 2 cents!

Matty H

Apologies for not reading all 55 pages of this thread. But, I don't get it. You bring your dog to the room, then leave him/her there for 12+ hours while you're in the parks? And in the meantime, the dog is peeing, pooping, shedding, and barking? What happens when your dog starts barking like crazy, bothering other guests, and you're not in the room? Guest call the front desk to complain, and...?

disneygeek90

So if a dog is not in your room, then it probably won’t have any impact right? Just like that day at MK?.. I tried to search for a thread on it. Couldn’t find one.
Small carpeted rooms would probably lock in scents, dander, etc over time. And if spread over dozens (hundreds?) of rooms could effect those nearby.

fngoofy

As someone who is allergic to dogs I simply do not want to stay in a room where there was a dog. Eventually the dog fur/hair,dander and smell gets in to the rooms and the maid service is not going to clean every inch of the rooms to get rid of all evidence of a dog. They don't have the time to clean each room that well. They would need to have designated rooms that are set aside for this kind of thing.
Especially when you aren't getting housekeeping service all week. They will only clean when you are there. How many people are going to call housekeeping at 9:00pm?

This is just insanity. Can I bring my emotional support kangaroo? His name is Joey and I love him to bits. He helps me deal with the stress of WDW. WHAT? Only dogs? Well I find this systemic anti kangaroo attitude in many places, but I never thought WDW would not allow me to bring Joey to my hotel room. His bowel movements rarely exceed those of the Mastiff staying next to us at the Beach Club (4lb-6lb on average, I usually clean them up if I have a hefty bag with me.)

Look, what I'm saying is this marsupial oversight needs to end.

21stamps

Apologies for not reading all 55 pages of this thread. But, I don't get it. You bring your dog to the room, then leave him/her there for 12+ hours while you're in the parks? And in the meantime, the dog is peeing, pooping, shedding, and barking? What happens when your dog starts barking like crazy, bothering other guests, and you're not in the room? Guest call the front desk to complain, and...?

Don’t worry, every 5 minutes they forget where they are.. they won’t remember how long they’ve been left alone. ;)

The article says 7 hour max policy.

Nubs70

At this point, these issues have not been addressed.

disneygeek90

Yep, pretty much my thought process exactly. I thought people went on vacations not to worry about things, not to worry even more about what in the world your dog is doing in your hotel room all day.

raymusiccity

As an example of how dangerous and unpredictale they can be: wife was an ER nurse for many years had a guy mid 50s come in to the ER with his face all bitten up requiring over 100 stiches. Turns out he was asleep on the couch and a pitbull he had for several years (never a problem in the past) attacked him out of the blue. As a dog owner IMO no one should own a pitbull ----- I'm sure I willl draw a lot of flack form pitbull owners

Agree 100%. Proof is all over the internet. Even St. Bernards have been known to attack.

disneygeek90

Could you imagine the chaos if they were actually allowed in MK for a day? I struggle to get through a day without a stroller or wheelchair running me down, let alone leashes tripping me and dogs winding between crowded legs.

21stamps

Could you imagine the chaos if they were actually allowed in MK for a day? I struggle to get through a day without a stroller or wheelchair running me down, let alone leashes tripping me and dogs winding between crowded legs.

I think it would be wonderful! Special advertised event.. that way the dog haters can stay home.. happy fun event with the dogs in costumes.

suechris2

Especially when you aren't getting housekeeping service all week. They will only clean when you are there. How many people are going to call housekeeping at 9:00pm?

This is just insanity. Can I bring my emotional support kangaroo? His name is Joey and I love him to bits. He helps me deal with the stress of WDW. WHAT? Only dogs? Well I find this systemic anti kangaroo attitude in many places, but I never thought WDW would not allow me to bring Joey to my hotel room. His bowel movements rarely exceed those of the Mastiff staying next to us at the Beach Club (4lb-6lb on average, I usually clean them up if I have a hefty bag with me.)

Look, what I'm saying is this marsupial oversight needs to end.
They clean so fast it would be impossible over time with dog after dog to clean a room so well that a person with severe allergies could stay there. They would have to designate rooms or sections of the hotels

disneygeek90

I think it would be wonderful! Special advertised event.. that way the dog haters can stay home.. happy fun event with the dogs in costumes.
I am in no way a dog hater. If anything I think I am more broken hearted about mine passing that I don't think I could do it all over again. But even so, there's no way I would have brought mine to a theme park. It's way too much of a hassle hauling pets everywhere I don't get how people do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom