4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

21stamps

As an example of how dangerous and unpredictale they can be: wife was an ER nurse for many years had a guy mid 50s come in to the ER with his face all bitten up requiring over 100 stiches. Turns out he was asleep on the couch and a pitbull he had for several years (never a problem in the past) attacked him out of the blue. As a dog owner IMO no one should own a pitbull ----- I'm sure I willl draw a lot of flack form pitbull owners

So in “many years” she saw one incident so now that means Pitbulls are bad, dangerous, and shouldn’t be pets.
How many domestic violence and child abuse victims did she encounter? Should we be fearful of all people?

But it does do harm. I have been in a restaurant where someone brought a dog and the dog immediately peed in the middle of the floor. Yeah that's what I like to smell (and it did smell) while having dinner. Now the patron was mortified and it was immediately cleaned up but the damaged was done. quite a number of folks left and I've been passed the establishment, they no longer allow dogs into their restaurant.
It's not about insulting people but imo, if you cannot tell the difference between a human and an animal there is a problem.
Now will it kill others No it won't but is that the bar dog owners set?? I'm good as long as I don't kill, maim or cause some one to have an asthma attack???
You can love anyone or any thing you wish. kiss it, carry it, whatever. I'm cool. Now I have two dogs, both are mutts german shepard mixes and I also have children. I've yet to mistaken one for the other, so I do find it hard that someone would actually say they are the same emotionally and truthfully I find that concept scary.

Restaurants who allow dogs inside are definitely not the norm, so chances of that happening often are slim. Most require the dogs to be in an outdoor seating area.

Sorry that happened to you. Although, bringing a dog to a restaurant doesn’t mean that the dog owner thought the dog was a human. My child is my child, my dog is also a family member, an important one.

Howling Horror Nights. Adult ticket prices $100, Child 3-9 $90, Pet $80.

I think this would be adorable. We’ll see..maybe it will be announced for 2018.

AshaNeOmah

I wonder if Disney would do a Halloween event for dogs.. at MK, not all of the parks. It’s common elsewhere. I think that could be really cute, especially now that people can bring their dogs and plan for. I’m talking one or two nights only event with specific hours, not daily.

How much do you think dog owners would pay for a pet ticket? I'm thinking $100 is fair to watch a Pluto themed fireworks show and a Goofy dance with your pet party.

21stamps

How much do you think dog owners would pay for a pet ticket? I'm thinking $100 is fair to watch a Pluto themed fireworks show and a Goofy dance with your pet party.

I don’t know. Our local Howl-o-Ween events all range from free (for dogs) to about $20 per dog.
Being a special event at Disney I’d think people may pay up to $80. You’ll have photpass there..which is a major bonus.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
As an example of how dangerous and unpredictale they can be: wife was an ER nurse for many years had a guy mid 50s come in to the ER with his face all bitten up requiring over 100 stiches. Turns out he was asleep on the couch and a pitbull he had for several years (never a problem in the past) attacked him out of the blue. As a dog owner IMO no one should own a pitbull ----- I'm sure I willl draw a lot of flack form pitbull owners
No offensive, but with that logic nobody should drive on the roads. For years I never had a problem until one day somebody t-boned me. For that reason nobody should drive.
Extreme example yes, but yours is as well, no?

John park hopper

Where I live there were several incidents reported in the news of pitbull attacks one resulting in the death of a child. Looked up the dog attack fatalities for 2017 --19 deaths attributed to pitbulls or bitbull mix. I consider them potential dangerous you may not that is your choice

21stamps

Where I live there were several incidents reported in the news of pitbull attacks one resulting in the death of a child. Looked up the dog attack fatalities for 2017 --19 deaths attributed to pitbulls or bitbull mix. I consider them potential dangerous you may not that is your choice

They are not dangerous. Bad owners make them dangerous.. backyard breeders contribute to the problem. There’s a big difference between where a dog come from, who raised him/her, and who breed them and for what reason.
The only dog owners I will criticize are those who either take breeding into their own hands, or who purchase from backyard breeders to save money..including those who breed or purchase “teacup” dogs...and I will especially criticize those who raise dogs to fight. It shouldn’t be done.
Rescues are a different story, if someone is flexible with their needs in a dog, then I have so much respect for people who choose that route.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I wonder if Disney would do a Halloween event for dogs.. at MK, not all of the parks. It’s common elsewhere. I think that could be really cute, especially now that people can bring their dogs and plan for. I’m talking one or two nights only event with specific hours, not daily.
Oh God. Don't even give them the idea.

21stamps

Oh God. Don't even give them the idea.

I looked it up out of curiosity.. apparently it has already happened once. Look at these photos!! So adorable!!

Attachments

• B6AA4E92-F4C5-40B7-956C-46E536833EA6.png
    B6AA4E92-F4C5-40B7-956C-46E536833EA6.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 1D4D8488-14CC-4581-9537-BD5C24D5DBE4.jpeg
    1D4D8488-14CC-4581-9537-BD5C24D5DBE4.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 67
  • C6764062-3E54-4791-9568-24F54C21BAA0.jpeg
    C6764062-3E54-4791-9568-24F54C21BAA0.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 6D3B8812-36FC-4279-8358-4B0222F15082.jpeg
    6D3B8812-36FC-4279-8358-4B0222F15082.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 64
  • 04A5E5E4-A08A-4E42-8C79-31BC3627822E.jpeg
    04A5E5E4-A08A-4E42-8C79-31BC3627822E.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 58B66813-972D-40F0-BDE8-16CF1FEFAC75.jpeg
    58B66813-972D-40F0-BDE8-16CF1FEFAC75.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 65

eliza61nyc

So in “many years” she saw one incident so now that means Pitbulls are bad, dangerous, and shouldn’t be pets.
How many domestic violence and child abuse victims did she encounter? Should we be fearful of all people?

Restaurants who allow dogs inside are definitely not the norm, so chances of that happening often are slim. Most require the dogs to be in an outdoor seating area.

Sorry that happened to you. Although, bringing a dog to a restaurant doesn’t mean that the dog owner thought the dog was a human. My child is my child, my dog is also a family member, an important one.

I think this would be adorable. We’ll see..maybe it will be announced for 2018.

Definitely agree, like I said my concern is the governing of this. Now I've until the Obama's I never knew there was anything called a "hypoallergenic" dog and I admit to be skeptic that all of a sudden everyone swears they have one. lol cause in my big city retrievers, pit bulls, mutts and rat terriers seem to be the rag but be that as it may, Disney doesn't do well with forcing folks to adhere to rules, so I'll be surprised if they do better in this case.

This is Hobbes the dog, lol we love him. He's a senior now, almost 14 years old. He's going blind and getting wobbly, my son know that he has more years behind him than in front of him and while we love him and will miss him, I can guarantee you they miss their dad way more, who lost his battle with cancer a few years back. That's why I find it hard when people say "I'd be just as upset if my dog dies as if my kid died". yeah let your child die and then get back.

180.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Any reports of giant aggressive dogs yet?
"Aggression" is one of the most misdiagnosed things with dogs. 99.9% of the time, a dog bite stems from anxiety, not aggression. We call them "fear bites". It can happen very quickly and with no easily observed signs. I mentioned the other day how the most common phrase I hear from dog owners is "it never happened before".

I do not think there will be many issues with dogs at WDW as most owners are very responsible. But it is the unknown scenario that can occur that can easily cause a "fear bite" or even a dog jumping on a small child and then you have a parent demanding compensation from Disney.

simba2

Ah! This would be awesome. I would totally be down for all kinds of dog events at Disney both in and out of the parks. I think I'll add this to my email in support of the new pet policy at Disney.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
No offensive, but with that logic nobody should drive on the roads. For years I never had a problem until one day somebody t-boned me. For that reason nobody should drive.
Extreme example yes, but yours is as well, no?
Well said, Sir. I was going to reply but you said it perfectly. As a dog trainer/handler I have been bit many times and the majority are from smaller dogs. A pit bull is just stronger, not meaner.

Pixieish

I didn't read this whole thread, so I'm sorry if this opinion has already been stated...

Disney is basically giving the jerks who already abuse the service dog laws an excuse to do so even more, and I guarantee we'll see the number of people abusing the law increase by a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I think service dogs are wonderful (I would love to get my autistic son one, but with the price tag in the $25,000 range, I don't see that happening). It's the people abusing the law that anger me. And no - therapy dogs do not fall under the same protections as service dogs.

Mander

In the Parks
No
Found photos of my dog’s Day Care busses before we moved.
Disney really should do something like this with their pet hotel. So many great “Disney touches” that could be done!

View attachment 238617

View attachment 238618

This is so cute!
"Aggression" is one of the most misdiagnosed things with dogs. 99.9% of the time, a dog bite stems from anxiety, not aggression. We call them "fear bites". It can happen very quickly and with no easily observed signs. I mentioned the other day how the most common phrase I hear from dog owners is "it never happened before".

I do not think there will be many issues with dogs at WDW as most owners are very responsible. But it is the unknown scenario that can occur that can easily cause a "fear bite" or even a dog jumping on a small child and then you have a parent demanding compensation from Disney.

Yes! Dogs give off so many warning signs and I would venture a guess that true "out of nowhere" bites are extremely rare. It is one of many reasons I wouldn't bring my dogs. My younger one is a Golden and he would be fine with new people. My older one is a Shiba Inu mix who isn't terribly fond of children because she's never really known any. The number of parents who let their kids run up to her with no regard to her body language- it makes me crazy! I can't imagine having her somewhere like Disney with so many kids around. She'd be miserable. It's so rare to find a kid who knows to ask permission before petting, sadly.

I do think most dog owners are smart enough to figure out if this is a good idea for their dog or not (I bet most say not). I'd imagine it will mostly be used by people within driving distance because there is also no way I'd trust any airline with either of my dogs.

Mander

In the Parks
No
I didn't read this whole thread, so I'm sorry if this opinion has already been stated...

Disney is basically giving the jerks who already abuse the service dog laws an excuse to do so even more, and I guarantee we'll see the number of people abusing the law increase by a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I think service dogs are wonderful (I would love to get my autistic son one, but with the price tag in the $25,000 range, I don't see that happening). It's the people abusing the law that anger me. And no - therapy dogs do not fall under the same protections as service dogs.

I don't quite see the logic in this though. If they are already abusing the system and saying they have a service dog- how does this change that? I'm genuinely curious here. I think if they were going to abuse it, they probably already are and the option to pay more money per night to follow the rules won't do much to change that.

ABQ

I'm not sure this will cause more abuse. I assume you mean people with fake service dogs? As service dogs are already allowed in any resort and the parks, with no added fees. I would think, if someone is willing to abuse that law and bring a fake service dog in, they already have.

Driver

Are you serious or joking?

Because people who live in dog friendly cities appear to be just fine. I’m not doubting dog allergies.. I’m doubting that people are on plane rides having allergic reactions to pets on the plane who aren’t hypoallergenic.. as a more than once, if any, occurrence. I think more often than not most people don’t even realize that dogs are in the cabin. How would you even know?

I also doubt that a large amount of people at a resort are going to have severe allergies all at that the same time just because there are dogs on the same large premises as them.
Based on your post you have no experience or understanding of allergies. Sensitivity varies from each person from mild to severe and the ones who are in the severe category can get sick in a matter of minutes just from being in close proximity. They have zero control over it. This is not a choice for them they live with this problem everyday. Throwing out random remarks about how people encounter animals in everyday life and seem to be fine is silly. Because after that encounter you really don't know what happened to that person for the rest of that day. They may have suffered for hours after who knows. I know because I have a severe cat allergy. Just a few minutes around a cat and I'm done, it takes several hours for my asthma to settle down. Try running around the block and when your out of breath , breathe through a straw, that's close to what it feels like. And for some of these conditions no amount of preventive meds will help and why should I put these drugs into my system in case I encounter your pet? In many situations people can avoid exposure but the chance of being on a plane or in a motel room that has or had an animal becomes a big problem for a person with a allergic situation. The irony to me is I'm not allergic to dogs at all and I have had many, I think their great. But I am against this idea because I am sensitive to the folks who have allergies and I see trouble brewing unless this new policy takes all this into consideration. I think all the room swapping etc. is going to be a pain in the backside for Disney and this may get phased out or severely modified if they in fact stay with it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
He loves to take baths/showers. Open the shower door he walks right in. Spray him with a hose, he sits right down. Ask him to lift his chin so you can spray off his chest, he lifts his chin. Stupidest thing you have ever seen.
Understand completely. I had a Saint once -- it would eat windowsills just because they were at mouth level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom