4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

21stamps

Just scrolled thru my “on this day” posts onFB.. thought it would be appropriate to share with all of you :)

08618500-9A1C-4101-88A7-0381D531CEBA.jpeg

disney4life2008

People are inherently stupid. I once saw someone complain about someone allowing their dog to lay ON a table people eat at in one of the Disney parks. I guarantee that was not a service dog. And don't get me started on the yahoos that think therapy or support dogs deserve the same classification.

That is nothing. I saw a mom change her baby literally on the table at cosmic rays.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The ADA is flawed. It’s desigmed to protect those in need from unnecessary scrutiny but leaves the door open for abuse. I would think this room policy at least helps limit the ADA fraud with hotel rooms.

As far as the parks go, why would people want to bring their dogs into a theme park anyway? Service dogs have no choice, they are working but there’s nothing good for a pet to do there. I don’t get that at all.

The ADA should be referred to as the professional plaintiffs full employment act because of the flaws in its drafting and implementation.

It WAS and IS a good idea but it's too open to abuse.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's so gross it's funny! Unlike the previous post which was just gross .... Ewwwwww

:eek::eek:

Whats funny about it I've been forced to use the top of a trash can as a table more than once in the MK, The very definition of 'unforgettable happens here' yup it does unfortunately those moments are frequently not the ones Disney would prefer you remember.

Raineman

Ok I have a better understanding of what you said however I'm not all in on people controlling a pet allergie. I went through this years back with my issue with cats and basically what the Doc said was " you can avoid cats, dogs etc. but the pollens and etc. you can't and that's what they will help you with. So if some poor soul happens on an animal, that's where that persons problem begins. I get you can stay somewhere else but as some have posted what about folks who like returning to a particular resort because it's a favorite and now dogs are allowed and they got an allergy issue. They may not want to take a chance going there and that takes the fun out of it for them. I am genuinely curious how this will end up.
TBH, I have never had allergies, and I don't really know how they can be controlled, other than taking over-the-counter antihistamines. My post was basically just wondering out loud that if people with other allergies can medicate to help with the symptoms, can it also be done for people with pet allergies? If they are two totally different classes of allergies, and pet allergies cannot be minimized at the same level as other allergies, then I totally agree that being at a WDW resort with dogs present would be a problem. My daughter, who is allergic to pollen, went with us to Epcot last year during F&G, without taking a Benadryl before we left, and she was miserable-sneezing, headache, couldn't breathe deeply, etc. Once she took a Benadryl, she was better for the rest of the day.

Raineman

This analogy is complexity flawed. The other allergens you are talking about occur naturally. Disney did not create a policy that is allowing those allergens in. This policy allows that. I can’t understand why people are so hung up on that or quite frankly why it matters. People with dog allergies don’t need to justify their dislike of this policy to anyone.
I am not disputing what you just said. My point was that, if having an allergy to dogs is the only reason why you disagree with the presence of dogs at a WDW resort, can the dog allergy be controlled the same as the other common allergies that I mentioned? If so, then having dogs at a WDW resort you are staying at would not be a deterrent from staying there, at least not nearly as much of a deterrent. If you can't take any kind of over-the-counter medication to alleviate dog allergy symptoms, then I understand 100% why dogs at WDW would be a problem.

21stamps

I am not disputing what you just said. My point was that, if having an allergy to dogs is the only reason why you disagree with the presence of dogs at a WDW resort, can the dog allergy be controlled the same as the other common allergies that I mentioned? If so, then having dogs at a WDW resort you are staying at would not be a deterrent from staying there, at least not nearly as much of a deterrent. If you can't take any kind of over-the-counter medication to alleviate dog allergy symptoms, then I understand 100% why dogs at WDW would be a problem.

Yes of course they can take medication.
Have you seen the maps of the resorts where the dog areas will be? I laughed out loud.
Is the dog park at Ft Wilderness new or has that always been there?

On the abuse subject- I wonder how many people are using this as an excuse to get a free upgrade to a different resort.

21stamps

I wouldn't say against the policy but just not willing to take advantage of it.

Not to mention, this site probably doesn’t produce the most reflective results of the general public. Not saying that good or bad, but there are many here who are dedicated to Disney in a way that most others aren’t.. and take it as a personal insult if Disney changes anything without asking the dedicated person’s permission first ;)

Tony the Tigger

On the abuse subject- I wonder how many people are using this as an excuse to get a free upgrade to a different resort.

My guess would be ridiculous amounts.

Maybe everyone should stop guessing what dogs will do, what dog owners will do, what Disney will do, and what non-dog people will do, and just let the test play out.

Chernaboggles

Ah, but what about horses?

Miniature horses acting as service animals are already allowed at WDW. From the relevant Guest Services page:

"At Walt Disney World theme parks and Resort hotels, a service animal is defined as any dog or miniature horse trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability."

I imagine there are many fewer fakes, though. Mini-horses are way more work and investment than dogs.

Pixieish

Maybe everyone should stop guessing what dogs will do, what dog owners will do, what Disney will do, and what non-dog people will do, and just let the test play out.

I'm going by the ridiculous and self-centered behavior I've seen personally, and that friends of mine have seen personally at the parks and resorts. This is not going to be a pretty situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom