4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

AEfx

what is stronger the desire to avoid the barking dog call or the overwhelming need to keep their face constantly in the phone. I think for some people it might be physically impossible to do without a phone for that long.

Gosh, Goof, you know...this is all getting so complicated. It's almost like it the intelligent decision would be to LEAVE THE FREAKING DOG AT HOME.

;)

Incomudro

The dog is a comfort object (like a teddy bear), and having their dog waiting for them in their room is more accessible and comforting than going to the kennel. To further complicate matters, the owners project human emotions and thought processes onto their dog, believing the dog would rather stay in the room.

Having comfort object > what’s best for the animal

As well as greater than the desires and rights of other people.

Driver

Someone’s post in another thread reminded me of this one...

Thought I’d check in to hear about all of the mayhem this new policy is causing.
So far it's been very quiet and low key. They had a little spiel that they gave to us on how to handle dogs in case they came on the bus, but I have not seen any nor have any drivers I know. I do get the occasional service dog. ( one last week) but that was happening already.

21stamps

So far it's been very quiet and low key. They had a little spiel that they gave to us on how to handle dogs in case they came on the bus, but I have not seen any nor have any drivers I know. I do get the occasional service dog. ( one last week) but that was happening already.

Thank you for the update!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree that it’s probably too early to call this. Despite pages of anecdotes about the masses of people wishing to travel with their dogs it seems like the program is so far largely a bust and not being very heavily used. @mikejs78 is probably right that most people already had their rooms booked before this announcement so it’s too soon to completely write off. I think we probably need to give it another 6 months before judging it either way.

For those shocked at the overreaction from this forum, welcome to wdwmagic :). You should have been around when they changed the napkins in the parks to plain brown. Talk about overreaction to trivial concerns;)

disneyflush

I agree that it’s probably too early to call this. Despite pages of anecdotes about the masses of people wishing to travel with their dogs it seems like the program is so far largely a bust and not being very heavily used. @mikejs78 is probably right that most people already had their rooms booked before this announcement so it’s too soon to completely write off. I think we probably need to give it another 6 months before judging it either way.

For those shocked at the overreaction from this forum, welcome to wdwmagic :). You should have been around when they changed the napkins in the parks to plain brown. Talk about overreaction to trivial concerns;)

We are all in the top 1% of Disney fans that actually have feelings strong enough to post on a fan forum about all things Disney so no one is perfectly sane here :D. The napkin thing represented a lot more than just a physical napkin to a lot of people. People care about what they care about.

21stamps

I think it’s very important to point out the following-

If you go back and read the posts from people who travel with dogs or stayed in dog friendly hotels, not one of them claimed that any hotel was over run with them. The opposite claims were made.

Painting something “largely a bust” because there aren’t many dogs at a dog friendly hotel is quite inaccurate. “Pet Friendly doesn’t equal Pet Full.” A bust would be if no one stayed there.
Unless I’m missing something and those specific hotels are no longer being booked at all...

Anyway, glad to see that none of the predicted horror stories have come to fruition. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom