4 days, 4 parks??

MrEye

We're going for our first trip over Spring Break. (I know, super busy, but it's the only time we can do it).

Will it be possible to do 1 day at each park? I figure we'd need 2 days at MK, but don't want to miss out on Epcot because I'm not really sure we'll be able to come back again.

I was thinking of doing 1/2 day at AK and the other half at Epcot, but with a family of 6 getting the Park Hopper option just for that is a difference of almost $400. But then again, I'm not sure 4 kids (9,7,5 and 3) will want to do an entire day at Epcot and I'm not sure they'll want to be hurried through MK in just 1 day.

Maybe we'll just do a 5 day pass. It's only a difference of $50 more. (Just thinking out loud now).

Thoughts?

SAV

Just to clarify, is this your first trip ever or your first trip over Spring Break?

If it is your first trip ever, then I would re-think spending only 1/2 of a day at AK and at Epcot. You will be surprised at how much there is to do at Epcot for the kids. We always do 2 days at Epcot and never hear that the kids want to leave.

Yes, you can rush through the parks and get through them, but you will miss so much doing that. There is more than enough to see for a first time visitor to each park. To me a half day at AK isn't enough(Yes, you will hear others say to just do a half day, but it is a place to slow down and take it all in). And with AK closing earlier than the rest, it is a nice park to do mid trip and spend a bit of time at the resort for some pool time and whatnot.

And you didn't mention Hollywood Studios. Make sure to get there too.

Personally, if you can afford to add the additional day, then do it. That way you can enjoy all of the parks to their fullest and not short change yourself.

Another suggestion is to either buy the Unofficial Guide to get access to Touringplans.com or just buy the on-line access to Touringplans.com to do your research. A good plan at a busy time can make a bid difference in what you do or don't get to do.

One last thing is you should consider the order that you will do the parks. To most kids, MK is the crown jewel. That's where all of the rides are. If you think that they will be disappointed in the other parks because there are fewer rides, then maybe start at DHS or AK, then Epcot and finally MK. Each park has plenty to do, it's just that some of it may not be rides, but shows or interactive activities, etc.

Upvote 0

kstella

Because of crowd levels it will be very difficult for you to do everything you might want to do in the time you have, especially with younger children. You may want to decide before you go what you really want to do and just concentrate on those things. Park hoppers make things easier but if it is not an option for your family...

The thing to remember will be that you are on vacation, spending time with your family and whatever doesn't get done this time is a built in reason to go again!!!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
One thing to also keep in mind is with small kids are you likely going to be doing a lot of the big e ticket attractions like Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Everest, Tower of Terror, etc. Not doing these will free up a considerable amount of time as these will have waits during spring break.

I would also avoid doing a lot of sit down dining. Eating counter service at non standard times of the day lets you optimize your time. That being said, scheduling a dinner at Chef Mickeys the day of arrival allows you a nice sit down and access to characters.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Maybe we'll just do a 5 day pass. It's only a difference of $50 more. (Just thinking out loud now).

If you are only going to be there for 4 days and want to park hop, the park hopper option is your only choice. You cannot use the 5th day on a ticket to park hop, the systems are setup to stop that.

Upvote 0

MrEye

Original Poster
If you are only going to be there for 4 days and want to park hop, the park hopper option is your only choice. You cannot use the 5th day on a ticket to park hop, the systems are setup to stop that.

No, I understand that. We're renting a house with my cousin's family for a full week.

I think we'll just go the 5 day ticket route...

2 @ MK
1 @ DHS
1 @ AK
1 @ Epcot

And, as far as the big ticket items, I think my oldest will be into that, so we'll have to do them. But, with 4 adults and 6 kids we'll be able to split up for a bit if necessary.

Upvote 0

cabihler

here is my 2cents worth

since this is your first time there and since you are not wanting to spend the extra on park hoppers and since you are renting a house for the week my suggestion is........

purchase a 7 day ticket and do 2days each at MK, EPCOT, HS and 1 day at AK. at the very least do a 6 day ticket for 2 days at MK & EPCOT and 1 day at HS & AK.

once your kids get a sense of what Soaring, Race Track & Mission Space is all about they are going to nail you to go on them over and over.

i remember our first time there way, way back when it was just MK. we had no idea what to expect. even with today's media and even if you got the planning dvd you wont believe how awed you are going to be until you are in the parks. if possible do the 7 day suggestion.

chris

Upvote 0
I would not worry about park hoppers for a first trip...especially spring break time. You can find more than enough to do at each park and can also enjoy just taking it all in while you wait in lines. If you do your research and go with both a plan AND the attitude of no expectations/no disappointments, you're sure to have a great time. Don't worry about hitting everything as then it's more about the destination and not the journey...don't forget the small things and the "journey." You don't want to be rushing around so much that you won't be able to immerse yourself in the magic and be spontaneous. Get there (each park)as early as you can even if it means waiting in a line to get in. Study maps beforehand...have meeting times and places so you can split up on occasion. I would try to eek out the 5th day and spend one day in each park and then decide where to spend the 5th day based on what everyone wants to see more of...

I agree with whomever said to not tie up time with sit down meals...I would maybe try to work in that character meal or two. I would chose Donald's Safari breakfast at AK as early as you can get an AR for to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald? I think they are the characters there the last time I went. Maybe Daisy? Anyhoo, I like this one because it's so quick and you spend less time there. Also Crystal Palace in MK has a fairly quick character meal, with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. Chef Mickey's is awesome but it always takes us so long there...

I love AK, but that's the photographer in me...I always go there at least two times per trip and spend most of the day there. So much to see, IMHO. You can use the rest of that day to enjoy the pool as someone else mentioned, or to go to DTD that evening.

Hollywood Studios is my least favorite park but I think I am in the minority here. I love to go and watch the street performers and just sit and people watch, honestly...RUN to get Toy Story Mania fast passes as soon as you get there would be my advice for this park!

EPCOT has plenty to offer and you'll be wishing you had more time there. Run to get Soarin' fast passes here as well, first thing in the gates.

Magic Kingdom...well, it speaks for itself. :)

That is my "nutshell" first timer advice. :lol

Oh, first thing in the first gate, go to that parks guest relations and get everyone a first visit button!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom