4 days/16hrs/18min/14sec till Disney world!

dalayney

Original Poster
Hope you don't mind I'm posting this.... just me blabbering as I am bouncing off the walls waiting to go... NO ONE understands so I thought I would come here. (well, my hubby is pretty excited, but he's working) Disney on the brain is running rampat, and I am almost ashamed at how much time I have spent today looking at all the different disney related websites!

We fly in Monday 17th, afternoon, check in to ASMovies, and this is probably the only night I don't have anything planned! If anyone has any suggestions, let er' rip!~ We don't have any PS for the night, nor do we have a clue as to what we should do that first night. My mom and her new hubby will be going w/us and I would like to do something special. (no clue as to what?)

Tuesday is MK: as they have the xtra evening hrs. We have a Character Lunch/Crystal Palace as it is Hunter's bday!

Wed: Epcot: Extra evening hours: only PS is for my hubby and my new stepdad. They will eat at Beirgarten for supper.... Mom and I do NOT like German food. (I went in 2002 and it was a total waste of $20 on me... I felt so bad) Mom and I aren't sure where we'll eat, but we'll figure it out.

Thurs: MGM: extra evening hours: PS for 50's prime time at lunch, and then PS for Sci fi around supper time, (ice cream only here)

Friday: Animal Kingdom Lunch @ Rainforest and then we have a PS for BOma at AKL.

Sat: Day off.... sleep in and shop

Sun-Mon ..... (shhh.......Unv/I of Adv.......)

Tues: Hubby and I will get a day to ourselves at Univ/Ils and son will go w/grandparents to a Disney Park

Wed: Last day at Disney park... not sure which one yet. (probably MK)

Thursday: Ball like a baby and fly home to the frigid freezing state of Nebraska......

We are VERY slow paced vacationers and are for-going the park hopper option. We can easily spend the whole day and night at one park. (slowww as molases) When we bought our tickets, the reservation people kinda acted like we were crazy for just "base tickets", but oh well. If we are going for this long, I thought it wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Anyone have any extra ideas you think we can fit in, let' er rip. You guys have the best tips on any of the boards I have seen so far. ...... makes me almost weepy.....
I have found my people! Dalayney:kiss:

DisneyMemories

LUCKY :lol: l have to wait till this summer to go down and i'll be driving not flying. Well here's an idea if you get checked in early enough at your hotel why not goto Downtown disney (never been there myself,yet) but i've read theres lots to do,see, shop ,eat,etc. l hope to check it out myself when l visit in the summer. Oh and please get lots of pictures to share with us on here to help ease our suffering till were able to return and any info you can get on any attraction will help too. Have fun you lucky people you :D

meatloafsfan

Have you ever stayed at all star movies before? If you are into taking pictures, the giant icons at all the all stars are great to see.

That could even be a good first evening activity - travel around your hotel (and even all star sports and music) taking pictures and looking at the icons. A bonus to this, is it's like a warm up for the park walking, you know sort of ease you (your husband, your 6 yr old son, your mother and her husband) into the magic.

Since1976

Didn't read your whole post, but I could tell from the font that you are REALLY excited. Heck, I have 296 days to go and I'm practically bouncing off the walls myself!

ralz28

Countdown..........

337 days here :cry: :(

But it will be my first trip with our 2 new girls (3 yrs old and 1 yr old). We are staying also at the Allstar Movies. Can't wait..... :xmas: :) :king: :lol:

I asked my parents to go again ( we went in Augest) they don't want to go again for a while... I gotta convince them to go again.... we might go to hawaii this summer but I wanna go to DISNEY WORLD SOOOOO bad LOL!

Angie

Mom's the word

Hey, DH and I will be down the same time you are, here's to some sunshine and warm weather!

I'd go with the Downtown Disney thing the first night, gets you in the mood. There is a fantastic Lego store for your son - don't know how old he is though - also the World of Disney store and another toy store, Once Upon a Toy, lots of great stuff. There's also Disney Pin Traders, great selection, and Disney's Wonderful World of Memories for scrapbooking supplies if you're into that.

We like Wolfgang Puck Express for the pizzas and Earl of Sandwich had really terrific sandwiches and salads and was inexpensive, we actually went there a couple of times for supper with our family group. For dessert there's Ghirardelli's Soda Fountain, the most fantastic, delicious, I'm craving one right now, sundaes ever.

There are lots of other stores that offer clothing, gifts, candy, sunglasses. Virgin records has a megastore here. If you feel like a more expensive, table service supper there's Bongos - Cuban food, Wolfgang Puck - fusion, Planet Hollywood, Portobello Yacht Club - Italian, Fulton's Crab House - seafood is the specialty, we've been there and really enjoyed the meal, Rainforest Cafe or Cap'n Jack's - seafood, pasta, steak and ribs.

Everyone in our party found something to see or shop for or eat at Downtown Disney and we had an age range from 4-64 years. Have a terrific vacation and hang in there while you're waiting - I definitely know where you're coming from! 2 days and counting!!!:sohappy:

MagicMan17

dalayney,
What a great feeling to be leaving in 4 days! I'm excited for you. You have definitely found your people! Unfortunately, like some of the others, my countdown figure has 3 digits. Make sure you give us a trip report when you get back so that we can survive.

I envy you so much! Hope you have a fantasmic time! (make sure to see that several times for me!:D )

I have never been to the rainforest cafe. Ive heard you get massive portions and also get caught in several monsoons. But I also hear its dead expensive. Is all this true cuz i would like to persuade my parents to take us next timein about:
1 year and six months!​
Oh it seems so long...well, it is! But Ill live through it.​
HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!!!​

ralz28

Rainforest is not dead expensive, they have excellent food and it is anywhere for $10-$25 a person depending on what you order. I love the hamburger from there:
Add house salad or cup of soup for only $3.99
All burgers served with potato chips or substitute Safari fries for $1.49

Rainforest Burger - 1/2 lb. burger, charbroiled and topped with melted Swiss cheese. Served on a toasted bun with tomato, lettuce, onion $9.99; with bacon, add $0.99; with sauteed mushrooms add $0.99.

This is from http://allearsnet.com/

wannabeBelle

Hey there, For a first night item I might suggest either dinner at the Hoop De Doo Revue, or O'Hanas. I have been to both and enjoy both. Both are all you can eat venues, O'hana's being more polynesian and the Hoop De doo Revue being more BBQ style. Ohana's doesnt have a stage show, HoopDeDoo does. Hoop De doo has all you can drink beer or Sangrai ( soft drinks as well) included in teh price O'hana's only includes soft drinks although there is a bar and you can order whatever suits you. Any other questions just ask!! Belle

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Geez Belle, you beat me again.

Ok, I second O'hana as a possible dinner choice, Also Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge (Artist Point is wonderful, but a little more on the pricy side)
The other thought I had (that Belle didn't suggest :zipit: ) is an evening at downtown Disney. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck (Cafe not upstairs) or Fultons or even Wolfgang Puck Express or other lighter fare, then a few hours at Pleasure Island oops, forgot about the child. Hoop de do is a nice treat if you can get tickets at this late date.

Otherwise, your schedule looks nice and diverse and you have a handle on your vacation "speed".

Enjoy

wannabeBelle

ClemsonTigger said:
Geez Belle, you beat me again.

Ok, I second O'hana as a possible dinner choice, Also Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge (Artist Point is wonderful, but a little more on the pricy side)
The other thought I had (that Belle didn't suggest :zipit: ) is an evening at downtown Disney. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck (Cafe not upstairs) or Fultons or even Wolfgang Puck Express or other lighter fare, then a few hours at Pleasure Island oops, forgot about the child. Hoop de do is a nice treat if you can get tickets at this late date.

Otherwise, your schedule looks nice and diverse and you have a handle on your vacation "speed".

Enjoy
Hey there!!! I think Fulton's is a great place to eat but it can get REALLY pricey quickly. I havent dined at any of the other locations as of yet so I cant comment. Belle

diddy_mouse

i always suggest heading to DTD...it was the frist thing we did on our last trip, grabbed lunch at Rainforest Cafe, then hopped a bus to the Contemporary to catch a monorail to MK. :)

did i mention we were staying at a DTD resort? i have a special connection to DTD now...every time we started our day we walked around the Marketplace and every night we did the same thing as we walked back to our resort.

have fun on your trip!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom