4/18/05 LMAX and EE Mini-update

amfail20

LSUxStitch said:
It's the famous WDW ladder!!! running joke b/c we are all dorks.lol

Ok i know ur a dork so i will have to accept that... i will stop thinking about it as well as the ship Thanx so that my head will stop hurting!
ºOº

bears163

LSUxStitch said:
ladder.bmp

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaack, just sunning itself this time.
i take it you are talking about the famous ladder that keeps getting moved around the park from attraction to attraction. i wll never forget when that first started wasn't it MS?. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mission: SPACE

Yes... the jet skis have been at LMA since February... it's just that they haven't been in the show yet.

Some spoilers are included in the rest of this post, so read at your own risk...

I was at work on Sunday, and we had no shows at LMA. Instead, new directors and first assistant directors were rehearsing their lines by doing a show run through (I think they had some new drivers... some of them were having some trouble!). Later in the day, around 3:30 PM, I walked from the marquee back to the stadium, and lo and behold, guess what's in the water? JET SKIS! They rehearsed and practiced with the jet skis up until I left at 5:00.

Let me just say this... those jet skis will splash water EVERYWHERE onstage! Camera Alley (the concrete area in between the stage and the stadium) was SOAKED... I now see a point to the bridge facade on stage left! And to those poor entertainment cast members who were sitting in the patio under the umbrellas... well, they were SOAKED! It was kinda funny to watch all of them try and run from the wave! Basically, for the short time those jet skis are running, they are going to blast quite a bit of water around that moat... All of the jet ski portion of the show will fit into the motorcycle chase, somewhere.

As a side note, the Shamu effect will probably be implimented soon, although that is just speculation on my part. Aooarently, the Shamu effect will be strongest at the center of the stage. It's going to shoot out from the area around the bridge...

We're going to get our second hero back, eventually... lol. Definitely before the press event on May 4, in my opinion. According to my manager, it is being repaired right now, and I'd expect to see it before they invite all of those media crews in there.

They are also rehearsing some kind of new entrance to the stage, featuring the hero and two villians. The cars will come in through the archway closest to stage center on the left side. The hero comes in, does a 270, a villian comes in and does the same, the hero takes off toward Camera Alley as another villian enters the stage, the first villian proceeds to folllow the hero, with the second villian trailing close behind both. The cars then head down Camera Alley toward the tunnel, the hero flies into the tunnel, and both villians do a 270 right in front of the tunnel. The second villian becomes the lead, with the first villian in the middle, and the hero in the back as they leave Camera Alley the same way they came in (toward stage left).

Don't expect to see shows regularly until the official opening. Things are honestly changing daily at this point. We were supposed to have two shows on Sunday, and both were cancelled for some unapparent reason.

imagineersrock

Original Poster
Thanks for the scoop, Mission: SPACE

Thats some great info, it's greatly appreciated. ---Man, This show just keeps getting beeter and better... can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Vernonpush

bears163 said:
i take it you are talking about the famous ladder that keeps getting moved around the park from attraction to attraction. i wll never forget when that first started wasn't it MS?. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where can I buy a Ladder doll? Got to have one! :lol:

DarkMeasures

CTXRover said:
I've noticed that the evac stairs along the track in the front of the mountain are already getting something done to them at the very top. I was also wondering if anybody knows what the large poles that have been installed all along the side of the helix going back into the mountain are for? Maybe it has to do with something that will in the end hide that part of the track and the evac stairs. This would make it more in sync with the concept art, which from the looks of it, appears to be dead-on with everything else.

I also notice that the main drop is getting some themed touches, including wooden 'planks' under the tracks.

I would say and I am about 90 percent sure that what is going under that drop is wooded tessles.

Gfhweb

Mission: SPACE said:
Yes... the jet skis have been at LMA since February... it's just that they haven't been in the show yet.

Some spoilers are included in the rest of this post, so read at your own risk...

As a side note, the Shamu effect will probably be implimented soon, although that is just speculation on my part. Aooarently, the Shamu effect will be strongest at the center of the stage. It's going to shoot out from the area around the bridge...

What do you mean by the shamu effect?

Brent

Wasn't the ladder just at The Land? Wow it moves fast, Amazing! The Jet Skis are being put into to pratice is good to hear for a min. I got worried they wern't going to be in the final show. EE is looking great I can't wait to ride it.

Mission: SPACE

When I say Shamu Effect I'm referring to water being shot at/into the audience... It's supposed to hit at least the first few rows toward the center of the stadium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom