3rd trip this year??

Big-Bad-Dave

Original Poster
Does anyone else think it's odd that my wife and I are both 30 with no kids and we are Disney nuts? We went in Febuary for 3 days, April for 3 days and we are planning another trip in September for 3 days. Does that seem wierd? The main reason we are going in Sept is because I was told it is like a different park because it is like a ghost town.

llrain

its all good ..we are the same way....in our low 30's, no kids
and live for the next time we go down. usually only 2 times a year now...

But wait till the phrase "disney vacation club" comes up...its all
over at that time...

last year we figured since we go 2 times a year we should just buy into
it ..and are glad we did....gives us a chance to go more than twice if we want

oh then since we are DVC members now we figured we get anual passes..never considered it in the past...so we did that

SO then we got those anual passes and discovered we could have freedom
of any park throughout the year...so in janurary we took a freak weekend
palne trip for the sneak peak of everest for the hell of it...

just wait and see!!! hehe

musketeer

Big-Bad-Dave said:
Does anyone else think it's odd that my wife and I are both 30 with no kids and we are Disney nuts? We went in Febuary for 3 days, April for 3 days and we are planning another trip in September for 3 days. Does that seem wierd? The main reason we are going in Sept is because I was told it is like a different park because it is like a ghost town.

Yes. I think it is odd.

I don't think that it is odd. I have children and sometimes wish that I could get a chance to enjoy the magic without them. Life is too short. Enjoy yourself.

justducky78

I don't think it's odd at all. To each his own. I'm 28 and my husband 34, with no children. We just got back from a 10 day trip and plan on going back with friends in September.

One morning when we were waiting for the MK to open, a woman with her husband and two kids looked at us and said "are you on your honeymoon?"
We said "no, we've been together many, many years" so she said "but, you have no kids" and we said "right - no kids!"

She whispered to us, "how nice...it was always MORE magical without kids!" She looked like a nice, normal woman with a nice, normal family and we thought that was so nice, funny that she would say that to us. So unexpected.

I think you can have a magical time with or without kids (it's just different) and it doesn't make you WEIRD that you like to go so much. We have friends who are always running off to Vegas or some other destination...why is it any more weird that you enjoy Disney instead?

Disney has great restaurants, pools, spas, nightclubs, etc - just with a more family friendly, wholesome appeal. You won't catch me DEAD in Vegas or even in a lot of major cities - we don't drink and don't like the whole party scene with XXX clubs on every corner. I much prefer the cleaner image that Disney has.

Go and enjoy yourself and don't worry about what other people think.

:wave:

Blackie Pueblo

I don't think it is odd at all. My wife and I are both 30, actually I will hit 31 at the end of the month, and we have season passes. Yet, we don't have kids, yet. We are Disney nuts, I more than her, and we love going to the big DW. It's our escape from our troubles, and the troubled world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our cast is picked, and rehearsals have started! http://www.newlineagefilms.com

Boray

I think you should go as often as you wish to go, especially without kids. My husband and I went in '97, '00, '01 and '04 (only 1 day in '04 - in town for a trade show) without kids. We finally took them for the first time in '03 and this past October. We're planning another trip this coming October with them too. It's wonderful both ways. I loved having just my husband and tearing up the parks at our own pace. Someday we'll do that again. I love seeing the joy in my kids' faces too - they love being there as much as my husband and I do. I say, if you can, do it!!!! There may be a time in the not-to-distant future when this is no longer possible.

Besides, did you really expect to get a different reply on this site? :p :animwink:

Have a great trip. Fall at WDW is wonderful. That's our favorite time to visit!

Lee

Adventurer
Weird?
Nah.
My wife and I are in our late 30s with no kids (not now, not ever) and since we moved to Miami we hit the resort at least every 6 weeks or so. Before moving to FL (to be closer) we lived in Tennessee and came down every 3-4 months since about 1990.

:cool:

bobr0001

We have 5 kids, and we always go as a family. Which of course means we can't go as often (every few years or so).

Sure having kids along makes it more complicated, and means you can't do as much, but we always have a great time anyway. We just decide to not get uptight if we can't get to everything.

I always tell myself that family vacation is not about "me", but about the "family".

I'm always a little dissapointed when I see grown adults whining that thier kids are "ruining" thier vacation for them so thier leaving them home next time. It seems so childish to me.

I find that I always have the most fun on vacation when I'm NOT concerned with how much fun I myself am having.

musketeer

SewIn2Disney said:
I'm 22, single, (no kids) and live 2000 miles away. Yet, I'll be going there 5 times in an 18 month span.

Nothing wrong with it!

Just curious, do you go alone or with someone else?

schachteles

Not odd at all especially since you are going for such short periods of time.

My husband and I have two kids (girls ages 1 and 4) and we were just there from April 19th to the 29th and we head back on May 20th till the 29th!

ENJOY it when you can!

tink81

I say do whateveer makes you happy! I have to cut myself off after this trip in September because my boyfrined thinks its wierd that we use our vacation days to go to Disney every year. We went to WDW in January 2005 and then to DL later that year in October. He enjoyed it, but I think he thinks it was too much...so we waited to go back to WDW until September of this year. The future looks uncertain for me, but I guess I should look forward to experiencing other things (like a cruise!). I wish I could go at least once a year for the rest of my life, but I don't think it in the cards.

spoiledmarie

I don't think it is odd, my husband and myself are both 33 and we have been 5 times in the past 18 months, we went in November 04, Feb 05,July 05,Oct 05, Feb 06, two of those times we went alone. We just booked our next trip for this September and are going for 10 days alone. We also have no kids.
Now we have been with family and children and it is fun to go as a group, but we have a blast when it is just the 2 of us!! We are total Disney nuts as well and can't wait for the next time we go back. I love that when you are there, nothing else matters and you can become a kid again!
Friends of ours and some family members don't get it when we say we are going back again, they think that we are crazy for wanting to go to Disney World so much, and always tell us to go somewhere else. But we enjoy Disney and always have such a great time when we are there. This next trip in September we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary and couldn't even dream of being anywhere else in the world!! Do what makes you happy and have a great time!
:)

jojoyner55

Geez you all make me feel so old...:brick:
Wierd - no. I'm 52 (sigh) and I have been twice this year already and am planning on a September trip for the third time (really the best time - light crowds). My trips have been solo because neither my wife or my 19 year old son are Disney nuts, which I definately am!:hammer: Go for it!:sohappy:

Tim G

jojoyner55 said:
Geez you all make me feel so old...:brick:
Wierd - no. I'm 52 (sigh) and I have been twice this year already and am planning on a September trip for the third time (really the best time - light crowds). My trips have been solo because neither my wife or my 19 year old son are Disney nuts, which I definately am!:hammer: Go for it!:sohappy:
Here's some heads up!!! I'm 56...

Laura

Premium Member
Big-Bad-Dave said:

Ummm I went in September for 11 days, November for 6 days, January for 8 days, March for 4 days, and May for 8 days (got home today). So if you're weird then I'm REALLY weird. :lol:

kennygman77

Odd?

I think it is so strange that you should offer one of those outings to me as a gift for helping you out. :sohappy: Have fun and you'll enjoy the parks in a different way when you do have kids. That's where the magic is found...in the eyes of a child.

SewIn2Disney

musketeer said:
Just curious, do you go alone or with someone else?

Nope, with others. I've been with three different friends on two different trips, and my family the other times. I'm also going as the color guard instructor with my color guard next May for Magic Music Days.

I'd LOVE to go alone.....ahh the possibilities.:)

DisneyPhD

DH and I went often before we had kids (once a year for a week.) After kids we started going more often (mostly becuase we bought DVC and AP's) AP are so darn adictive it just keeps calling you back. The most we have gone is 3 times in one year, but for a week or over each trip, (total of 24 days in the parks on year.)

Have a great time and enjoy yourself. I stopped careing what others thought at long time ago.

However this Sept might not be so "dead" because free dining is then and many people are going for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom