3rd Gate at DLP

Robbiem

I feel like Disney doesn't have a solid idea for a whole theme park outside of the ones built. I'm sure they've tossed around lots of ideas and much better ones than we ever could think of on our own but I can't imagine what it would possibly be. They have the castle parks, studios parks, animals park, and Epcot and DisneySea which are very unique.

They could potentially build an Animal Kingdom style park but without the real animals so I don't know if that would make sense. Everything else would make sense (Pandora, the rides, the shows) but I don't know how successful it would be without the safari.

Epcot would be really cool, especially if they took ideas from Westcot. And DisneySea would probably work. But I don't know about a fully new idea.
I agree an animal kingdom without the safaris wouldn’t be very good. Epcot /westcot would be a good fit for Paris..

Another concept which could work in europe would be the old Disneys America concept but with more IP and less edutainment theme lands to different locations and times in the US - gold rush California, 1900s new york, jazz age New Orleans, 1950s route 66, colonial New England etc Kind of DCa with some bits of Disneysea and the stateside castle parks

J4546

Id rather they go full on midievil with the theme. I mean europe is the land of castle and dragons, ancient greece and rome, so why not go big with that? Do something euro themed for the entire park.

LittleMerman

I agree an animal kingdom without the safaris wouldn’t be very good. Epcot /westcot would be a good fit for Paris..

Another concept which could work in europe would be the old Disneys America concept but with more IP and less edutainment theme lands to different locations and times in the US - gold rush California, 1900s new york, jazz age New Orleans, 1950s route 66, colonial New England etc Kind of DCa with some bits of Disneysea and the stateside castle parks
I do think there's a lot they could do with an Animal Kingdom without the safari and jungle trek. Everything else would basically work and they could add the rumored Jungle Book attraction and there are plenty of other animal-based IPs (Zootopia, etc.) but who knows.

And I like your idea of Disney's America, kind of forgot about that one (although I shouldn't bc I live in Virginia lol). I wonder if it would be successful in Paris though. Weren't they upset that an American park was building there to begin with? They might reject the idea of "America" especially for entertainment. But I do wish they would build that somewhere!

I do think there's a lot they could do with an Animal Kingdom without the safari and jungle trek. Everything else would basically work and they could add the rumored Jungle Book attraction and there are plenty of other animal-based IPs (Zootopia, etc.) but who knows.

And I like your idea of Disney's America, kind of forgot about that one (although I shouldn't bc I live in Virginia lol). I wonder if it would be successful in Paris though. Weren't they upset that an American park was building there to begin with? They might reject the idea of "America" especially for entertainment. But I do wish they would build that somewhere!
If you're interested in theme park history look up Freedomland USA. It was a full size theme park built in the Bronx based on American history and geography. The founder had worked on Disneyland. Word on the street is that some unnamed larger theme park company kept causing accidents there.

fradz

Oooof, for the first time, hard disagree with you. As J4546 said, Europe has a very rich history, along with myths and legends. To join the animal kingdom and this idea, Beastly Kingdom of some sort would be a massive hit. But shoving American history in European throats is not trendy anymore, at all. There's been a shift of image in the last few years about America, and even in 1992 it was kind of an issue

Robbiem

Oooof, for the first time, hard disagree with you. As J4546 said, Europe has a very rich history, along with myths and legends. To join the animal kingdom and this idea, Beastly Kingdom of some sort would be a massive hit. But shoving American history in European throats is not trendy anymore, at all. There's been a shift of image in the last few years about America, and even in 1992 it was kind of an issue
I agree an American themed park is probably a non starter now for a whole host of reasons but I still think the idea would work better internationally than it would domestically. I remember when Euro Disney opened. Most of the media was based around how Europeans didn’t want copies of European buildings etc ‘as they have the real thing’. From what I remember reading the resort was purposely designed with an American theme to all the resorts and entertainment center so an American celebration park would have fit well with whats already there but we all know what people thought of that when it opened.

I do love the idea of a myths and legends based park though and this could be a great fit for Europe. If you used international themes (arabian, ancient Japan, India, pre Columbian South America) as well as European (greek myths, King Arthur, vikings etc) you could build a Disneysea/ World Showcase/ Animal Kingdom mix which would be really interesting

To be honest to European elites Disney will never build a park which they would like, it will either be too much American Imperialism or too much appropriation of other cultures so whatever they do will be criticise. What Disney need to do is appeal to its European fans and not try to curry favour with groups who will always look down their noses at them

LittleMerman

After thinking about it, they could build Animal Kingdom in Paris but without the safari or jungle trek:

Maui Island (instead of Discovery Island):
- lifesize Te Fiti as the icon
- Enchanted Tiki Room inside Te Fiti
- Moana's Tropical Hideaway similar to Anaheim

Pandora - The World of Avatar

Asia (maybe could include Mystic Manor and/or Sinbad's Storybook Adventure?)

The Seas
- aquarium like Epcot
- Nemo show from AK

Zootopia (from Shanghai)

South & Latin America (Coco & Jungle Cruise attractions)

Beastly Kingdom

if they wanted to do a Fantasy Springs type of IP land collection they could do something like Enchanted Forrest and have dark rides from all kinds of animal-related movies

Last edited:

Toni25

Japan is worth the trip, not just for TDS! Trust me, as soon as I come back I'm planning the next trip! Plus the third gate in Paris is not tomorrow 😂😭
Not in this economy...who is gonna pay that 12+ hour airfare + retour ?
I think waiting is a better option at the moment 😅

TomboyJanet

I know what they'll do they'll make some hodge podge patchwork park and call it "Disney XTREME!!!!" or something lame like that and It will be just loud and disorganized and full of bad color schemes and hokey tie ins and ughhhhhh.... It's like drinking a glass of sandpaper

cookiee_munster

I say make beastly kingdoms an entire park. Take european folklore and build lands around a central castle (BatB castle) You got midievil castle/dragons land, nordic viking land, scottish/irish loch ness land, etc.....
I dont hate this idea, although it does seem like a larger version of fantasyland (the Paris version anyway) but it could work. :)

Robbiem

I say make beastly kingdoms an entire park. Take european folklore and build lands around a central castle (BatB castle) You got midievil castle/dragons land, nordic viking land, scottish/irish loch ness land, etc.....
I’ve always thought a myths and legends park would be great but I’d expand the scope beyond Europe. It would be fun to see a Japanese samurai era or incan land for example alongside European legends

DfromATX

I thought Marvel was a for sure thing? Is it not? I could have sworn I saw a video about it.
Never mind... I see it's an Avengers campus addition to the studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom