3D Preshow Feature at E.E.?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is the pic....

100_1394.JPG

She is wearing sunglasses, so I do not think we can realistically say they are sun, or safety glasses, as I saw no other CM or personell in that area with safety glasses. To me they are clearly 3D glasses. Related to EE or not is another story.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They look kinda like boxy glasses to me.. I wear glasses, and when i'm dumb and don't remember to bring a case that fits in my pocket, they end up in my hand while i wear my sunglasses outdoors.

This is actually how i lost my pair of prescription sun glasses a few weeks ago - I took off my sunglasses indoors at Electric Umbrella, put on my nomrla glasses that were in my hand and let the sunglasses sit in my hand, which i left on the table after eating - quite possibly threw them out with the tray :p

artvandelay

mousermerf said:
This is actually how i lost my pair of prescription sun glasses a few weeks ago - I took off my sunglasses indoors at Electric Umbrella, put on my nomrla glasses that were in my hand and let the sunglasses sit in my hand, which i left on the table after eating - quite possibly threw them out with the tray :p

Or maybe the woman in the picture has your glassess?

The_CEO

I saw that lady a few days ago..

Oh and for those of you who love detail, next time you visit EE.. Look up at the summit, and you will notice every once and awhile some " snow " gets blown off the top.. It's really smoke though.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
The_CEO said:
I saw that lady a few days ago..

Oh and for those of you who love detail, next time you visit EE.. Look up at the summit, and you will notice every once and awhile some " snow " gets blown off the top.. It's really smoke though.

I had heard about that effect and that it was going to be a part of the attraction, but never saw it while I was there. When did it start?

1disneydood

The_CEO said:

But snow falls and smoke rises? How can they pull off smoke for snow? :confused:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
1disneydood said:
But snow falls and smoke rises? How can they pull off smoke for snow? :confused:
The peaks of everest and most mountains for that matter, have winds that blow snow over the tops, giving it a shearing effect. Watch Vertical Limit and you will see what we are talking about.

Centrifugeer

hakunamatata said:
The peaks of everest and most mountains for that matter, have winds that blow snow over the tops, giving it a shearing effect. Watch Vertical Limit and you will see what we are talking about.
I think he's speaking realistically instead of the simulation aspect. Smoke normally tends to rise.

Actually it's not smoke but something more...natural, something that would normally sink in air. Also, like I said earlier in the thread, the Imagineers tend to avoid smoke generators.

brkgnews

Centrifugeer said:
I think he's speaking realistically instead of the simulation aspect. Smoke normally tends to rise.

Actually it's not smoke but something more...natural, something that would normally sink in air. Also, like I said earlier in the thread, the Imagineers tend to avoid smoke generators.
Maybe a variant of the stuff they use in MVMCP?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Centrifugeer said:

Probably dry ice submerged in warm water.

1disneydood

hakunamatata said:
Probably dry ice submerged in warm water.

I would suspect they'd use a fog machine, rather than dry ice. Dry ice has to be constantly replaced, water changed, all day long. I use dry ice at halloween parties and spend 25% of my time fooling with it to make it work right.

As far as the snowthey use at the MVMCP, I'm not sure but MGM was using soap bubbles for snow a few years ago. We were catching the bubbles.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
1disneydood said:
I would suspect they'd use a fog machine, rather than dry ice. Dry ice has to be constantly replaced, water changed, all day long. I use dry ice at halloween parties and spend 25% of my time fooling with it to make it work right.

As far as the snowthey use at the MVMCP, I'm not sure but MGM was using soap bubbles for snow a few years ago. We were catching the bubbles.

They were soap bubbles this year as well. They were, however, not working very well. The soap bubble snow at MVMCP however, was working well and had a great snow affect.

The_CEO

hakunamatata said:
I had heard about that effect and that it was going to be a part of the attraction, but never saw it while I was there. When did it start?

No clue but when the information lady at the info stand pointed it out I was very quick to smile in how detailed the Imagineers are going on this attraction..

Oh and like someone said earlier, it gets blown up into the air because it is suppose to be like it is gusty up there etc..

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
The_CEO said:
No clue but when the information lady at the info stand pointed it out I was very quick to smile in how detailed the Imagineers are going on this attraction..

Oh and like someone said earlier, it gets blown up into the air because it is suppose to be like it is gusty up there etc..

I know what you are talking about....its not like a puff of smoke bellowing out then falling down the mountain. It has hang time so to speak....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom