3D Preshow Feature at E.E.?

WDWScottieBoy

OK, for those that keep saying they're safety glasses or sunglasses: I was there and they are 3D glasses. I know the difference when I see them.

:wave:

Oh, and animal_king_1990....the ride is 5437 feet long, actually goes 50.78mph, and the drop is 81.35ft.

Now, STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!

EpcotServo

I'm sure they were 3-D glasses. I'm just saying that it is highly doubtful that any part of Everest will have any 3-D elements in it at all.

WDWScottieBoy

animal_king1990 said:
Are you serious or just being sarcastic?

I've sat and talked with Mr. Rohde for hours. I just saw him the other day.

I think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to most things. :animwink:

animal_king1990

WDWScottieBoy said:

Well, thanks for the statistics. 5437 feet is plenty enough for me.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
WDWScottieBoy said:
OK, for those that keep saying they're safety glasses or sunglasses: I was there and they are 3D glasses. I know the difference when I see them.

Oh, and animal_king_1990....the ride is 5437 feet long, actually goes 50.78mph, and the drop is 81.35ft.

I concur. They were 3d glasses

Trufan

WDWScottieBoy said:

You win this thread.

I bet Mr. Rohde was saying something such as "the Yeti is so close to you that you'd think you were wearing a set of these".

(And no, my name isn't Grant - come on Scott, figure out where you asked me that)

imagineer boy

Hey animal king, are you in any way JayDarkKnight's long lost brother? Sure, your obsessed over E:E instead of Indy at MGM, but you're just as annoying...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WDWScottieBoy said:

you think you know ;)

jk Scott. Should I publish my notes from when I interviewed him just after Everest was announced?

Punkss

dumboflyer said:
WHOA, calm down.

ITTBAB is not 4-D because it has effects, and Disney doesn't advertise it as such. DIMENSIONS are measurements, which you're confusing with SENSES. Shows like Philharmagic use more senses than a typical 3-D show: they add touch & smell to sight & sound. The 4th dimension is time, not getting stung by one of Hopper's hornets. So I guess I'll have to concede to you that every 3-D show or movie in the history of the world is actually 4-D, since it can be measured by its time. (Does that make regular movies that I see 3-D then?)

I do know that not everything Universal does is "rubbish." However, some of it is, and Shrek 4-D is definitely "rubbish."

Sorry, wasn't angry or hyper i'm just bored of people rubbishing Universal on here. I think you are correct, we are both getting confused by marketing talk and them taking liberties with science, but surely thats their job otherwise we would have Communism style names "Rollercoaster 1", "Log Flume 3".

Again, sorry.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Punkss said:
Sorry, wasn't angry or hyper i'm just bored of people rubbishing Universal on here. I think you are correct, we are both getting confused by marketing talk and them taking liberties with science, but surely thats their job otherwise we would have Communism style names "Rollercoaster 1", "Log Flume 3".

Again, sorry.
Haha... roller coaster tycoon is communist!

animal_king1990

WDWScottieBoy said:
the ride is 5437 feet long

That's only a bit longer than the Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris which is about 5000 feet long. No wonder people complain about the BTMRR's in North America; ours are only half that length.:lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Trufan said:
You win this thread.

I bet Mr. Rohde was saying something such as "the Yeti is so close to you that you'd think you were wearing a set of these".

(And no, my name isn't Grant - come on Scott, figure out where you asked me that)

Say wha? I'm lost on this one.

I think it's all the studying for finals that's gotten to my head. :brick: :hammer:

NitroStitch

garyhoov said:
While on vacation with your family, not only did you recognize Joe Rhode - a guy who 99.9 % of the population would not recognize if he drew a picture of a the Tree of Life on their cocktail napkin...

Do you think maybe you're spending a little too much time on here? :lol:

Guess I was part of that .1% of the population who recognized him too - and I felt like I was seeing the Beatles in 1964. :lol: Listening to the interview was really cool and definitely a BIG highlight of my trip! :sohappy:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sure glad I did not post that because I saw the 3D glasses that there definately will be this element to the attraction. I was just posting what I saw and to see if there were any others that could confirm. I will post my photo asap but the one WDWScottieboy posted is pretty much the same as mine.

Yes, there could be a number of reasons why this individual had a pair of 3D glasses. They could have fallen from the sky, but I just thought it was interesting that she was holding them there at that place at that time. She could have given them to any CM she saw to return to the "Bug" show, but she was holding them, and continued to do so throughout the entire time she was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom