39-and-and-a-half Inches!

Bagheera

Originally posted by Dwarful
I am not sure...but maybe a CM could answer this one...cant you get your child measured once at City Hall on Mainstreet USA and the child then has a paper bracelet to wear showing that he/she meets a certain height requirement? Or am I totally confusing Theme Parks here? If you can do this it might save some aggravation..you know if the child "officially qualifies" then they wouldn't have to be remeasured at every ride...does anyone know what I am talking about???or am I totally confused??

They have that procedure at Disneyland and DCA. They do not have it at any of the WDW theme parks. They may decide to add it in the future depending on how it does in California, but nothing yet.

As far as how to deal with the height restrictions, from the very beginning, we told our son that he couldn't ride any rides if he wasn't big enough to fit the safety. He knows that, if he doesn't fit, it might not hold him and he might get hurt. When he's too small for something, we state it that "you're not quite tall enough to fit the safety yet. Maybe next trip." Because we state it in those terms, calmly, he takes it in stride and doesn't fuss. Though a number of times in conversation with folks during or after our trip (he loves to talk about all of the rides, especially the ones he can't go on yet), he'll frequently come out with "I'm not big enough to ride that yet. Maybe next time." I'm sure that not all children will be that understanding, but since we've consistently phrased it that way from the beginning, I think it really helped.

Hurricane

Originally posted by instidude
If someone did get hurt, and they were 39.5", a lawsuit would be easily won against Disney.

Actually the parent/gaurdian would be guilty of participatory negligence, expecially since Florida is a joint and severally liable state, in fact if the parents were found partly negligent it is likely that disney would countersue and win, besides Disney wins something like 99.6% of all its lawsuits without cash settlement (thats the figure on Disneyland, dont know what WDW is but I'm sure its similar)

Matandtrav'smom

:eek: I guess I'm in for alot of "baby swapping". I have 4.5 yr. old twins one is right @ 40 maybe just a titch under and the other 39.5 . We were hopping for the"in the shoes" thing too. oh well what can you do I know my shorty's aren't going to grow between now and Monday the 1st. :animwink:

gjpjtj

Originally posted by CamCodey
Hi!

We were at WDW last year with my 39-3/4" son & he was rejected at EVERY ride that had a 40" height restriction!! He cried & cried, but the CM's would not give in.

The up side was that we knew that we were coming back this spring (May 16-23) & he knew he'd definitely get on then.

He's looking forward to Rock'n Roller Coaster & Primieval Whirl!!

I've got some bad news for you.....both Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Primeval Whirl have a 48 inch height requirement. Not 40 inch. (Sorry).:(

Tim G

Well guys... once again there's evidence,

Size DOES matter !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, had to do it...

buy some shoess that he spice girls use to wear. shell be fine then. She probaly will be fine though i think. i haveny gone throught this but some people dont care.

BUZZ BABE 34

i have worked at space mountain before at greeter and have had to turn kids away not meeting the 44' standards. if you cheat on your kid to get them on a ride and they fall out-who are you gonna blame? kids have to be 44' for space because of the lap bar . dont fisk her life for fun if your not sure then wait. there are things in life we all wait for and the rides will be there the next time.:)

CamCodey

Originally posted by gjpjtj
I've got some bad news for you.....both Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Primeval Whirl have a 48 inch height requirement. Not 40 inch. (Sorry).:(

Yes, sorry!

I don't know my own child's height! :lol:

He was actually 47-3/4", not 39-3/4"!! :lol:

Figaro

My 3 year old was 41" when we went in January and he was measured many, many times for each ride (The little has no fear!) There were a few rides, like ToT that he was tall enough for and wanted to go on, but we thought he was a little young for them and wouldn't take him on it.

Anyway.....we asked about the wristbands at Town Hall in MK, they did do a test run of them but decided not to continue them at this time.

suzynstitch

sorry to any of you sneaky people, but i am very strict on the height thing. at space mountain, the lap bars only go down so far and an inch may make a difference. i play it safe and certainly dont want the blame if someone's kid got hurt cause they were too short. if the child is wearing normal sized shoes (not scary spice platforms) and they meet the requirement, that's fine because their feet will touch the floor of the rocket trains. but the whole tippy toes thing...yeah, that's cute for a minute when the kid first walks up, but then the parents keep pushing it and it's not so cute any more. to any parents out there, please use your judgement when it comes to your child's safety. space mountain is nothing to get upset over if your kid can't ride it. we can give them the 'mousernaut' pass and they can come again next year. i have had too many people blow up at me and even some who asked to speak to a manager because their son or daughter couldn't ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom