3500: An Autistic Boy's Ten-Year Romance with Snow White

TuffyCatt

Just finished reading your book - really enjoyed it, and thanks so much for sharing on here that it is available. I was not familiar with Ben's story until the time of the SWSA closing, but when I saw your posts on here at that time, I eagerly read through your blog, and the stories definitely made me tear up. SWSA had never been one of my family's particular favorites, but was a ride we had enjoyed over the years, and reading your story just goes to show what a rich history and impact each and every ride can have. Thank you so much for sharing not only through your blog but through the book as well. You have a wonderful, engaging writing style and it was a wonderful story to read. I'll be interested to hear if Ben enjoys the Mine Cart ride once it opens, but was very happy to read that at the time of writing your book that he liked The Voyage of the Little Mermaid! Best wishes!

828tnt

what a terrific story! thanks for sharing!

I need to find your older posts and read through them- wow!!! very moving!

DDuckFan130

I just finished your book, Ron. I literally couldn't put it down and finished it in less than a day. What a beautiful story. Random, but I definitely felt a soft spot for the areas where you mentioned Ben's schools and his teachers. I mentioned this in another thread, but I feel teachers are destined and meant to teach a certain demographic. I myself teach middle school (which btw I'm sorry to hear of that experience) but my hat goes off to teachers of SPED children. You have to really love what you do and it sounds like Ben has been blessed with wonderful teachers. I also work in a charter school but we have no resources whatsoever for our autistic students. It's a shame but I'm glad you can provide the available resources for Ben.

Anyway I'm finished rambling. I had recommended the book on my Facebook and Instagram before I even read it because I've been following your story since SW1K lol. I have a couple of colleagues with autistic boys and they were excited to check the book out. I'm so happy for all of your accomplishments and wish you and your family continued success. I think I will also be counting down to the "Mine Cart" in 2014 because I can't wait to hear about Ben's experiences!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom