35 things We learned ....

List

Love your list!!
My sons still came with us in their late teens and would wear t-shirts that they would only wear in WDW!!
Daughter-in-law and girl friends have always been good and fitted in. If they don`t want to go on a ride then they diplomatically say they are going to look round the shops or go for a coffee!! I am very lucky!!

heartodisney

Thank you for the "list"....ha ha! There has been many a post about where to recieve water..but this is a first about where you recieved yours at Epcot..this will go on my list! Toy Story Mania...OH LORD! My 4 y.o. DD has been watching these movies for the last couple of weeks everyday..knows the script lines...sings the songs, so this will surely be one of many kodak moments! Pin trading, yes, e-bay is a great place to obtain some to trade..but I am blessed that we have a great friend that lives just outside Orlando and works in Disney at the golf headqurters..she wants to give us some pins she has had for quite awhile, so we will put back some and let DD trade with CM's in the park! Strollers...thank you for this info, we have debated on taking a fold up one (we are driving, so we can "take" some stuff with us), but I will have enough to be carring as it is. We will just grab one if needed. Panchos...I have always taken some with us, but at the times we have gone, we have not used them..not saying we will never use them, just been very lucky! Thanks for your post!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We always encouaged friends to come along, but we did not do everything as a group. Kids often went one place well my wife and me went to somewhere else. Than meet up for lunch, show, etc. That way everyone did what they wanted and we still had alot of family time.

Tomi-Rocket

I bet I would love to come across you and your family at Disney!! You have the same attitude I do and understand about mistakes and problems and knowing the only way to handle it is to go with the flow!

I'm so glad you and your family had such wonderful vacation!! (And I know firsthand the feeling of wanting to go back instantly, too! LOL)

Alison1975

Original Poster
I bet I would love to come across you and your family at Disney!! You have the same attitude I do and understand about mistakes and problems and knowing the only way to handle it is to go with the flow!

I'm so glad you and your family had such wonderful vacation!! (And I know firsthand the feeling of wanting to go back instantly, too! LOL)

Yep..it's sooo not worth getting upset over some of the things I see and read people getting upset over!

Trip

We always encouaged friends to come along, but we did not do everything as a group. Kids often went one place well my wife and me went to somewhere else. Than meet up for lunch, show, etc. That way everyone did what they wanted and we still had alot of family time.

Yes I agree--sometimes you need to split up and give members of your group some space!! Also respect everyone and their likes and dislikes. In a group you know you will never do 100% want you want to do. But the fun of it is to be with people you value.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yes I agree--sometimes you need to split up and give members of your group some space!! Also respect everyone and their likes and dislikes. In a group you know you will never do 100% want you want to do. But the fun of it is to be with people you value.

we split up often.. that so wasnt the issue with our tag along.. the issue was more the fact she's a bit crazy and paranoid and prone to drama..lol

Phonedave

All but #34 for me.

When my kids were younger they ALLWAYS wanted autographs. It was pretty simple. Books open, pens out. Autographs took no more than 10 seconds. They still have the books and at times go through them to see how the different characters sign. They especially like the way Donald Duck crosses out the picture of Mickey in certain books.

I find it funny that a character would write a note to you in the book. Thats what the handlers are there for, to tell you that sort of thing.

-dave

Alison1975

Original Poster
My kids hated the autograph books by the middle of vacation..3 kids and trying to get pictures.. they didn't want to bother with the books..worked for me. There was no handler with the characters at the meals.. not with each character. I was not happy and I did write Disney about it. I get it that kids were rowdy..but it wasn't my kids and it's just not appropriate to do that!

Mansion Butler

1)14)If you don't focus on the “negative” you won't even see it. So much I was preparing for because of the boards were non issue because I just didn't even focus on it ( strollers, tour groups and scooters.. etc)
YES!!!! :sohappy:

23)CM's are people..and like to be treated as such.. be nice to them and they will return the favor.. 12 days and not one unfriendly CM... not one!
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

30)Have a “no tag alongs” rule.. lesson learned.. no girlfriends/boyfriends again..ever!
I have to know more about this. :lol:

31)it's very easy to lose your 5 year old in Pixar Place.. never be certain the other parent has them.. lesson learned..the hard way!
I was in Hollywood studios the other day when a mother was running around looking for her five year old. . .

Mansion Butler

My kids hated the autograph books by the middle of vacation..3 kids and trying to get pictures.. they didn't want to bother with the books..worked for me. There was no handler with the characters at the meals.. not with each character. I was not happy and I did write Disney about it. I get it that kids were rowdy..but it wasn't my kids and it's just not appropriate to do that!
I thought you were joking about the note. That's. . . not cool. . .

PolynesianPrincess

So true, nephew brought his girlfriend last Thanksgiving, it was a nightmare! Never again

My 16 year old cousin brought his gf last Thanksgiving and it was terrible... She was so annoying that by the end of the trip no one wanted to talk to her. They broke up shortly after that (thank goodness!!)

joe80x86

As much as I dislike the autograph books I can't believe a character would write that in the book. I would be beyond ed. I mean it ruins the entire book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom