SirNim

*sniffs*

I love Disney smell-cial effects (special effects... SMELL-cial effects?! Muahaha!! :lol: :drevil: )...

They should make candles outta them or something... :D

Timekeeper

Soaring Over O-town

Since it will be a "soaring over Florida" theme, they should include the smell of corruption.

Okay, sorry, I couldn't resist.:brick:

Timekeeper

EvilMortimer

Account Suspended
It's not Soarin' over Florida. It's Soarin over California. Even the new one at the Land is still Soarin' over California. So forget the corruption, let's add the smell of smog.:lol:

Timekeeper

Soarin' Over Whosawhatsit?

Okay, forgive me for not following all the rumors, but if it's still "Soaring Over California," then why did they reportedly shoot more flying sequence scenes locally (here in Florida)?

Wouldn't it then be flying over both states if they use footage from both states?

I think Soaring Over America would be cool, visiting all the major landmarks in this great country.

Timekeeper

DonaldDuck

Originally posted by Timekeeper
I think Soaring Over America would be cool, visiting all the major landmarks in this great country.

Timekeeper

I definitely agree. It would be great to have the ride feature America. Soarin' Over Florida just wouldn't cut it. (It's a great state, but it might not have enough for its own ride.)

Soarin' Over California sounds good (I have never actually been on it), but people might get confused about it -- Why is there a ride about California here in Florida?:veryconfu

KevinPage

THe new footage shot was supposed to replace the scene at Disneyland at the end,. with the Magic Kingdom here.

No idea how they will explain this though <shrug>

Chris

Originally posted by KevinPage
THe new footage shot was supposed to replace the scene at Disneyland at the end,. with the Magic Kingdom here.

No idea how they will explain this though <shrug>

Not sure they have to explain it. It is a great ride just as it is but I think a little update to the end shoking the MK rather than DL would be cool.

37 Days, 19 Hours, 44 Minutes and 12 Seconds!

General Grizz

If it's at the Land, it should have nothing to do with state boundaries. It should have nothing to do with landmarks. It SHOULD have to do with ecosystems, man's impact on the Land, and different kinds of Land. There's a little plaque out front that cannot be forgotten; it tells us that we're about to enter a pavilion that focuses on man's relationship with the Land and the workings within the land between species (symbiosis). So far, this Soarin' attraction has nothing to do with benefits from the land, or our impact on it.

dizneeboy

With some new narration, I think the movie/ride will fit into the Land with no problem. The scenes don't really "flow" into one another. That is, one minute you are soaring through a canyon over a river, the next minute you are over the orange groves. So, as long as the narration talks about the diversity of the land you are flying over, jumping to a final shot of the Magic Kingdom or even Epcot wouldn't be a big deal at all. Personally, if they are going through the trouble of updating, I'd like to see a flyover of all the Florida parks.

Also, just because EPCOT is in central Florida doesn't mean they should update it soarin' over Florida to not confuse people. Soarin' over California fit perfectly into the DCA theme....soarin over Florida doesn't necessarily lend itself to EPCOT's The Land...you know what I mean ; )

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by DonaldDuck
Soarin' Over California sounds good (I have never actually been on it), but people might get confused about it -- Why is there a ride about California here in Florida?:veryconfu

I doubt anyone will really care :animwink:

bugsbunny

Originally posted by dizneeboy
With some new narration, I think the movie/ride will fit into the Land with no problem.

The DCA version does not have any narration. Or at least the 2 times I rode it, it did not.

Regardless if they show the Soarin Over Cali version, the ride more than will make up for not showing Florida. It was just awesome.

stitch rocks

Originally posted by bugsbunny
The DCA version does not have any narration. Or at least the 2 times I rode it, it did not.

Regardless if they show the Soarin Over Cali version, the ride more than will make up for not showing Florida. It was just awesome.

i totally agree... it;s one of my favorite rides at dca

Lovecraft

Florida could have a themed ride showcasing its countryside (and cityside) every bit as grand as the california one. We don't have mountains and we don't have canyons, but we do have the Keys, the everglades, the rich farmlands, the best oranges in the entire world, pine forests subterrainean caverns, undersea grottos and caverns, beautiful beaches of many kinds,etc. etc.

I would MUCH rather be here than in California and would love to see a soarin' Florida ride.

Plus, the oranges would smell better if they are Florida oranges (rather than those nasty dry not very sweet california-thick-peeled-oranges)

dizneeboy

You are correct. The DCA version does not have narration. Where I said "new narration" I probably should have worded it as just "add narration". I was just saying that some narration should be added to tie it into the land more. Of course, a preshow could accomplish that too.

I also agree that no matter what, its going to be a great addition. I'm getting sick of seeing clones pop up on each coast, but this is one great attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom