300 Million Dollar Budget - EPCOT Rumor

ToTBellHop

Please realize that the average person does not love disney as much as most of us, and therefore most Florida residents do not carry an Annual Pass and do not go to Disney all that often; therefore, they do not care to spend the money on an Annual Pass, no matter how cheap it is. It is these folks that would enjoy just coming by for a nice meal while not really going into the rest of the park and parks that really don't interest them. A lot of locals go to Pleasure Island but don't have Annual Passes; the same applies here. As for the Epcot Wand...guest surveys at the close of the Millennium showed that most guests liked the Wand (myself included)--that's why they spent so much money to change it to say Epcot and that's why it's not going anywhere.

Monorail Lime

Originally posted by kaos
Second monorail station for the international gateway and Boardwalk. Continue the line to DD, and back to Epcot, and that should cost about $300million
I hope not. I think the current monorail teardrop around Future World really enhances Spaceship Earth. Tearing it down and expanding through to the International Gateway would detract from Future World and the World Showcase as well. No one wants to see monorail beamway when they are in Canada or the UK.

I suppose they could have both sides of the beam pass Spaceship Earth on the west side and go behind JIYI, Canada, UK, and Millennium Village to meet International Gateway. That would be quite expensive though since they’d have to convert all the backstage areas behind those places into guest areas.

Cosmo

I'd have to disagree with part of that statement. I go to Epcot for dinner because i am a huge disney fan. Friends of mine who aren't disney fans go to any one of a multitude of fabulous restaurants in Orlando (and/or nearby tampa) rather than deal with disney (their words, not mine). I don't think these people would go to an Epcot restaurant even at a reduced park entrance fee unless of course they were big disney fans, in which case they probably would just go ahead and buy an annual/seasonal pass. If you don't like disney and dealing with the crowds/parking/atmosphere (there are some people out there who DON'T Like it!!!) then a reduced fee would make no difference, they're not going to go. If you're a huge fan and close enough to go for dinner/meals then you're just going to be better off buying a seasonal pass or even better, an annual pass (which includes parking).

pheneix

>>>guest surveys at the close of the Millennium showed that most guests liked the Wand<<<

Yes, those are the same serveys that showed that DCA has a higher guest approval rating than Epcot, Animal Kingdom and the Disney/MGM-Studios. ;)

TravisMT81

I was just going to post something simliar Cosmo. I totally agree there are so many more restaurants in the Orlando area that are just as nice or better and not to mention cheaper that are more convienent than at Epcot. And the parking lot is right in front of the entrance LOL.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by pheneix
Yes, those are the same serveys that showed that DCA has a higher guest approval rating than Epcot, Animal Kingdom and the Disney/MGM-Studios. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true (which I am sure is. Never doubt pheineix!). I havent talked to anyone that has gone to DCA yet (actually, I usually don't start conversations with people about theme parks very often), but looking from an average guest's point of view, they might like DCA just fine. I mean, its basically composed of some of the most popular atttractions at WDW (Muppets, Millionaire, its Tough to BE A Bug). I do know that most people are not as picky as us Disney, theme park fans about things like the Sorcerer's Hat in MGM, the epcot wand, and "good theming" in the parks. They mostly like to see nice things and go on rides. Carnival type rides or not, I doubt that guests, especially those who dont know what to expect from Disney, really care. Not that I am saying the park doesn't need improving (I am going there this fall, so I'll decide myself), but I just don't think average guests do,and these are the people who probably get surveyed the most.

I think I just talked too long and I drifted from the thread. Sorry bout that. :D

pheneix

>>>looking from an average guest's point of view, they might like DCA just fine<<<

It was actually more of a case of the servey being slanted. Unless Disney differed from their normal course of action the serveys were loaded with so much "magic" that no one could say they didn't like the park. I remember taking a servey about JIYI and to sum it up they basically asked "Would you rather have us change this ride or kill a cute puppy?" I so ed off after riding it that I sacrificed the puppy and filed another complaint at guest services on my way out that afternoon.

A much more accurate summary of DCA's popularity is it's attendance, which is down by like 16% year-to-date.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>looking from an average guest's point of view, they might like DCA just fine<<<

It was actually more of a case of the servey being slanted. Unless Disney differed from their normal course of action the serveys were loaded with so much "magic" that no one could say they didn't like the park. I remember taking a servey about JIYI and to sum it up they basically asked "Would you rather have us change this ride or kill a cute puppy?" I so ed off after riding it that I sacrificed the puppy and filed another complaint at guest services on my way out that afternoon.

A much more accurate summary of DCA's popularity is it's attendance, which is down by like 16% year-to-date.

Have you been to Six Flags parks lately? Disney is doing much better than they are...Six Flags parks are empty which explains the drastic cuts in capital expenditures that PKS announced for next year (the budget they gave will pretty much pay for no new attractions). Disney is doing fine by industry standards--not even trying to say Cali Adventure is a success, but it's also not a failure

pheneix

>>>Have you been to Six Flags parks lately?<<<

Yep. I posted a message here a while back explaining how SF was the worst thing that ever happened to Kentucky Kingdom.

>>>Six Flags parks are empty<<<

That should send a loud and clear message to Premier ("You suck!").

>>>Disney is doing fine by industry standards<<<

That's is because the industry's standards are very low.

TravisMT81

I would really never compare Disney to Six Flags standards to make Disney look better. Anything against SF looks better :lol:

JTinCT

I talked with a CM in Italy and he told me that there's rumors of a new country being put where the old Millenium Village is... he said they tried getting Australia, but the government over there didnt want to sponsor it. He said they are most likely putting Spain... ANOTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY!! :mad: grrrr... how about something from South America or beg and plead with Australia!!

TURKEY

Originally posted by JTinCT
I talked with a CM in Italy and he told me that there's rumors of a new country being put where the old Millenium Village is... he said they tried getting Australia, but the government over there didnt want to sponsor it. He said they are most likely putting Spain... ANOTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY!! :mad: grrrr... how about something from South America or beg and plead with Australia!!

Just so you know, most regular CM don't know anything and lots of what they say are just B.S. that is made up.

The cast members in the countries (other than U.S. and they aren't very good) really are less acurate than most other CM. Italy has lots of B.S. artists. You won't believe some of the things that I heard from the CM there.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by GenerationX
Well, if they're going to go with another European country, it should be Andorra or Liechtenstein.

hmm..I am afrqaid dont know those! How about Sweeden or Ireland?

adr315

Originally posted by GenerationX
Well, if they're going to go with another European country, it should be Andorra or Liechtenstein.

Yeah, their pavillion would probably be bigger than the country itself :lol:

Dizneydude87

Originally posted by Cosmo
There was an "after 4" pass that was availble (i believe) only to Florida residents. I know it was in place during 1995, but it wasn't half price. If i remember correctly it was only $4. (4 after 4). I used it once but then got wise and bought an FL Res. Annual Pass.

They still have an Epcot after 4 AP. It is $99.00. My parents have it, and go just to eat dinner. I have a regular AP, so I usualy go w/ them. They eat, I hurry up and eat, skip desert, and ride while they eat desert and watch Illuminations. They don't advertise that pass that much, but if you call and ask, Im sure they will give details. I don't remember it being $4, but that would be cool. Im pretty sure that they are still selling them... I KNOW they were as of 6 months ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom