3-25-06 MK Park Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

basas

When do the Main St vehicles usually run? I haven't seen them in quite awhile. I thought perhaps they had gone seasonally...but then i thought they didn't use them during peak times due to so many people being out on the street...any idea when they usually use them?

I walked over to Space at like 11ish and it had a 60 minute wait so I turned around and walked back over to frontierland area.

At splash it was dead at like 8 and it was nothing for the rest of the time. It was cold and people didnt want to get wet. I still went on it. Got the wetest ive ever gotten on that ride. Stupid water cannons

bgraham34

Thanks for the pics and updates. I love these it makes me feel i was there even if its just seconds.

Incredibles

It's always kinda funny to see people wearing pants and coats while walking around MK. If you're not from FL, you sometimes forget it gets cold there too!

CMALOVESDISNEY

thanks for the pics and updates!
Love seeing the pics, its going to be awhile before we get back there, but the pics never let me forget how much I love it there!

Main Street Jim

Main Street vehicles usually run in the mornings with the trolleys, but if we have a (later) Spectro (9pm or so), and we have time between Flag Retreat and the night parade meetings, some of us will actually run the vehicles in the evening. As for opening the hood *onstage*, as a Main Street Vehicle trainer, I can tell you that is supposed to be a big no-no; I can't tell who that is (the driver), but if I figure it out, I will certainly say something to them. :mad:

Horizons1

Original Poster
Well, I will just add to this topic, no need in starting a new one.

Went to MGM and Epcot today, nothing major to report.

MGM
- Walls up around the NY skyline
- Crowds were not as bad as I figured they would be today, kind of light
- Giant poster up in the back promoting the gy Dog
- Little banners near animation for Chicken Little's release onto DVD
- Did Mama Melrose's for lunch today, that place kicks butt. The food is great and so is the themeing. I recommend you guys try that place. (Ok so I was really hungry...:lol: )

Epcot
- As Peter had posted earlier, work is underway for the F&GF
- Crowds were much heavier at Epcot than at MGM
- WOL looks like a haunted pavilion, no BGM, no lights on the outside. The main lights inside were not on, but the small lights were on, like the flashing sign for Goofy's Health. The fountain was also drained. This is looking like another Horizons.
- MS really had no wait and it looks like the swirl around the Earth is gone now.
- People are using Leave A Legacy alot more, just not the way Disney intended.:lol: The upper portions of the "stones" appear to be dusty and folks are writing in it, leaving names and their hand prints. The best one I saw, was the ever classic "Wash Me". :lol:
- Soarin' had a 40 min. wait tonight so I rode. It didn't seem as good as the last time I rode.

Thats about it for today. Oh, there is a crane over at the Swan. I don't know what they are doing though.

Pics coming up soon or tomorrow. I am beat.

CThaddeus

Speaking of Country Bear Jamboree, which show is playing right now? And does anyone know if the same show will be playing during the first week of May? I'm going with friends who really want to see the original again (here in southern California they played all but the original for the last 10 or so years before they cruelly destroyed it), but I keep fearing it will be the Vacation Hoedown. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Horizons1

Original Poster
Fear not, for it is the one and original CBJ. And the only time it doesnt play is when they are doing the Christmas special.

Horizons1

Original Poster
Alright, starting the day off at MGM

DSC00994.jpg

Walls around NY Skyline..

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

Poster for the gy Dog

DSC01008.jpg

Crowds

DSC01001.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

Studio Catering Co. was open, I havent seen it open in a long time.

DSC01006.jpg

And cause I thought this was cool looking

DSC01018.jpg

More coming up...

Horizons1

Original Poster
Dedication Plaque

DSC01019.jpg

Leaving MGM for Epcot

DSC01091.jpg

Crane at the Swan

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

Crowds at Epcot

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

Looks like the wand finally came down...:lookaroun

DSC01098.jpg

More to come in the morning...

Horizons1

Original Poster
Alright, continuing our trip around Epcot

F&GF preperation

DSC01103.jpg

TK is still recognized here, although I have never heard ours called by the name of Transportarium

DSC01110.jpg

How bout we head East?

DSC01120.jpg

WOL is still listed here...

DSC01122.jpg

But not here.

DSC01125.jpg

WOL looks abandoned and kinda spooky

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

Replanted trees near Energy are starting to grow back

DSC01126.jpg

MS swirly sign no longer working, shame too because it was a cool effect.

DSC01160.jpg

One more coming...

Horizons1

Original Poster
Well we head West to find...Crowds! And where are they all heading you may ask, I will tell you my friends.

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

Well after leaving The Land, we walk over to The Living Seas, still pretty much the same as it has been.

DSC01173.jpg

Walking back towards JIIWF, I got this really cool shot.

DSC01199.jpg

So then as I am leaving, I notice the mural that used to be on the side of SE gone. How long has this been gone and why is it gone?

DSC01208.jpg

And ending with a neato shot of SE.

DSC01210.jpg

Medic2891

Thanks for the update. It is nice to see, things are going well. I am looking forward to my next trip. 4/7 - 4/12. I can't wait.

ICP06

Forgive my ignorance, but what (and/or perhaps... where) exactly is the "swirly sign" effect that Horizons1 is referring to?

Other than that, great pictures! Thanks!
ICP06

CaptainMichael

ICP06 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what (and/or perhaps... where) exactly is the "swirly sign" effect that Horizons1 is referring to?

Other than that, great pictures! Thanks!
ICP06
The planet in the sign slowly rotated.

Sir_Cliff

tirian said:
Although the TK sandwich board sign is new, a similar CM announcement was made nearly a month ago, except that Disney specified that entering the building without proper credentials would result in disciplinary action "including termination." (That's a quote.)

Something's going on in there... :lookaroun

Hmm, maybe the US military has set up another secret base for terrorist suspects away from prying eyes? If they don't talk, it's on It's A Small World from park closing to park opening!

Horizons1

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
The planet in the sign slowly rotated.

Well that, and if you look at the swirl that goes around the Earth, thus the name "swirly sign" :lol:. That used to light up with bright colors. The whole thing seems to have just stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom