2nd showing of Fantasmic bad "show"

Disfan1971

Original Poster
Did anyone else see the 10:00 fantasmic tonight? The dragon looked horrible and something that should never ever happen happened.... 2 mickeys at the same time when Mickey was supposed to disappear at the top of the mountain and the bottom Mickey appear the top Mickey wasn't down when they brought bottom Mickey up. I know it's minor but that's huge to have 2 mickeys for a full second or longer

bakhuizen

it is still a live show - and in live theatre something is bound to happen - yes bad show - preventable - yes - but it still happens. Those seeing Fantasmic for the first time may not have noticed and could have easily thought it was part of the show - kids won't know the difference. It only bugs those of us who have seen it umpteen times - not any different than Lincoln collapsing in his chair at the Hall of Presidents.
Perfection would be nice, but even Mary Poppins was only practically perfect in every way.

Disfan1971

Original Poster
I mean did something specific happen with the dragon or are you saying it looked exactly the same as it does every night?
You could very clearly see the mechanism that raises and lowers it and I don't remember it looking that bad but man it was horrendous

And as for Mickey it ruins the magic even though the magic has long been ruined by many other things. To me the whole show just seemed very "off" it almost seemed as though they didn't care about fantasmic tonight

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
@Disfan1971, it sounds like they had a hole on the casting they weren't able to fill, based on what you said about the snake. The dragon always looks lousy, and the mechanics of the lift that is supposed to take Mickey down are always breaking, though I will say that double-exposure of The Mouse is very unfortunate.
As a general rule, though, the second show is better, based solely on the fact that that OBNOXIOUS preshow duo from the first show is not involved.

Matt_Black

And as for Mickey it ruins the magic even though the magic has long been ruined by many other things. To me the whole show just seemed very "off" it almost seemed as though they didn't care about fantasmic tonight

I don't get how two Mickeys ruins the show. The whole premise of Fantasmic is that he's dreaming and sometimes stuff like being in two places at once happens in dreams.

mm52200

You could very clearly see the mechanism that raises and lowers it and I don't remember it looking that bad but man it was horrendous

As long as I remember the mechanism for the Dragon has always been somewhat visible, but they've recently added even more smoke and changed the lighting so that it's actually hidden more. Also are you talking about Mickey being stuck on the mountain for like several seconds or was there just a slight delay in him being down all the way before the bottom Mickey pops up. There is usually a couple second overlay if you look hard enough for it. As other people have said the snake can be a casting issue last night or I think sometimes depending on the weather it stays stationary but I could be making that part up.

Bairstow

As long as I remember the mechanism for the Dragon has always been somewhat visible, but they've recently added even more smoke and changed the lighting so that it's actually hidden more. Also are you talking about Mickey being stuck on the mountain for like several seconds or was there just a slight delay in him being down all the way before the bottom Mickey pops up. There is usually a couple second overlay if you look hard enough for it. As other people have said the snake can be a casting issue last night or I think sometimes depending on the weather it stays stationary but I could be making that part up.

It does seem weird that the snake performers wouldn't jog around. Maybe they don't do it when the platform is wet, but then it would seem like the Pocahontas sequence would be equally dangerous in the wet.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
There is a way to prevent the double Mickey from happening if the lift isn't working (a sort of "fail safe," if you will). Either that wasn't working either, or Mickey's friend up on the mountain didn't react quickly enough.

BrightImagine

I was at the 10 and my experience was that Fantasmic looked better than it had in years for me. It seemed like every single effect was working. I did notice the snake standing mostly still but it didn't bother me. About Mickey: they may have been in sight together for a split second... it seemed like they were "popping down" and "popping up" at the same time but it just looked like a slightly different magic trick.

I was thrilled with the condition of the show and the work of the performers. Kudos cast!!

CJR

It's sad that a few errors occurred, but it happens. I've seen the show enough to know that it's not normal for it to be that bad.

Still, I would love to see the show get the same love it has been given over in California.

Disfan1971

Original Poster
the mechanism for the dragon was very well lit up it so you could see everything and as for Mickey there was a good second or two with both visible

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom