28 days till iI surprise my wife!!

PanfanAL

Great Job fellow Alabamian. I'll be sure to sign the thread. And believe it or not, we will be there the same time. Maybe we will see you. And I see you are from Tuscaloosa. I am working on my masters from U of A. Roll Tide!!

David

Original Poster
Great Job fellow Alabamian. I'll be sure to sign the thread. And believe it or not, we will be there the same time. Maybe we will see you. And I see you are from Tuscaloosa. I am working on my masters from U of A. Roll Tide!!

Hope to see you down there. Gotta miss the Homecoming game but that time worked best for fall break. RTR!!

PanfanAL

Yeah I will miss Homecoming and Ole Miss. But Disney is worth it. My wife is a teacher, and I work for the school system, so fall break is our best chance!

bigtotoro

I'm going to take a little bit of a different angle than everyone else here. I don't think you should wait until the last day to tell her. Maybe two weeks out would be good. She'll need time to plan and pack and if she's anything like my wife, it'll take at least that long. You're doing a good and beautiful thing (I'm doing the same for my wife), but you might not want to wait. My wife would want to shop for some new clothes and such for the trip, if nothing else. Just my opinion.

David

Original Poster
I'm going to take a little bit of a different angle than everyone else here. I don't think you should wait until the last day to tell her. Maybe two weeks out would be good. She'll need time to plan and pack and if she's anything like my wife, it'll take at least that long. You're doing a good and beautiful thing (I'm doing the same for my wife), but you might not want to wait. My wife would want to shop for some new clothes and such for the trip, if nothing else. Just my opinion.

I had thought about the new clothes angle, but since we just went to the beach a month ago, she had bought some new clothes for that trip. And she will actually help with the packing to make sure I have not missed anything. I'll have everything ironed for her to select from, but just in case, she will have the day before to get something I may have missed.

Pocamahontas

In 28 days, I get to surprise my DW with a trip to WDW for a special birthday present for her. And the wait is killing me! I want to tell her, but I want to wait, too. I've had the trip booked since January, and she does not know anything about it, and will not know until the day before we leave. I need some support from my fellow Disney fans to not tell her for another 27 days. Please help me be strong!!

That is the perfectttt brithday present, and she'll flip out!!
I am sooo excited for you, hang in there! It's worth the wait!

toystoryma

wow i teared up reading it , how awesome, thats the best surprise ever!!!! your wife will be bawling tears of happiness when you tell her!!! Hold on, just a little bit longer.. you made it this far you can do it!!!

and wow, the plans for the day you tell her are SOOOOO sweet!!!!

tkldisney

OMG...you iron?:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: I could only hope.
I awlays pack everything for my DH and he has no idea what I'm packing so I think you'll be ok in packing for her.
This is a great thing you are doing....hold out till it's time to tell her and let us know how it goes....:wave:

MickeyCrazed

Wow... what a great surprise.
DH gave me a surprise party this year, and I was overwhelmed.
I can't imagine how I would feel if he was able to pull off a surprise trip!
Hang in there... it will be worth the wait!

DisneyGigi

DH did this for me for our Anniversary but he wasn't able to keep it a secret, he told me after booking, that's okay though, the thought was wonderful, he knows how much I love WDW and our trip was just perfect! I am sure your wife will be thrilled! :sohappy:

KingStefan

Don't forget to get a birthday button for DW at guest services as soon as you enter the first park you visit, and have her wear it everywhere! She'll get a LOT of extra attention. We were just there for my DW's birthday, and I think most every CM in the park said "Happy Birthday, Liz!" (they put your name on the button)

Among many other things, the barbershop quartet on Main Street brought her up right in front of them and they sang Happy Birthday to her. They started the "how old are you now?" verse and one of them stopped the others and said "wait a minute; you know it isn't polite to ask a lady her age!" So instead, for the second verse, they sang "How much do you weigh? How much do you weigh? Happy Birthday dear Liz, and have a nice day!" The small crowd that had gathered were hysterical!

Here's hoping you have a fabulous time!

Chape19714

Keep the secret! And don't be surprised if you get a phone call from Mickey and Minnie while in the parks. ;) Many Cast members love to do that for celebrating couples.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom