25 Years Ago

Walrus

Original Poster
25 Years ago today John Lennon died. I just wanted to show you guys what I am feeling right now. I remember 25 years ago I was a senior at College and the news came down that John Lennon was shot and killed. I remember people were crying on the street and the only music you could hear was John Lennon and Beatle songs. For the first time in my life I was lost for words. The only thing I could think about at the time was the Beatles would never get back together but I should of thought about his kids Julian and Sean would grow up without a father. Today I sit and ponder why did someone had to kill John Lennon a man of peace. I refuse to name his killer because all he wanted was fame and attention. I hope he rots in his jail cell for the rest of his life. I hope you guys will join me and tell me where were you and when you heard the news that John Lennon was killed. Also there is a John Lennon stamp petition you can sign at http://www.johnlennonstamp.org Here is the lyrics of the greatest song ever in Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

LilDucky

Words are flowing out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

Jai guru deva om

Sounds of laughter shades of life
are ringing through my open mind
exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva

I wasn't even alive 25 years ago, but I love this song.

Uponastar

Twenty five years ago I was a 26 year old mother of two very small little girls. I remember how devastated I was at the news of John's murder. I remember on the Sunday immediately following the incident a local radio station took one hour of its programming and played an uninterrupted stream of mellow music and nature sounds as a peaceful tribute to a man who only hoped for peace. I remember lying quietly on my living room floor with headphones on for one straight hour, just listening to this soothing tribute. It was amazing. John would have liked it.

I wasn't around 25 years ago, as I was am only 17 years old, but I am a huge Beatles fan. They are my all-time favorite band. The local classic rock station has made a tribute to Lennon by playing Beatles and solo Lennon music all day long. I've been listening all day long. It is ashame that a man of peace could die in such cruel fashion. I agree that his name should not be posted as he wanted fame. It is a sad day, yet it is a day that we should celebrate his life and the great music that influenced us all.

wdwishes2005

Connor002 said:
I with you on that.
Let's go point and laugh at the old people.:lookaroun :goodnevil :lookaroun
remember, don't let anyone make fun of you for being young, you get to dance on their grave!.....:lookaroun

Connor002

Nemo14 said:
*pokes Connor with my cane*

Ouch!

:zipit:

Nemo.JPG

:lookaroun

Walrus

Original Poster
Although we never had another John Lennon on the basis of talent who do you think is the the musician closest to another John Lennon? I think Bono of U2 as a humanitarian and all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom