22 January 2003 Site Update: Diamond Horseshoe to close

MKCustodial

This, along with The Rhythm Rascals leaving, is just another sad example of how Disney is seeling its soul for the god of Mo'Money... Talk about killing the magic... :cry:

WDWspider

Originally posted by MKCustodial
This, along with The Rhythm Rascals leaving, is just another sad example of how Disney is seeling its soul for the god of Mo'Money... Talk about killing the magic... :cry:

how long have the Rhythm Rascals been at MK. I just discovered them for the first time this past Nov. and I was thinking that for sure I would see the Horseshoe Saloon Shoe next trip (a mistake I made with Time Keeper also). All these little extras are what make repeat visits so desireable. The more little things they take out the more of the same ole thing each visit. I agree MK, this is a money move on the RR behalf, but as long as the Saloon show is replaced with something good, then I can live with that.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
how long have the Rhythm Rascals been at MK. I just discovered them for the first time this past Nov. and I was thinking that for sure I would see the Horseshoe Saloon Shoe next trip (a mistake I made with Time Keeper also). All these little extras are what make repeat visits so desireable. The more little things they take out the more of the same ole thing each visit. I agree MK, this is a money move on the RR behalf, but as long as the Saloon show is replaced with something good, then I can live with that.

Sure, you're right, as long as they replace it with something. It's just that, lately, they tend to say "we're studying our otpions" and nothing ever comes around as a replacement.

Sherm00

I am going to mis this show, hope they do something in it's place and not leave an empty building. however when we were there in august it did look like it needed an update.

COProgressFan

It really is sad...Diamond Horseshoe was a great show, and it was always full when I visited. It's a real shame, I just hope that it gets replaced with something decent (if it gets replaced at all....).

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by COProgressFan
It really is sad...Diamond Horseshoe was a great show, and it was always full when I visited. It's a real shame, I just hope that it gets replaced with something decent (if it gets replaced at all....).

I also have to say that I never saw it empty there. I first saw it in august and it took me a while to even find a seat. It's a shame it has to go. It was a great break from the heat, and a really good show.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Tapestry, Hunchback

I've been warning all of you about Tapestry for several months now...

as for Hunchback, it was extended 3 years... it was never meant to run till 2002

pheneix

This is a pretty uninformed theory about the future of the venue, but I would bet a lot of money that Disney will be turning it into an upscale restuarant (think California Grill, Mythos, or Napa Rose). The area is so high traffic that an upscale restuarant would probably work in the area.

Of course, they may just keep it open without a show. Who knows, but the fact that the show is being canned isn't very surprising in the grand scheme of things.

Thus another Magic Kingdom tradition bites the dust...

NADisney

Disney never knows whats going to last in the publics eyes until it's gone.Then everyone starts complaining or send emails ,but that still won't bring it back.

ImaginationHost

Originally posted by mktiggerman
I've been warning all of you about Tapestry for several months now...

as for Hunchback, it was extended 3 years... it was never meant to run till 2002

Yea, I know...I just think it reflects the state of things sometimes...

:(

General Grizz

This is indeed very sad. Why such late notice? That's their problem. This is such a jewel. I just don't get it.

Let's hope something good comes in...and not a Woody or Toy Story meet/show. PUH-LEEZE! :rolleyes: :mad: If they pull one of these, they've got it coming.

Goodbye, Diamond Horseshoe. You will be REALLY REALLY missed. :( :cry:

It's just another degration of the Walt Disney Company - and an amandonment of their quality and value. Cheapos. I don't understand them.

I thought the Marching Band was enough...sheesh!! :mad:

meeko_33785

I heard that it may be getting replaced by a character show, but that's just rummor, so I'll believe it when I see it. It's a shame to see it go, but is the entire venue closing or just the show. Will the restaurant be closed as well or is it just the show ending?

As for people saying MK entertainment is worse than ever, I have to disagree. I think it's great. Cinderella's Suprise Celebration is (IMHO) the best show that the park has ever had. There are still plenty of musical groups around the park such as the Dapper Dans, Main Street Philharmonic, and others. The addition of streetmosphere into the park I think is wonderful, especially on Main Street. I love the feeling that Main Street is a living, breathing turn-of-the-century town due to having the actors walking around it. I will miss having the Diamond Horseshoe, but I think MK entertainment still has plenty to offer.

EthylCooper

:cry: This makes me very sad. I've never seen the regular show, but I never miss it at the Xmas or Halloween parties, and the Halloween show is one of my favorite parts of that party. I love seeing the show right before the Boo-to-you parade. Dr. Bill sings the Headless Horseman song and the show ends, then you go outside for the parade and the Headless Horseman gallops through. It upsets me to think I'll be missing it this October.

FLcastmember

As great as this show was, the reservations only show that ran for 20+ years was much better. Now the resteraunt is nothing more then a ice cream shop and how anouing is it that you can just walk in and out during show. Hopefully there is plans to bring this great show back in some sort of newer version.

Mookie

The future of Diamond Horseshoe:

The current show will be removed.
All food & beverage operations will be removed.

The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon building will now host a character meet and greet, possibly the Toy Story characters (at least Woody and Jesse, with Buzz over in Tomorrowland).

It's sad ... although a lot of people complain about the lack of dancing girls, I've always enjoyed the new show every time I've seen it. Hopefully everyone will come to their senses and put a show of some sort in the building along with food at the bar. There are enough character meet and greets all over the park, why do they have to take away attractions to add more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom