WDWFigment

I don't remember much about Shades of Green (it's been almost ten years since I was last there), but from my experience, nothing there was much cheaper than what you'd find on the rest of property.

I do remember getting dinosaur nuggets in my kids meal when we used to go to the poolside bar/restaurant at Shades of Green. Ahh, those were the days!

Bogie66

I can't really remember exact prices at Shades of Green for the Buffet, but they must have been cheaper than the theme parks, because we always made a point to hit breakfast and dinner there as often as possible. The food was pretty good too, not awesome but definitely above average.

Hope that helps a little.

PilotWife

Yeah, but the restaurant/buffets there are certainly cheaper than those of Disney, which is why it is my belief that they are probably not as good, but it will be interesting to try them out to see how they stand. I'll keep everyone posted.

The breakfast buffet is good, the dinner is hit or miss, I think mostly miss. If you like military style food (such as from the officers club) then you will be OK.

Jennifer

goofyfan13

Much like others have said, don't expect a high quality meal at Shades of Green. The food will be decent and cheap, however, I have yet to have a great meal experience on any DoD property.

slappy magoo

IMHO, if anyone can afford to play golf on-property, they shouldn't worry about saving a couple of bucks trying to take advantage of a meal "bargain" meant for people who are/were in the military. If it's open to the public, that's one thing, but if it's not, chalk it up to another miniscule benefit that the people who fight or die for our country's protection (or the whims of our leader) deserve.

csm7030

I concur. This is a benefit for the military personnel that can stay at this resort. Sneaking in to Shades of Green for their buffet is sort like going to a hotel/motel that offers free breakfast to its guests when you are staying somewhere else. What's going to be the next idea, maybe sneaking into a wedding reception over at the Wedding Pavilion? Now that I think of it, the food and beverage would probably be top notch and you couldn't beat the price!

goofyfan13

IMHO, if anyone can afford to play golf on-property, they shouldn't worry about saving a couple of bucks trying to take advantage of a meal "bargain" meant for people who are/were in the military. If it's open to the public, that's one thing, but if it's not, chalk it up to another miniscule benefit that the people who fight or die for our country's protection (or the whims of our leader) deserve.

Hmmm...so I wasn't the only one thinking that. :lookaroun

slappy magoo

Hmmm...so I wasn't the only one thinking that. :lookaroun

Hey, I may be a godless bleeding heart liberal :wave: , but I also happen to think people in the military deserve a whole crap load more than they usually get (certainly more than they're currently getting).

goofyfan13

Hey, I may be a godless bleeding heart liberal :wave: , but I also happen to think people in the military deserve a whole crap load more than they usually get (certainly more than they're currently getting).

Just as I may be a crazy war-mongering neo-con, it's nice when people on opposite sides of the isle can agree on something. :lol:

Kerby626

I have yet to have a great meal experience on any DoD property.

Dude, your AF dont you guys have like a personal chef? J/K...Seriously one of the best meals I've ever eaten was at the New Sanno in Tokyo. It's DoD. Scary though, good Mexican food in Japan.

goofyfan13

Dude, your AF dont you guys have like a personal chef? J/K...Seriously one of the best meals I've ever eaten was at the New Sanno in Tokyo. It's DoD. Scary though, good Mexican food in Japan.

:lol: That is crazy getting good Mexican food in Japan. Really though, food in the AF isn't terrible, it's just not outstanding, you get your moneys worth more or less. I lucked out last summer, I got one of the 2 camps for Field Training that actually had good food. It made me feel bad for my friends that wound up at Ellsworth AFB. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom