2024 Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting Of Shareholders

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yep.. also, interesting thing to note is the heavy usage of House of Mouse footage despite it not being available on Disney + for whatever bizarre reason…
Meaning, They really need to put House of Mouse on the service soon. There’s really no good excuse for it not being there at this point. Well.. maybe the folks in charge and their goals/visions for the company, but it sure is odd considering basically every other series and cartoon of Mickey & Friends is on there.. but I digress.
FYI the main reason why a particular show or movie is not on D+ is due to licensing or streaming rights not being with Disney, which prevents them from putting it on the service. As these rights expire and return to Disney they tend to add them to the service.

For House of Mouse the rumors have been that Amazon currently holds the streaming rights for the show, this was a deal set prior to D+ being released. So once that deal expires then its likely Disney will add it to the service.

TsWade2

FYI the main reason why a particular show or movie is not on D+ is due to licensing or streaming rights not being with Disney, which prevents them from putting it on the service. As these rights expire and return to Disney they tend to add them to the service.

For House of Mouse the rumors have been that Amazon currently holds the streaming rights for the show, this was a deal set prior to D+ being released. So once that deal expires then its likely Disney will add it to the service.
When will that expire?

Inspired Figment

For House of Mouse the rumors have been that Amazon currently holds the streaming rights for the show, this was a deal set prior to D+ being released. So once that deal expires then it’s likely Disney will add it to the service.
That’d certainly make more sense. Though the only problem with this reasoning is.. the show isn’t on Amazon rn as we speak. They’ve got the 2 direct to video holiday movies Mickey’s Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse & Mickey’s House of Villains, but not the actual show itself available. So you’d think the show itself wouldn’t apply in regards to being put on Disney +, but who knows..

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’d certainly make more sense. Though the only problem with this reasoning is.. the show isn’t on Amazon rn as we speak. They’ve got the 2 direct to video holiday movies Mickey’s Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse & Mickey’s House of Villains, but not the actual show itself available. So you’d think the show itself wouldn’t apply in regards to being put on Disney +, but who knows..
If it’s locked up in a contract with another service Disney can’t put it up on D+ even if the other service isn’t using it.

Disney Analyst

We received the email today with the link to vote, submitted our votes.

It say on the proxy sheet we need to register in advance to attend the virtual meeting, but so far not seeing any method to actually register for the meeting on April 3rd, anyone have luck with that yet? Or is the registration page just not up yet?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We received the email today with the link to vote, submitted our votes.

It say on the proxy sheet we need to register in advance to attend the virtual meeting, but so far not seeing any method to actually register for the meeting on April 3rd, anyone have luck with that yet? Or is the registration page just not up yet?
Go here:

But, when I click on the link to register it times out.

TsWade2

I'm sorry, but what if Nelson Peltz gets the board? What will he do to Disney? I've heard a lot've people wanted to vote for Nelson Peltz.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sorry, but what if Nelson Peltz gets the board? What will he do to Disney? I've heard a lot've people wanted to vote for Nelson Peltz.
He would be a loud dissenting voice on a board with none

The reality is he wouldn’t accomplish anything…but he may push for moves that traditionalists don’t like. They wouldn’t succeed though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I suppose. I'm sorry if I get a little obsessed about that. I'm just concerned and confused. But hey, at least I'm not doom and glooming! ;)
The reality is Disney needs an all new board and management. The question is how does it come about?

That is Bob Iger…he can fulfill his promises and proceed with succession (even if it takes awhile)…which is perfectly legit…or avoid it like he has for 10 years.

Disstevefan1

I suppose. I'm sorry if I get a little obsessed about that. I'm just concerned and confused. But hey, at least I'm not doom and glooming! ;)
Pure speculation on my part. TWDC is full of surprises these days. I still think TWDC is too big to fail. There are still too many institutional owners depending on its stock value to be stable over the very long term.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a direct link the Annual Meeting of Shareholders webcast: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/livestream/

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 12.02.52 PM.png

Disstevefan1

Soon this will be over, Iger will take his win, and TWDC can move on.

What's this all mean for specifically WDW going forward? Nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom