2024 Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting Of Shareholders

Stripes

Premium Member
I’m a shareholder and I already voted what is all this “login” stuff. Can’t we just watch the broadcast on the site?
Unless you requested to be at the meeting in advance and received a control number, you won’t be able to actually attend the meeting. Disney has a livestream on their website but, for me it says ”Permission Denied.”

I requested to be at the meeting in advance though so I’m watching it that way.

If you have a control number:
www.virtualshareholdermeeting.com/dis2024

Surferboy567

Unless you requested to be at the meeting in advance and received a control number, you won’t be able to actually attend the meeting. Disney has a livestream on their website but, for me it says ”Permission Denied.”

I requested to be at the meeting in advance though so I’m watching it that way.

If you have a control number:
www.virtualshareholdermeeting.com/dis2024
I’m actually watching the stream on the site right now with the music playing.

Also, yes I do have a control number that’s how I voted.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Soon this will be over, Iger will take his win, and TWDC can move on.

What's this all mean for specifically WDW going forward? Nothing.

So, let's go over this again... why hasn't Disney been investing in the parks?

1. They have. But not at the rate you're satisfied with. Ratatouille, GotG, park entrance infrasctructure, resorts, etc... have been taking place. Also, Disney parks are international, and the international parks have been all getting upgrades and new (mini-)lands.

2. Disney has not be investing as quickly as you like because they couldn't. They were strapped for cash. Why? Because a huge chunk of their profits were from advertising on linear TV/Cable. And that was going to disappear in the Great Cord Cutting. So, they pivoted to streaming. And that became the top priority. More so than the parks or films. If they didn't pivot to streaming, then Disney would have been in a situation of market and stock collapse and ripe for picking by a hostile takeover.

3. Why didn't Disney have the cash?

a) All that investing in infrastructure for streaming​
b) All the content for streaming (while still pumping out content for TV and theaters)​
c) Buying Fox... as part of the streaming strategy to have more content and adult award-winning content​
d) Buying out Hulu... as part of the streaming straegy​
e) COVID -- For two years, instead of generating $6-12B a year in profit, Disney basically broke even. That's about $20B of expected *profit* that did *not* appear. Think of what Disney could have done with $20B if not for the pandemic.​
4. Things will change.

a) all the international park are back to being fully open​
b) streaming will stop being a net loss by the end of this fiscal year​
c) no more big purchases like Fox or Hulu, plus, Disney gets to keep all of Hulu profit, which is a 50% increase​
d) plans are in place to recover from the Great Cord Cutting, such as ESPN going to streaming and the joint venture sports streamer​
e) The $17B for WDW is already coming about with the prep work happening in DAK. And the $60B will be spent (as mentioned above, Disney has committed themselves to Anaheim to spend on the new DLR expansion).​

This has all been mentioned many times. Those who post as if it hadn't.... IDK. Maybe facts don't matter to some people.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From today's proxy statement...

1712163448545.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom