2024 Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting Of Shareholders

Disstevefan1

Did it go back down to $79?
Thanks @MisterPenguin I knew you would come to Iger's rescue.

I am glad you are here to create balance.

Ha, no it did not go to $79, nor is it as high as it was when Chapek was in charge. ;)

My point was, IF the majority of stockholders agreed with Iger, I would expect the stock price to stay level or maybe go up a little, not go down a little.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No

Ha, no it did not go to $79, nor is it as high as it was when Chapek was in charge. ;)

My point was, IF the majority of stockholders agreed with Iger, I would expect the stock price to stay level or maybe go up a little, not go down a little.
Can't spell Mister Penguin without I-G-E-R!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

But 30% didn't agree.

If they all pulled out, the drop would be quite severe.

But that's not where we're at.

Sorcerer Mickey

Anyone else feel Bob is kicking the can down the road knowing he won't be in charge in 2 years to fund any of this stuff?

Dino Land, Beyond Big Thunder, DL's Avatar Land. So tired of concepts with no dates attached to them.
Not even just no dates, but no indication whether these blue sky ideas are intended to come to fruition. Today’s Avatar announcement has a lot of carefully-placed “potentially”’s and “possible”‘s.

freediverdude

Very large. The fact that nobody on the board, including Iger, is resigning is a disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves. The fact is that the vote could have been a lot closer if Disney didn’t leak to the press they were winning.
This is what I was going to say. Over 30% disapproval in a shareholder vote for a large company is virtually unheard of. Eisner's famous shareholders meeting after the save Disney campaign was less than that, about 27-28%, something like that, which resulted in him resigning shortly afterward. Disney is claiming this huge victory, but it was in fact a pretty big loss.

Magic Crush Drop

I made this for the boys on the battleground (inspired by military vet patches).

Attachments

• IMG_20240402_195511_251.jpg
    IMG_20240402_195511_251.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 34

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is what I was going to say. Over 30% disapproval in a shareholder vote for a large company is virtually unheard of. Eisner's famous shareholders meeting after the save Disney campaign was less than that, about 27-28%, something like that, which resulted in him resigning shortly afterward. Disney is claiming this huge victory, but it was in fact a pretty big loss.
Slick Bobby for the win.

Surferboy567

Why didn’t they drop all this news yesterday during the shareholders call? Turns out they did have stuff to drop on us. This investment is starting to look a lot more tangible now. This meeting was held on Tuesday so they definitely knew. Did they not want to take the spotlight off the board re-election?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Why didn’t they drop all this news yesterday during the shareholders call? Turns out they did have stuff to drop on us. This investment is starting to look a lot more tangible now. This meeting was held on Tuesday so they definitely knew. Did they not want to take the spotlight off the board re-election?
Shareholder calls are neither the time, nor the place. The biggest thing during that call was the board vote.

Dranth

Couple of things.

If I remember correctly, Eisner lost 43% of the vote not 20 something.

Also, 30% is high but it is also significantly lower than what Peltz normally gets when he does this. Add in the reporting that he spent a ton of money and it doesn't look great. I wouldn't call it a massive loss personally but, if you combine the cost with the worst defeat Peltz has faced then I can see how people are framing it that way.

Either way, let's hope plans start finalizing and moving through the rest of this year and next.

Last edited:

Stripes

Premium Member
Nelson Peltz is a formidable challenger and this is his biggest loss ever, by a wide margin. 43% of shareholders voted against Eisner directly, not 28%. For context, 94% of shareholders voted for Iger.

This campaign was nowhere near as successful as Save Disney and the shareholders clearly vindicated Iger and the company’s strategy.

Magenta Panther

It will be fun when the house of cards crashes down. Well, not for all.
Iger escaped the flames this time, but if Disney's box office continues to falter, and Universal's Epic Universe makes a dent in WDW's attendance, then what? How soon can the company get rid of him after that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom