2024 Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting Of Shareholders

Disstevefan1

V I C T O R Y ! !
1712169089146.png

peng

Very large. The fact that nobody on the board, including Iger, is resigning is a disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves. The fact is that the vote could have been a lot closer if Disney didn’t leak to the press they were winning.
Peltz was viewed as a joke by the trades, the large investment firms that hold a big chunk of the disney stocks were never going to vote for him as aside from "we should invest more domestically in the parks" he had nothing of value to say. He will 100% be back next year, especially as he's a glorified puppet for Ike Purlmutter at this point.
They have to do something right? I’m pretty nervous myself now. In a large arena at the Honda Center no announcements are not going to go over well. That’s why I feel they have to do something, we even have the dinoland permits so that’s something.
I really hope they do. I'm a pessimist, but they do need to have more than the dinoland stuff. The comments by Iger were really worrying about future investment in WDW and since Universal has been adding stuff in a similar pace, the current offerings won't be enough in the short term and I'm expecting at least a small attendance drop next year.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member

Truly amazing then that Disney reportedly has spent $75M+ on PR for this, when anyone with a heartbeat knew Peltz had no chance. In fact Peltz was probably boosted by the fact Disney so aggressively went after him and put his name out there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Truly amazing then that Disney reportedly has spent $75M+ on PR for this, when anyone with a heartbeat knew Peltz had no chance. In fact Peltz was probably boosted by the fact Disney so aggressively went after him and put his name out there.
It could be that Iger/Board didn't want Peltz's criticisms (as ridiculously vague as they were) to 'stick' in the public's minds.

It's about control of the narrative.

Marc Davis Fan

My dream response to EU is a full new land in each Florida park, united under some big flashy name with a huge PR push, opening all at once.

...especially at The Magic Kingdom - the park that, for better or worse, people will remember as "Disney" and be most inclined to compare/contrast with Universal's offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom