2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

The Michael McDowell signing affects Zane Smith. Zane Smith is currently the driver of the 71 car.

As far as Zane Smith goes, I do have a little bit of information on him. The reason he's with the 71 car this season is due to Spire Motorsports got him on loan from Trackhouse Racing. Also Spire and Trackhouse has an alliance for Zane Smith only.

As far as Zane Smith's future, I have no idea. All it shows is he'll either be at Trackhouse Racing or he got loaned out to another race team on the cup side. As far as Trackhouse, they don't have a 3rd charter for Zane that I'm aware.

wdwfan4ver

Fox sport's 1 NASCAR show, Race Hub will end after June 11th. The show has been around since October 12th, 2009.

As far as Front Row Motorsports, its way too soon to speculate for replacing Michael McDowell. The only thing that is known is at least Love's is staying as a Sponsor for the 34 car. That means, they are going to run 2 cup teams. I know Front Row Motorsports does take chances on young drivers based on their history, but they also could pick up a current cup driver.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced a In Season tournament for 2025 with the winner gets a million dollars. The tournament will not be used for crowning a cup champion. This tournament is only for gaining extra money.

How it works is the following:
  • Seeding races which will take place during the final three races of Prime Video’s coverage of the NASCAR Cup Series.
  • There will be 32 drivers in the tournament.
  • Bracket seeding will be established by best finish in each race over the three races with the tiebreakers determined by the next-best finish, followed by season points position.
  • The Tournament will be happening for the 5 cup races that will be on TNT Sports.
  • Drivers will be eliminated bracket style.

wdwfan4ver

Jimmie Johnson is Joining NBC Sports for Indy 500 pre-race/race coverage and be analyst for 3 NASCAR Races. The three NASCAR races he'll be an analyst for are Coke Zero 400 at Daytona Super Speedway on August 24th, Yellawood 500 from Talladega Speedway on October 6th, and I believe the Phoenix race.

wdwfan4ver

I read information that might be connected to Trackhouse and Zane Smith. Trackhouse is trying to get 1 or 2 more charters. How they are trying is rumored I rather not name organizations till it is announced.

What I will mention is there have rumors about Trackhouse buying a current cup organization or buying charters from a current cup organization. This is likely connected to Zane Smith because Trackhouse has Zane Smith under contract and he can't be loaned to Spire Motorsports for next year.

wdwfan4ver

Kyle Larson made to the final round of qualifying for the Indy 500 with it happening tomorrow. He was 6th in qualifying today.

Indy 500 qualifying is different than What NASCAR has. Indy 500 Qualifying has each car do 4 straight qualifying laps. Your position depends on the average of the 4 laps. Also you can attempt the 4 lap run as many times as you want depending on where you are in line for getting on the track and that means you can wave off times as a result.

I did not see the qualifying on tv because it is on Peacock. As far Kyle Larson goes, his speed happened on his 2nd try at 4 laps. What happen to his first try is Kyle Larson has some type of a fire with the engine and the same thing happened to one of his teammates based on what I read.

wdwfan4ver

I found out something as Kyle's problem in Indycar yesterday, it is not a team problem. The problem Kyle had in Indycar also happened to other Indycar organizations that use Chevy. A total of 6 cars had the same problem is Kyle Larson had

The only catch is it didn't happen to Penske is Indycar yet. Before someone is wondering, Penske does run Chevy in Indycar despite running Fords in NASCAR. Penske has ran Chevy's in Indycar for many years.

As an update for Kyle Larson for Indy, he made it to the final 6 qualifying today with him 5th fastest. The final round for Indy 500 qualifying will happen last today.

wdwfan4ver

Ricky Rudd, Carl Edwards, and Ralph Moody have been selected as members of the 2025 NASCAR hall of fame class.

Ricky Rudd and Carl Edwards were part of the modern era ballot. Harry Gant finished 3rd on the ballot, followed by Jeff Burton Harry Hyde.

Ralph Moody was part of the Pioneer ballot. Finishing second on that ballot was Ray Hendrick.

The winner of the Landmark award is Dr. Dean Sicking. Dr. Dean Sicking is the inventor of the safer barrier.

wdwfan4ver

Ricky Stenhouse jr. has been fined $75,000. Ricky Stenhouse Sr. has been suspended indefinitely.

47 car team member Keith Matthews has been suspended for 4 weeks for fighting and Clint Myrick has been suspended for 8 weeks for fighting. Myrick got 8 weeks instead of 4 weeks due to his hands were on Kyle Busch and also had his hands on NASCAR official.

wdwfan4ver

Kyle Larson finished 18th in the Indy 500.

What happened was Kyle was speeding going to pit road under green flag pit stops. Kyle Larson was in 6th place when the penalty happened. Before the penalty, Kyle Larson was in the top 10 for most of the race before the penalty.

wdwfan4ver

Stewart-Haas racing announced today that they are going to close its NASCAR operation at the end season. Both their Xfinity and cup series teams are all going to close down. Also all their charters are up for sale. The drivers affected are Cole Custer, Riley Herbst, Josh Berry, Ryan Preece, Chase Briscoe, and Noah Gragson.

This is something I heard as a rumor around the time Michael Mcdowell announced he was leaving Front Row Motorsports, but was something I waited for till it was confirmed due to conflict of information. At the time I heard it was only the cup series closed down, or the whole NASCAR operation.

As far as Stewart-Haas racing, I can't say I'm shocked about them closing. There has been a lot of rumors with Stewart-Haas Racing for the last couple years. Also that organization had a huge problem for the last 2 or 3 years with the 2 co-owners. The fact is Tony Stewart hasn't been that interested in NASCAR for a while and Gene Haas is a F1 owner. I know Stewart hasn't been happy with Ford since Ford didn't allow him to hire Kyle Larson.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I know a little about where the Stewart-Haas Racing charters in the cup series are going. I know that Trackhouse has been mentioned for getting a Stewart-Haas charter for Zane Smith ever sense Zane Smith will not be with Spire Motorsports next year. Front Row Motorsports has been mentioned for getting a charter, but no idea on the driver it would be for.

As far as the other 2 charters, I haven't heard anything before today.

As far as where Stewart-Haas Racing drivers go, I heard rumors only before today. The only thing I know is Wood Bros. is not happy with Harrison Burton's performance on the track.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Front Row Motorsports bought a charter for starting 3rd Cup team for 2025. They didn't announce the driver. Keep in mind that Front Row Motorsports now has 2 driver spots open for 2 cup rides. Its safe to say at least 1 of 6 Stewart Haas Racing drivers is going to get a Front Row Motorsports ride with a possibility of a 2nd taking the McDowell ride for next year.

Front Row Motorsports didn't announce who they bought the charter from, but one of Stewart Haas Racing Charters did get sold already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom