2023 could be the downfall Disney

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
I feel that the combination of the new Bob CEO plus Universal opening their new park in 2023 Disney better be on their best game in the next few years otherwise I think their market share will sharply drop. This new article states some very amazing design aspects for the new Universal Park and if they do it right (which I have a feeling they will) it will really be better then a Disney park.

Here’s the article:

Magic Feather

3qcf22.jpg

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
We can only hope Universal can compete with Disney to the point Disney has to lower prices --- wait and see

disney will never lower prices- maybe offer a few more discounts but what we have now pricing wise is what we will have or more.
Disney just needs to expand. The time period they didn’t do much is biting them in the rear end right now I’m afraid especially with the time the spend developing new stuff (years instead of months)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I feel that the combination of the new Bob CEO plus Universal opening their new park in 2023 Disney better be on their best game in the next few years otherwise I think their market share will sharply drop.

Great, my left arm itches so I think that Universal's expansion is risky based on the decline in Comcast's subscriber base.

phillip9698

The problem Universal has is that one of their parks is bordering on awful with a lot of the rides there being a worse copy of something at Islands of Adventure. Plus they desperately need unique dining options. Me and the wife go to Disney some trips just to relax and eat unique items.

BromBones

We can only hope Universal can compete with Disney to the point Disney has to lower prices --- wait and see

Disney will never lower prices. They know that the lemmings will keep paying them no matter how high they get and all Disney has to do is make some small extension of a park with two rides and two places to eat and stores. And then they will make even more money because they continually raise the prices to eat and buy merch in the parks as well.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Disney will never lower prices. They know that the lemmings will keep paying them no matter how high they get and all Disney has to do is make some small extension of a park with two rides and two places to eat and stores. And then they will make even more money because they continually raise the prices to eat and buy merch in the parks as well.

This couldn't be more accurate, especially now that Chapek is at the helm.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's no worries - Disney has a plan to swat this - I heard from a Bus Driver that they are redoing Dinoland with the IP from FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue. There will be 3 Meet and Greets and 4 (yes 4) themed cupcakes.

I heard from a former attraction cast member that this has been reduced to 1 Meet and Greet and 1.5 cupcakes now that Chapek has taken over.

deeevo

I feel that the combination of the new Bob CEO plus Universal opening their new park in 2023 Disney better be on their best game in the next few years otherwise I think their market share will sharply drop. This new article states some very amazing design aspects for the new Universal Park and if they do it right (which I have a feeling they will) it will really be better then a Disney park.

Here’s the article:

I don't think your average family cares about who is CEO at Disney. That's not going to effect their decision if they go to Disney. Disney will always have the market share over Universal just because that is what most kids have grown up with. In my opinion what is going to have an impact is the economy and how that looks in 2023. What Disney should worry about is who they will rely on when it does tank because it will tank at some point and if you keep jacking up prices on everything in a good economy and pi**ing off your hardcore fans even they won't spend the money in a bad economy.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I don't think your average family cares about who is CEO at Disney. That's not going to effect their decision if they go to Disney. Disney will always have the market share over Universal just because that is what most kids have grown up with. In my opinion what is going to have an impact is the economy and how that looks in 2023. What Disney should worry about is who they will rely on when it does tank because it will tank at some point and if you keep jacking up prices on everything in a good economy and pi**ing off your hardcore fans even they won't spend the money in a bad economy.

I think what affects their decision is more that Universal aligns with the "my kids have outgrown Disney's baby rides" market.

jt04

I remember the days people claimed the Pottervilles would send WDW into a spiral.

Epic Universe could end up being equal to a Disney park. Time will tell. But it will only make the tourist industry grow larger and likely will help Disney as opposed to hurting the resort.

Everyone wins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom