2022 NCAA Football is back.......and so are the fans!

Lilofan

It’s the whole pay for play model that has me uneasy. They are paying people to just show up on recruiting trips. It really sucky.
Canes recruit Jaden Harris from GA had car service pick him up at his home take him to the airport ATL-MIA round trip , stay at Ritz Carlton Miami room food drinks provided , met with Manny and coaches, toured the U campus and facilities and got paid. That's incredible. Apparently Fairfield Inn wasn't good enough.

Canes recruit Jaden Harris from GA had car service pick him up at his home take him to the airport ATL-MIA round trip , stay at Ritz Carlton Miami room food drinks provided , met with Manny and coaches, toured the U campus and facilities and got paid. That's incredible. Apparently Fairfield Inn wasn't good enough.
I was born in the wrong era!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster

I was born in the wrong era!

Urban Meyer to Cincinnati....but not until '25

Gee Wilikers....what are they paying him.....must have shown him a GIANT NIL fund to be used to pay players in '25

Remember, most say they don't have a problem with players getting paid.....

Lilofan

Urban Meyer to Cincinnati....but not until '25

Gee Wilikers....what are they paying him.....must have shown him a GIANT NIL fund to be used to pay players in '25

Remember, most say they don't have a problem with players getting paid.....
Urban heart issues must have improved for him to coach again.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Urban heart issues must have improved for him to coach again.
Must have….surprised it was Cincy vs upper level

Many top tier coaches left the NCAA …. Wonder if the CFP expansion will drive premium coaches to lesser jobs, but jobs that have an easier path to CFP birth….ACC and Big12 are the first conferences that come to mind

Lilofan

Many top tier coaches left the NCAA …. Wonder if the CFP expansion will drive premium coaches to lesser jobs, but jobs that have an easier path to CFP birth….ACC and Big12 are the first conferences that come to mind
I recall the coach who got fired from Nebraska Scott Frost came from UCF with a 13-0 season with an easier path to go undefeated compared to teams with tougher schedules ( ie SEC ).

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I recall the coach who got fired from Nebraska Scott Frost came from UCF with a 13-0 season with an easier path to go undefeated compared to teams with tougher schedules ( ie SEC ).
He had a heck of a run...Co-National Champion followed by Co-#2

Lilofan

I remember back in the day when Colt Brennan QB from Hawaii who died a few years ago from drugs led HI to an undefeated season playing against sub quality teams then played Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. HI came down to earth by getting spanked by the Bulldogs in New Orleans. Colt admitted he also smoked a lot of weed before games.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom