News 2022 Disney Parks and Experiences Investor Spotlight Day (3/28/22)

mattpeto

200.gif

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Just checked today (3/28).. here's how DIS is doing since this time last year.

Not sure that nickel & diming, and cutting on quality in the parks is doing Disney any favors.

1648513504395.png

But at least your 5y chart is green.

1648513878974.png

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Is a private, closed door event really the place they’ll announce anything of significance beyond something generic like “we’ll be bringing that back soon” or “that will open later this year”?

castlecake2.0

Is a private, closed door event really the place they’ll announce anything of significance beyond something generic like “we’ll be bringing that back soon” or “that will open later this year”?
If they were holding out on something big it could be announced here with a coordinated parks blog posting at the same time, but doesn’t seem likely

mattpeto

I agree. What do investors want to hear?
  • More revenue streams? (Magicband+, Dining Plan, Genie+ new features?)
  • More efficiency with operating costs?
It's hard to think something huge will come out of this...

ToTBellHop

Opening date for Guardians and the subsequent boom in visitors.
That makes the most sense to me since it also connects to other segments of the company.

Investors don’t really care when Fantasmic returns, but “Our guests are very excited to experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind when it opens on…” along with fluff about how beloved Marvel characters are and how this will drive attendance into the summer, makes sense. Probably some Disney Wish talk, too.

dreday3

So you're saying an opening date for Moana- Journey of Water won't be a boom for visitors?

😬

(seriously, I do wish we had an idea if it will open by spring next year, I'd love to see it)

Surferboy567

I believe that it is likely to see a Guardians date come out of this. In fact, if it isn’t there I’d be slightly worried this isn’t going to open as soon as we think.

If it truly is opening Memorial Day weekend as the accidental tweet said they would probably have to announce it by around this time, end of March into early April.

I’m thinking they would give at least a month’s notice. They would likely have to go though multiple rounds of previews and soft opens.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I believe that it is likely to see a Guardians date come out of this. In fact, if it isn’t there I’d be slightly worried this isn’t going to open as soon as we think.

If it truly is opening Memorial Day weekend as the accidental tweet said they would probably have to announce it by around this time, end of March into early April.

I’m thinking they would give at least a month’s notice. They would likely have to go though multiple rounds of previews and soft opens.
So, that Tweet was Accidental......that's why no one's saying Memorial Weekend anymore.

Surferboy567

So, that Tweet was Accidental......that's why no one's saying Memorial Weekend anymore.
It was accidental but seems like a likely time to open this going off of how far along it looks as well as what insiders are saying.

Partly surprised that previews, or a date haven’t been officially announced yet.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Depends. Do they want to surprise and delight their guests or their investors?

*Most* companies announce major new offerings to investors. Disney has been the odd one by announcing things to fans.

ToTBellHop

Depends. Do they want to surprise and delight their guests or their investors?

*Most* companies announce major new offerings to investors. Disney has been the odd one by announcing things to fans.
I’m picturing a bunch of old men who would be broken by this coaster. Isn’t that why these meetings are between 10am and 2 pm? So they can get all these dudes to bed by 4 pm?

1648564711430.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I was really expecting an announcement at the Shareholder Meeting - seemed the prefect place to do it. I got a little concerned after that didn't happen that there may well be some issues that are pushing it further back.

I'm not really aware of any other good opportunities after today, which would probably mean just a press release announcement for an opening date. Would seem odd if it came down to that.

Surferboy567

I was really expecting an announcement at the Shareholder Meeting - seemed the prefect place to do it. I got a little concerned after that didn't happen that there may well be some issues that are pushing it further back.

I'm not really aware of any other good opportunities after today, which would probably mean just a press release announcement for an opening date. Would seem odd if it came down to that.
Yeah, someone suggested that maybe they could do a random blog post with a “transmission’ from Xandar or the Guardians or something.

In my opinion though, that seems anticlimactic for such a huge attraction. Both for EPCOT and WDW as a whole.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom