News 2021 Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting Of Shareholders

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Q: NYC: Re: D+ which is the best!! What's your cybersecurity to stop piracy?

A: Bob: We have a small army of people who work on anti-piracy. We have definitely invested in that.

brb1006

Iger knowing this is his final shareholders meeting.
26f998b83dd160a20ff7acf98d2ee356.gif

Last edited:

Crunchie9

These shareholders are such ...

"Yeah, let's put a high school dropout cast member on the board of directors because muh diversity."
Actually, It is very good to have front line employees involved in operation decisions. They may not need to be involved in the data, but there is substantial use of their experiences. They know what works, what doesn't, and what short cuts they have created in order to do their job better. Any manager worth their paycheck knows that. Its called the "Whole Person Concept"

It has less to do with diversity as it does with being a cross functional team.

CaptainAmerica

...not the path to fortune and glory anyway, Dr. Jones
You mean you don't Get Rich when you can Enjoy Savings of up to 60%* at Aulani®, A Disney Resort & Spa?

*Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room for stays most nights from 11/1/20 through 3/11/21 (block out dates: 11/23/20 – 11/27/20; 12/22/20 – 1/3/21). Book from 9/25/20 through 3/9/21. Travel must be completed by 3/12/21.

Actually, It is very good to have front line employees involved in operation decisions. They may not need to be involved in the data, but there is substantial use of their experiences. They know what works, what doesn't, and what short cuts they have created in order to do their job better. Any manager worth their paycheck knows that. Its called the "Whole Person Concept"

It has less to do with diversity as it does with being a cross functional team.
Boards of Directors don't make operations decisions.

Brer Oswald

Especially that one guy asking for Disney to fire Kathleen Kennedy and replace her with Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.
I don’t quite understand the scapegoating fans put on certain individuals. For the extremely casual Star Wars fans, it’s Kennedy. For the parks fans, it’s Chapek. I suppose I give Iger too much flack, but I know that him leaving isn’t going to change anything. Disney’s Upper Management has issues at its core. Any individual leaving isn’t going to make a difference because they will just be replaced by someone else in the chain, who’s been taught to do the same.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean you don't Get Rich when you can Enjoy Savings of up to 60%* at Aulani®, A Disney Resort & Spa?

*Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room for stays most nights from 11/1/20 through 3/11/21 (block out dates: 11/23/20 – 11/27/20; 12/22/20 – 1/3/21). Book from 9/25/20 through 3/9/21. Travel must be completed by 3/12/21.

In a word...”no”

Better hurry up, by the way...only got a few days left 😉

CaptainAmerica

I don’t quite understand the scapegoating fans put on certain individuals. For the extremely casual Star Wars fans, it’s Kennedy. For the parks fans, it’s Chapek. I suppose I give Iger too much flack, but I know that him leaving isn’t going to change anything. Disney’s Upper Management has issues at its core. Any individual leaving isn’t going to make a difference because they will just be replaced by someone else in the chain, who’s been taught to do the same.
Kathleen Kennedy does suck though, and Favreau might be a genius in the vein of John Lasseter.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

On the one side: Disney is very “top heavy”...so targeting is more right than you think.

On the other...there’s always a scapegoat that entertainment fans focus on...right or not.

FantasiaMickey2000

I actually appreciated Chapek's response to the right wing question.
Honestly curious, which piece? Gina posted on Twitter comparing what left wing Americans are doing to Nazi Germany and got fired. Pedro has on multiple occasions compared what right wing Americans are doing to Nazi Germany and Disney celebrates him. How does that show integrity and values instead of an overt political bias?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom