News 2020 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

PHOTOS and VIDEO - Voices of Liberty return to EPCOT for the holidays alongside updated cavalcades​

Holidays-Around-the-World-at-Epcot_Full_39941.jpg

techgeek

Once the world returns to a somewhat normal state, would there be a possibility of cavalcades remaining at Epcot?

I think that’s an excellent question, not only for Epcot but for every park. The resources to produce them have largely been drawn from the shuttered meet and greets, so I think the answer is layered in with the question of how meet and greets will evolve in the post-covid world.

Goofnut1980

Has anyone noticed none of the parks are using poinsettias? I thought they grew some of the plants themselves and then outsourced a bunch? thought that was odd not to see them everywhere in all of the pics...

castlecake2.0

Has anyone noticed none of the parks are using poinsettias? I thought they grew some of the plants themselves and then outsourced a bunch? thought that was odd not to see them everywhere in all of the pics...
I’ve noticed that too. I saw some at beach club today, but for the most part they’re missing his year. I think it’s because, like you said, a lot were grown onsite and that department was furloughed most of the year. There’s also a lot of areas that used to be planted with annuals that have been filled in with shrubs, missing hanging baskets etc around the parks and resorts, which I hope will return once things get back to normalish.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Once the world returns to a somewhat normal state, would there be a possibility of cavalcades remaining at Epcot?
While it would be nice, I would think the promenade is too busy and crowded to allow a cavalcade to go through. For now, the cavalcades are the replacement for all the M&Gs, and they'll certainly return.

Giss Neric

Normal state would mean normal crowds. It would be hard to tell guests walking on both directions to move for a cavalcade, especially if these are still surprised and unscheduled ones.

TrainsOfDisney

Normal state would mean normal crowds. It would be hard to tell guests walking on both directions to move for a cavalcade, especially if these are still surprised and unscheduled ones.
Kinda like they do at MK on a regular basis for move it shake it and trolley show?

It’s sad that we are hoping that the cavalcade last in parks that used to have daily parades. :(

JohnD

I think that’s an excellent question, not only for Epcot but for every park. The resources to produce them have largely been drawn from the shuttered meet and greets, so I think the answer is layered in with the question of how meet and greets will evolve in the post-covid world.

I prefer the cavalcades. Great way to see the characters randomly around the parks without awkwardly saying "hi" to them. M&Gs are not my style. A fresh mix of both would be ideal. Families/groups of people can do the M&Gs. I'm content just watching them go by in the cavalcade.

JohnD

PHOTOS and VIDEO - Voices of Liberty return to EPCOT for the holidays alongside updated cavalcades​

Holidays-Around-the-World-at-Epcot_Full_39941.jpg

Some things being swtiched up for COVID aren't all that bad. Like moving Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty to America's Gardens Theater. They get a larger platform (i.e. more exposure) to perform. Guests can properly spread out to enjoy the entertainment.

TTA94

I know the music for the Mickey and Friends Cavalcade is from DCA, which was from I believe TDS at one point lol. Is the DCA/Epcot version around? 🙂

EdnaMode

Passholder and DVC discount now available at select EPCOT Holiday Kitchens​

An 82 cent discount on a Bavarian fondue if you're the right kind of ticket holder, in the right park, at the right time, in front of the right kiosk, paying the right way...kinda Scroogey. I don't know the term for the opposite of nickel and diming, but whatever that term is, this is that.

zengoth

If it wasnt for the big tree and the loud holiday music (interrupted by the “you will comply” announcements), i’d’ve sworn it was still Food & Wine fest. But the effort was there and the CMs were amazing.

TTA94

Two questions, does anyone know what time Mickey’s Christmas Cavalcade runs at Epcot? And secondly where might be a good, low crowded “speaker spot” for recording? Lol. Considering this particular song doesn’t seem to be floating around anywhere.

JohnD

Two questions, does anyone know what time Mickey’s Christmas Cavalcade runs at Epcot? And secondly where might be a good, low crowded “speaker spot” for recording? Lol. Considering this particular song doesn’t seem to be floating around anywhere.

In theory you're not supposed to know in order to promote social distancing so that crowds don't gather. That doesn't mean it doesn't go around WS lagoon at the same time each day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom