News 2020 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays

wdwmagic

Administrator
Original Poster

PHOTOS and VIDEO - Voices of Liberty return to EPCOT for the holidays alongside updated cavalcades​

SplashZander

Advertisement
Once the world returns to a somewhat normal state, would there be a possibility of cavalcades remaining at Epcot?

techgeek

Once the world returns to a somewhat normal state, would there be a possibility of cavalcades remaining at Epcot?

I think that’s an excellent question, not only for Epcot but for every park. The resources to produce them have largely been drawn from the shuttered meet and greets, so I think the answer is layered in with the question of how meet and greets will evolve in the post-covid world.

Goofnut1980

Has anyone noticed none of the parks are using poinsettias? I thought they grew some of the plants themselves and then outsourced a bunch? thought that was odd not to see them everywhere in all of the pics...

castlecake2.0

Has anyone noticed none of the parks are using poinsettias? I thought they grew some of the plants themselves and then outsourced a bunch? thought that was odd not to see them everywhere in all of the pics...
I’ve noticed that too. I saw some at beach club today, but for the most part they’re missing his year. I think it’s because, like you said, a lot were grown onsite and that department was furloughed most of the year. There’s also a lot of areas that used to be planted with annuals that have been filled in with shrubs, missing hanging baskets etc around the parks and resorts, which I hope will return once things get back to normalish.

Giss Neric

Normal state would mean normal crowds. It would be hard to tell guests walking on both directions to move for a cavalcade, especially if these are still surprised and unscheduled ones.

TrainChasers

Normal state would mean normal crowds. It would be hard to tell guests walking on both directions to move for a cavalcade, especially if these are still surprised and unscheduled ones.
Kinda like they do at MK on a regular basis for move it shake it and trolley show?

It’s sad that we are hoping that the cavalcade last in parks that used to have daily parades. :(

JohnD

I think that’s an excellent question, not only for Epcot but for every park. The resources to produce them have largely been drawn from the shuttered meet and greets, so I think the answer is layered in with the question of how meet and greets will evolve in the post-covid world.

I prefer the cavalcades. Great way to see the characters randomly around the parks without awkwardly saying "hi" to them. M&Gs are not my style. A fresh mix of both would be ideal. Families/groups of people can do the M&Gs. I'm content just watching them go by in the cavalcade.

JohnD

PHOTOS and VIDEO - Voices of Liberty return to EPCOT for the holidays alongside updated cavalcades​

Some things being swtiched up for COVID aren't all that bad. Like moving Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty to America's Gardens Theater. They get a larger platform (i.e. more exposure) to perform. Guests can properly spread out to enjoy the entertainment.

mnelson3

I know the music for the Mickey and Friends Cavalcade is from DCA, which was from I believe TDS at one point lol. Is the DCA/Epcot version around? 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom