2020 - Projects & Refurbishments

Mickeyboof

There’s so much debate over the characters... Why is no one outraged the ride itself is absolute defunct crap? It looks like a traveling fair ride. It needs a massive overhaul. It needs to be gutted and refinished. Lighting, scenery, the damn ceiling is offensive in a Disney park. The lame channel of water propped up by lumber, masked by duvetyne is just sad.

This is Disneyland, and this ride really is the thesis to all Disney stands for. It should be respected and held at a pristine standard.

Add that to the 2020 armchair refurbishment list.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
There’s so much debate over the characters... Why is no one outraged the ride itself is absolute defunct crap? It looks like a traveling fair ride. It needs a massive overhaul. It needs to be gutted and refinished. Lighting, scenery, the damn ceiling is offensive in a Disney park. The lame channel of water propped up by lumber, masked by duvetyne is just sad.

This is Disneyland, and this ride really is the thesis to all Disney stands for. It should be respected and held at a pristine standard.

NOW THAT IS THE TEA!!

Phroobar

Small World and the Haunted Mansion always suffer the most damage after their holiday overlays. Small World needs a few month refurb just like the HM is getting next year. The place is literally falling appear. How hard is it to put ceiling tiles back? For that matter how hard is it to change a few lightbulbs in SM's light tunnel?

Nland316

I wish that one day our version of IASW would be able to ditch the non hidden flume, and go with the water extending out to the set pieces like Florida and Tokyo have.

The facade is also in pretty rough shape. I know they repainted it a few years back, but the holiday lights and lack of maintenance really take a toll on it year after year. Would be cool to incorporate permanent lighting like HK to reduce the ongoing damage, or even go with a projection mapping option but it probably wouldn’t be as epic looking as the holiday lights.

mickEblu

I’ve been saying it needs an overhaul for years.

ProjectXBlog

Small World and the Haunted Mansion always suffer the most damage after their holiday overlays. Small World needs a few month refurb just like the HM is getting next year. The place is literally falling appear. How hard is it to put ceiling tiles back? For that matter how hard is it to change a few lightbulbs in SM's light tunnel?
they could also stand to find a way to keep bugs from piling up at the bottom of this guy’s eyes
EA2ED398-CCDB-4DF1-A90F-C6DA6146ACF6.jpeg

mickEblu

When I got off small world yesterday, I was talking to my group about how I wonder how many of the set pieces and figures in the ride are original from the '60s... One person responded "based on the condition everything's in? I'd say quite a bit."

Yikes

I’ve went with a few “Newbies” on different occasions that got off Small World and couldn’t believe it was made in the same time period as Pirates and HM. To be fair I guess people could have had a similar reaction back then. With that said, it hasn’t aged well.

mickEblu

I see there is still no official word on when Indy goes down for the rumored refurb, which has been described by various sites as 'multi-month.' I have been concerned it would be down for my upcoming mid-February trip. But a friend just pointed out something I had forgotten. The Indiana Jones Adventure premiered on March 3, 1995, meaning this coming March 3rd is its 25th anniversary. Maybe I'm off base here, but I have a hard time seeing Indy being down for its 25th birthday. Hopefully (for me) this means a springtime closing.

I think it’ll be open until HM opens in Spring. So you should be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom