2020-Gaming discussion

Underdog

Looking forward to that.

I just purchased OW1 and plan on playing it after I finish the recently upgraded to 4k with ray tracing; Metro Exodus.

Me too! I just picked it up at Target for $20 for my Series X.
I've also been seriously considering Game Pass. If OW1 is there, I'll probably return it. Too much value for $10-$15 to pass up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Me too! I just picked it up at Target for $20 for my Series X.
I've also been seriously considering Game Pass. If OW1 is there, I'll probably return it. Too much value for $10-$15 to pass up.
I keep teetering on getting Game Pass, but I don't really play enough to justify it. Although, the new Bethesda acquisition is really close to pushing me over the edge.

The one thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is that a game can be pulled from Game Pass pretty much whenever MS wants. I like knowing that the games I own, I will conceivably own forever.

Underdog

I keep teetering on getting Game Pass, but I don't really play enough to justify it. Although, the new Bethesda acquisition is really close to pushing me over the edge.

The one thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is that a game can be pulled from Game Pass pretty much whenever MS wants. I like knowing that the games I own, I will conceivably own forever.
I totally agree, but I think they are waiting for their target audience to buy-in. We do it for music, tv, and movies now. If we want those items in a physical edition, we can still buy them that way.
Access to older games and my ability to sale older games are features that I do not want to lose.

The_Jobu

In the market for a new laptop, if I can do some light pc gaming that would be a plus.

How's the build quality/reliability of the Asus brand?

Update: I should add that I haven't bought a pc in over a decade as I've been on Mac, but they've priced me out of the market. So I'm not up to speed on pc companies if I'm missing something obvious.

2nd Update: Well, no point being vague I suppose. This is the model I was thinking of. It's at the peak of my budget. Any feedback for a non-pc guy is welcomed.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Looking forward to that.

I just purchased OW1 and plan on playing it after I finish the recently upgraded to 4k with ray tracing; Metro Exodus.
Outer worlds was really good. If you are a fan of fallouts style, it will definitely be a winner for you. I'm really hoping with the full backing of Microsoft, Obsidian will be able to do something extraordinary with part 2.

The_Jobu

I finally bought my "gaming" laptop. I think this is very apt...

me.jpg

erasure fan1

I'm a bit disappointed that the Kotor remaster is only ps5. My guess is it is a timed exclusive. It's funny that Disney is so blind with this decision. Disney really only cares about money at this point and remake of Kotor is not going to be a system seller. So I would highly doubt the money fronted for exclusivity by sony would be greater than than the money from cross platform. And if it is a timed exclusive, timed exclusives generally don't do near as well on that 2nd release. It just seems a strange move on Disneys part to ignore all that money.

CaptainAmerica

I'm a bit disappointed that the Kotor remaster is only ps5. My guess is it is a timed exclusive. It's funny that Disney is so blind with this decision. Disney really only cares about money at this point and remake of Kotor is not going to be a system seller. So I would highly doubt the money fronted for exclusivity by sony would be greater than than the money from cross platform. And if it is a timed exclusive, timed exclusives generally don't do near as well on that 2nd release. It just seems a strange move on Disneys part to ignore all that money.
Disney had nothing to do with this decision.

Regardless, it's already been confirmed that is a timed exclusive. It will launch on PlayStation and PC, then Xbox later.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Glad to hear it will eventually be on Xbox.

It will be an instabuy as soon as that day rolls around.
I might buy a PS5 just to play it at launch. I've pretty much switched to Nintendo in my Dad years, but I've said the only games that could get me to buy this generation of PS/Xbox would be a new KOTOR (or sufficiently similar), Elder Scrolls VI, or Red Dead Redemption 3.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I might buy a PS5 just to play it at launch. I've pretty much switched to Nintendo in my Dad years, but I've said the only games that could get me to buy this generation of PS/Xbox would be a new KOTOR (or sufficiently similar), Elder Scrolls VI, or Red Dead Redemption 3.
I got the latest Xbox at launch and as much as I would like to replace my PC, that is just not in the cards with component prices being what they are. I will most likely wait until 2023 to do that unless my current PC bites the dust in an unrepairable way.

I am also way behind in my video game playing so waiting a few months is no big deal.

CaptainAmerica

I got the latest Xbox at launch and as much as I would like to replace my PC, that is just not in the cards with component prices being what they are. I will most likely wait until 2023 to do that unless my current PC bites the dust in an unrepairable way.

I am also way behind in my video game playing so waiting a few months is no big deal.
Lenovo makes a competently assembled pre-built if you get desperate. I got a Legion tower with RTX 2080 Super for about $1,300. The card is a generation old and I'm not going to be playing Flight Simulator on 4K at 120 FPS, but it's a lot better than what I had previously (i.e. nothing).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom