2020-Gaming discussion

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I finally got my new Xbox set up last night. About the hardest thing was recalling my passwords to Netflix, Amazon and about 1/2 a dozen other services.

My AV receiver does not support HDMI 2.1 so I can't speak to gaming at 4K with 120 fps, but the upgraded BL3 looked great at 60 fps.

The quick launch feature is quite nice. It is just like the difference between booting up a PC with an SSD vs a traditional platter drive.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I finally got my new Xbox set up last night. About the hardest thing was recalling my passwords to Netflix, Amazon and about 1/2 a dozen other services.

My AV receiver does not support HDMI 2.1 so I can't speak to gaming at 4K with 120 fps, but the upgraded BL3 looked great at 60 fps.

The quick launch feature is quite nice. It is just like the difference between booting up a PC with an SSD vs a traditional platter drive.

Nice! No smoke coming from your Xbox?

Waiting for my PS5 to get here. It says it's on a truck for delivery, but it's been like that for three hours now. I could've driven, picked it up from the truck, drove back home, and set it up by now.

erasure fan1

I was watching some side by side boot times with ps5 and the one x, and series x seems really fast. Significantly better than the others. I'm not super disappointed I didn't get one because the game lineup isn't there yet. If something like Fable was a launch title, I might have been super ticked I didn't get one. Lol

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I was watching some side by side boot times with ps5 and the one x, and series x seems really fast. Significantly better than the others. I'm not super disappointed I didn't get one because the game lineup isn't there yet. If something like Fable was a launch title, I might have been super ticked I didn't get one. Lol

Some of the analysis I've seen has PS5 a tad bit faster except for the quick resume feature. I'm really stoked for experiencing these load times that basically don't exist.

Meanwhile, my package is now across the street. Is it bad practice to just walk up to the UPS truck and demand my package? 🤣

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla and...

If you liked Odyssey and Origins you will like this. If you like vikings and Norse mythology you will like this. A lot. If you like really and I mean really long games you will like this. I've played 10 hours and I'm at 17% complete so I have to figure this will be a 60-70 hour game without any expansions.

If you think you're going to knock this out before Cyberpunk forget it. Or if you're like me and have to finish a game before you start another be prepared, this is a time sink.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Indeed I have seen streamers who have been playing it and have done everything in Norway take 20 odd hrs before they leave what is essentially the starter part of the map.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla and...

If you liked Odyssey and Origins you will like this. If you like vikings and Norse mythology you will like this. A lot. If you like really and I mean really long games you will like this. I've played 10 hours and I'm at 17% complete so I have to figure this will be a 60-70 hour game without any expansions.

If you think you're going to knock this out before Cyberpunk forget it. Or if you're like me and have to finish a game before you start another be prepared, this is a time sink.

Nice. I thought about grabbing it but knew that Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Cyberpunk 2077 (with some NBA 2K21 and Watch Dogs 3) would take up my time for the rest of the year. I'll grab it next year when it goes on sale.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I've gotten a little bit of time with the PS5. Number one, this thing is a beast. You don't hear the machine at all. Also, this thing is massive. At least I know I can knock someone out if they try to break into my office.

The controller is the real star of this thing. The haptic feedback, the pressure on the triggers, all of those things make a significant difference in how you play the game. The graphics are great, but I don't think this is a generation where we see massive changes in graphic fidelity (though, you know, Naughty Dog is out there ready to prove us all wrong), but it's just beautiful to look at.

Astro's Playroom is fun to experience. Miles Morales is every bit as amazing as you would expect it to be. This was a great surprise to come out with not much notice before unveiling it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It still beibeing complained about. It is usually referred to as the "VCR". LOL
Which was a fairly accurate description of its size.

While I have yet to see one in person, the new PS5 looks bigger than a 1st generation laser disc player.

s-l640.jpg

tanc

PS5 launch has been completely horrible. At least I still got an rtx 3070 so I am good for PC gaming. I usually get a PS because I like the exclusives.

erasure fan1

PS5 launch has been completely horrible. At least I still got an rtx 3070 so I am good for PC gaming. I usually get a PS because I like the exclusives.
I guess I have been doing this for so long, since Atari, I think it's pretty normal. I really can't remember a major console launch that hasn't been kinda crummy. There always seems to be issues of some sort. I think my biggest issue with system launches is the artificial demand. All the companies know, it's better to sell out and have ticked off fans. Rather than having enough and having systems sitting around. So keep that supply down so you can say "our system sold out in minutes!" Nintendo is the king at this, but they all do it. So I'm a 9 to 12 months after launch kind of guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom