2020-Gaming discussion

Stripes

So Dualsense or Xbox Wireless? Do you think Microsoft will release a new controller with improved haptics and “adaptive triggers” this generation or will the features not be utilized by most developers?

Personally, I’ve always much preferred the Xbox controller to the Playstation controller. It’s more ergonomic, the triggers are lovely (I pull the triggers all the time just to feel them), and the asymmetrical concave analog sticks with good grips are much better than the symmetrical convex sticks, imho. None of these really change much with the Dualsense, which is why I’m conflicted. On one hand the haptics and triggers I think will provide a very cool experience in games that use it well, on the other I much prefer the design of the Xbox controller when it comes to comfort.

I hope Xbox will integrate these features so I can enjoy the best of both worlds. Microsoft even filed a patent for adaptive triggers in 2017. And I’m sure they could integrate better haptics quite easily. It’s not rocket science or very hard to do. The only problem is compatibility issues.
145895A0-3D94-41ED-AB4A-C9813548257A.jpeg
6317EB27-A60E-44C7-B129-8F5FAD701F5D.jpeg

Also I simply don’t have space in my media cabinet for the PS5. Damn that thing is a chonker.
9850F0D6-2940-488C-BA58-EA83BE3AF177.jpeg

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
So Dualsense or Xbox Wireless? Do you think Microsoft will release a new controller with improved haptics and “adaptive triggers” this generation or will the features not be utilized by most developers?

Personally, I’ve always much preferred the Xbox controller to the Playstation controller. It’s more ergonomic, the triggers are lovely (I pull the triggers all the time just to feel them), and the asymmetrical concave analog sticks with good grips are much better than the symmetrical convex sticks, imho. None of these really change much with the Dualsense, which is why I’m conflicted. On one hand the haptics and triggers I think will provide a very cool experience in games that use it well, on the other I much prefer the design of the Xbox controller when it comes to comfort.

I hope Xbox will integrate these features so I can enjoy the best of both worlds. Microsoft even filed a patent for adaptive triggers in 2017. And I’m sure they could integrate better haptics quite easily. It’s not rocket science or very hard to do. The only problem is compatibility issues.
View attachment 509102View attachment 509103

Also I simply don’t have space in my media cabinet for the PS5. Damn that thing is a chonker.
View attachment 509104
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to feel the two controllers (I have a PS5 coming with an extra controller and I order the new XBox controller for my PC). Everything about the new Dual Sense looks amazing though.

And I have the same concerns about my PS5. It will probably go on its side, but still, that thing is massive. At least I have a spare weapon in the event of a home attack.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
For some reason I've been obsessed with putting as much RGB in my pc case. It started with a couple light strips and now has blown into pure unicorn vomit.

Pretty disappointed with Nvidia and their launches with the 3000 series. Its like they are catering to the bots so people can scalp them. Also a kick to the pants the 3070 at $500 is REALLY on par with the $1200 2080ti. For people who recently bought a 2080ti for full price I feel for you, but take comfort in knowing the real card of choice is the 3080 which is far superior to the 3070 at a $700 price point...Wait what?

Also pretty shocked how the GTX 1080ti still can swing with the new cards. If you got one put a water cooler on it, get the cable to hook it to the motherboard so you can watch temps and let it run at max overclock and you'll have a great 1080p, still the standard btw, for another 7 years.

New consoles? I'm a PS guy so I'll get the PS5 when they get in good supply as I won't pay scalper prices. Just not impressed with launch titles or what I've seen so far.

Ghosts of Tsushima is the game of the year. Almost done with it and I've loved every second. If you like Witcher 3 this is a must play.

Going back to World of Warcraft and noticed on my launcher a ad for Overwatch loot boxes. Like ? I don't think I've played Overwatch is about 6 months and I'm getting lootbox ads for it in my WoW launcher?

My Switch is becoming a dust collector. Still waiting for Metroid.

Going to try God of War after I finish Ghosts, have another month before the new WoW expansion.

Star Wars Squadrons is great. Great gameplay and great story, I loved it. Even better? I sub to the EA Play service, $30 for a year so you get 10 hours of all the new games and thats all you need to beat the single player story line. I finished it in 7 hours. As for the multiplayer, its a no for me. I don't know if there are hacks but people are killing you easy but you can't kill them. Either I suck, possibly, or there is something fishy going on.

I'm taking December and January off to focus back on my Twitch/Youtube channels. Starting to get nice cheques from them now which is nice. I highly recommend you all to start streaming if you game. It takes awhile to build a following but takes absolutely nothing to stream. In fact if you use a console its so much easier to stream than from a PC. Just stay away from politics. In fact just be consistant streaming now is all you need to do, some people just like to watch people play games. I couldn't do it but people really just like to watch.

Hoping you all stay healthy and safe during this pandemic.

tanc

I was able to get an rtx 3070 founders, it's shipped today but I am excited. First major upgrade in like 5 years.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
For some reason I've been obsessed with putting as much RGB in my pc case. It started with a couple light strips and now has blown into pure unicorn vomit.

Pretty disappointed with Nvidia and their launches with the 3000 series. Its like they are catering to the bots so people can scalp them. Also a kick to the pants the 3070 at $500 is REALLY on par with the $1200 2080ti. For people who recently bought a 2080ti for full price I feel for you, but take comfort in knowing the real card of choice is the 3080 which is far superior to the 3070 at a $700 price point...Wait what?

Also pretty shocked how the GTX 1080ti still can swing with the new cards. If you got one put a water cooler on it, get the cable to hook it to the motherboard so you can watch temps and let it run at max overclock and you'll have a great 1080p, still the standard btw, for another 7 years.

New consoles? I'm a PS guy so I'll get the PS5 when they get in good supply as I won't pay scalper prices. Just not impressed with launch titles or what I've seen so far.

Ghosts of Tsushima is the game of the year. Almost done with it and I've loved every second. If you like Witcher 3 this is a must play.

Going back to World of Warcraft and noticed on my launcher a ad for Overwatch loot boxes. Like ***? I don't think I've played Overwatch is about 6 months and I'm getting lootbox ads for it in my WoW launcher?

My Switch is becoming a dust collector. Still waiting for Metroid.

Going to try God of War after I finish Ghosts, have another month before the new WoW expansion.

Star Wars Squadrons is great. Great gameplay and great story, I loved it. Even better? I sub to the EA Play service, $30 for a year so you get 10 hours of all the new games and thats all you need to beat the single player story line. I finished it in 7 hours. As for the multiplayer, its a no for me. I don't know if there are hacks but people are killing you easy but you can't kill them. Either I suck, possibly, or there is something fishy going on.

I'm taking December and January off to focus back on my Twitch/Youtube channels. Starting to get nice cheques from them now which is nice. I highly recommend you all to start streaming if you game. It takes awhile to build a following but takes absolutely nothing to stream. In fact if you use a console its so much easier to stream than from a PC. Just stay away from politics. In fact just be consistant streaming now is all you need to do, some people just like to watch people play games. I couldn't do it but people really just like to watch.

Hoping you all stay healthy and safe during this pandemic.

I did streaming for a few months last year and it was bloody exhausting. Fun, but also exhausting. You've got to stream everyday for a good number of hours usually/

What games to you stream?

Voxel

President of Progress City
Also, my PS5 controller arrived today and this thing feels great in my hands. Can't wait to really experience it in two weeks time.
This. The PS5 controller feels great.. I was honestly shocked in the heft of the controller

^- This. I could not put down Ghost of Tsushima, I really enjoyed the game.

The_Jobu

So my favourite series is finally getting a remaster and a sequel

I'm glad they said remaster and not remake, I dont really trust current Bioware to tweak the story.

erasure fan1

So my favourite series is finally getting a remaster and a sequel

I'm glad they said remaster and not remake, I dont really trust current Bioware to tweak the story.

Man I love mass effect. I can't say I'm surprised to see a remaster. One of my least favorite parts of this modern era of gaming is the over reliance on remasters. That said, this is one I might be interested in. If they include all the DLC I'll probably pick it up. I don't trust EA bioware to tweak the story either. But I wouldnt object to them reaching out to Drew Karpyshyn to make the ending more reflective of the choices you made. Mass effect 1 is still in my top games of all time list. The control hasn't aged all that well, but that story was just fantastic. The sequel part, that was announced a long time ago. I just wish we would get some info as to if they will continue the Andromeda story or start over.

The_Jobu

Man I love mass effect. I can't say I'm surprised to see a remaster. One of my least favorite parts of this modern era of gaming is the over reliance on remasters. That said, this is one I might be interested in. If they include all the DLC I'll probably pick it up. I don't trust EA bioware to tweak the story either. But I wouldnt object to them reaching out to Drew Karpyshyn to make the ending more reflective of the choices you made. Mass effect 1 is still in my top games of all time list. The control hasn't aged all that well, but that story was just fantastic. The sequel part, that was announced a long time ago. I just wish we would get some info as to if they will continue the Andromeda story or start over.

I think I read it comes with all the DLC, except for Mass Effect 1. Seems a bit odd though, so I might be wrong.

Finally I get my waifu in 4k! I hope it restarts online waifu debates, those were good times. Heh.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Really excited for Mass Effect Trilogy. I’ve been wanting to replay it. I can’t wait.

Three more days until I receive my PS5 and I can’t wait. Rest of the year will be playing Miles Morales, Watch Dogs 3, NBA 2K21, and Cyberpunk 2077. It’s going to be a good end to the year.

erasure fan1

Really excited for Mass Effect Trilogy. I’ve been wanting to replay it. I can’t wait.

Three more days until I receive my PS5 and I can’t wait. Rest of the year will be playing Miles Morales, Watch Dogs 3, NBA 2K21, and Cyberpunk 2077. It’s going to be a good end to the year.
I haven't replayed the trilogy since I finished each on their original release. I never picked up the dlc so that is the key for me. I'm hoping it goes into ea access because as a gamepass subscriber on xbox, that will be included soon.

I am looking very forward to cyber punk, as most everyone is. I just hope we don't see more delays. It would be just like 2020 to have it move to next year. Lol

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I haven't replayed the trilogy since I finished each on their original release. I never picked up the dlc so that is the key for me. I'm hoping it goes into ea access because as a gamepass subscriber on xbox, that will be included soon.

I am looking very forward to cyber punk, as most everyone is. I just hope we don't see more delays. It would be just like 2020 to have it move to next year. Lol
I’m surprised they’ve kept it in 2020 considering how many delays they’ve had. To think, we were supposed to be playing it back in April.

erasure fan1

I’m surprised they’ve kept it in 2020 considering how many delays they’ve had. To think, we were supposed to be playing it back in April.
I have personally always been a take the time you need and get it right the first time, kinda guy. So the delay hasn't upset me. Sure I would have loved to been playing it all summer in quarantine. But I have faith in CD project red that the delays were not about problems, but more about polish. If it comes close to Witcher 3, we are all in for a real treat.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I have personally always been a take the time you need and get it right the first time, kinda guy. So the delay hasn't upset me. Sure I would have loved to been playing it all summer in quarantine. But I have faith in CD project red that the delays were not about problems, but more about polish. If it comes close to Witcher 3, we are all in for a real treat.

Same here. However much time they need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom