2020-Gaming discussion

Mike S

So I got Super Mario 3D All Stars and...

Mario 64 is a slight improvement over the original, the graphics are sharper but you can tell its emulated. Its honestly sad for such important and amazing game Nintendo did not put hardly any effort to really giving fans a true update, terribly disappointed on this one.

Mario Sunshine...Well it looks amazing but it still plays like the old game and yeah, I never really cared for this one and this repackage does not convince me otherwise.

Mario Galaxy. This is the true gem in this package. No more shaking the controller, the graphics look incredible and run at 60 fps. I couldn't put this down and in fact I might actually beat this now. In my opinion real quality of life improvements were made here especially compared to the other two games in the package. Some might say otherwise but this repack alone is worth the $60.

Hopefully Nintendo does the same for Zelda and Metroid in the future, there is an obvious market for their classic library.
I’m going through them in order and I’m liking the changes to 64 enough. Just wish it was widescreen. I’ve done 120 stars in all 3 previously and will be doing it again this time. Technically Galaxy is 240 since you do it once as Mario and once as Luigi.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
BREAKING: Microsoft is planning to buy Zenimax/Bethesda, an industry-shaking acquisition that will give Xbox ownership of Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, and more. $7.5 Billion.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
  • Alpha Dog Games (mobile games)
  • Arkane Studios (Dishonored)
  • Arkane Studios Austin
  • Bethesda Game Studios (Fallout 3, Fallout 4)
  • Bethesda Game Studios Austin
  • Bethesda Game Studios Dallas
  • Bethesda Game Studios Montreal
  • Bethesda Softworks
  • id Software (Doom Eternal)
  • MachineGames (modern Wolfenstein series)
  • Roundhouse Studios (Rune II)
  • Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo)
  • ZeniMax Online Studios (Fallout 76)
These are the Studios that MS now own as part of the deal.

Slpy3270

I guess we can kiss Doom and Fallout on PlayStation goodbye.

At least I have a Windows PC, and a lot of Xbox games have PC companions anyway.

erasure fan1

At least I have a Windows PC, and a lot of Xbox games have PC companions anyway.
I'm not so sure until it is said from Microsoft. Minecraft, one of the biggest games ever, is still on everything. Microsoft also let 2 of their best exclusives, cuphead and ori, on switch. I personally think Microsoft should come out ASAP and say, do you want to play fallout, elder scrolls and doom? Pre order your new xbox now! I know they will still do PC but Microsoft should make a point to say the only console to play theses great games, is xbox. Elder scrolls and fallout are system moving exclusives. Microsoft needs to leverage that.

Mike S

I saw some videos that said they may not be exclusive but these games will be on GamePass which is huge in itself. Even if they’re not exclusive there’s confusion that they might be and this confusion comes a day before preorders go up for the XBSX. None of this is a coincidence.

erasure fan1

Oh my.

I’m caught wondering if they’d dare go for the jugular and make Elder Scrolls exclusive.

That is the million dollar question. There are positives for either way. If they make fallout, doom, and elder scrolls exclusive, that is a HUGE blow to Sony for sure. But at the same time, if they put them everywhere, they get a cut of everything. I would wager a guess Microsoft won't say a word for a long time. By not saying anything, most are assuming they will just be on xbox. Why wouldn't they be exclusive, they spent 7.5 billion, in cash. And since none of those games will be out for a long time. They can wait and see what the install base is for ps5 and series x. At that point, make the choice of what is the best business decision.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
With MS honouring the PS5 exclusivity agreement (which they should anyway) it would be much funnier when PS owners boot up the games is says XBOX Studios :p

erasure fan1

With MS honouring the PS5 exclusivity agreement (which they should anyway) it would be much funnier when PS owners boot up the games is says XBOX Studios :p
As far as I can tell, the Microsoft studios logo doesn't show when minecraft starts, only mojang. I don't have a ps4 so I'm only going by youtube. It does seem like a missed opportunity if every game that is being done by a now Microsoft studio, doesn't show the Microsoft studios logo.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, that was 20 minutes of sheer terror.

Best Buy...the entire video game section of web site was crashing and when it did pull up, the Xbox was shown as "coming soon".
Target...crashed when putting into the cart.
Walmart....sold out.
Amazon...would not even pull up in search.
Microsoft...We have a winner! It was slow, but it worked. Looks like it will be at my door on November 10th.

erasure fan1

Best Buy...the entire video game section of web site was crashing and when it did pull up, the Xbox was shown as "coming soon".
Walmart....sold out.
Microsoft...We have a winner! It was slow, but it worked. Looks like it will be at my door on November 10th.
That's awesome, congrats! I wish covid hadn't screwed everything up financially. I don't want the S but the X is a bit too much for me to get this year. The monthly payment deal isn't a bad thing so maybe in the spring if things get back on track. Of course I still have a backlog of 20+ systems to deal with so waiting won't kill me. Lol

Mike S

Anything can happen but this generation is looking like all 3 consoles will win big. Switch has already proven to be a monster and Nintendo says there’s many years ahead and aside from pre-order snaffus nothing has really gone all that wrong with the PS5 or XBSX.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anything can happen but this generation is looking like all 3 consoles will win big. Switch has already proven to be a monster and Nintendo says there’s many years ahead and aside from pre-order snaffus nothing has really gone all that wrong with the PS5 or XBSX.
We can only hope. Three good consoles on the market is only good for us.

Voxel

President of Progress City

Walmart....sold out.
This was me trying to get my PS5 preorder.

Congrats on the success.

Voxel

Has anyone had any luck grabbing a 3080.. I just gave up and purchased an EVGA 2070 super and gonna request a step-up to the 3080.

Voxel

I have not tried myself, but I follow a number of streamers that have and it seems like disappointment across the board.
It's been frustrating. I don't have the ability to refresh all day at work. It's gonna be a pain to send the 2070 away for aweek and wait for the upgrade. but atleast i know i'm on a list and i'll get an email when its my turn.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
We can only hope. Three good consoles on the market is only good for us.

Exactly. Especially if we get another decade out of these (same architecture, obviously mid-cycle upgrades for improved components). Then developers can settle in and really get the most out of everything.

This past generation has been so good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom