2020-Gaming discussion

Mike S

Lm93KRM.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sadly this is the tech industry in general. I've done my share of 60-70 hour weeks in the name of a deadline.
I think every industry has it to some degree.

As an engineer in residential and commercial construction, 70-80 hour weeks were the norm for years before the bubble popped in 2008. Even during a more stable time like today, there are always impossible projects that come up every couple of months that have me pulling 60+ hour weeks.

My wife works for the USPS and she all but lives there between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I think every industry has it to some degree.

As an engineer in residential and commercial construction, 70-80 hour weeks were the norm for years before the bubble popped in 2008. Even during a more stable time like today, there are always impossible projects that come up every couple of months that have me pulling 60+ hour weeks.

My wife works for the USPS and she all but lives there between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Very true.. I only know it from the software/tech side. Any industry with timelines probably have it.. I just want my stable 40.. Luckily this job doesn't care if I take off for a month straight.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Amazon went live and sold out while I was sleep. I was able to get one at Best Buy. I'm kind of surprised the digital one was a full $100 cheaper.

I happened to be on when I got the notification and immediately jumped on it. I'm glad I wasn't asleep just because it looks like it's a mess all around.

There's no way I can justify grabbing the digital one. I've got a lot of physical PS4 games that I look forward to throwing into my PS5 and reaping the benefits.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Amazon went live and sold out while I was sleep. I was able to get one at Best Buy. I'm kind of surprised the digital one was a full $100 cheaper.

The digital Xbox is 100 bucks cheaper as well. But the Xbox is cheaper in general so I'll probably get the Series S.

erasure fan1

So, Sony's shown their hand on the PS5. Anybody in?
I'm not sold, but I've never been a big Playstation guy. I'm just not sold on this next gen as a whole yet. If I had to decide now, I'd say series X is the best choice. Things like game pass and the backwards compatability alone give it an edge for me. But the biggest reason, is the looser effect. Xbox lost what they won with the 360 just as sony had lost what they won with ps2. You can see Microsoft is going all in and that will do nothing but benefit gamers. Generally speaking, the guy who losses steps up big time, while the winner tends to rest on their laurels.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Well it looks like the RTX 3080 lives up to the hype from initial benchmarks. It's also a crap move for Nvidia to make their new cards cheaper and more powerful than their previous flagship $1200 RTX 2080ti.

Even though this new generation is a giant leap over the 2000 series, I think I might sit this one out.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I definitely do want a PS5 at some point, but I'm going to wait until a heavy hitter like Final Fantasy XVI comes out.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
So I got Super Mario 3D All Stars and...

Mario 64 is a slight improvement over the original, the graphics are sharper but you can tell its emulated. Its honestly sad for such important and amazing game Nintendo did not put hardly any effort to really giving fans a true update, terribly disappointed on this one.

Mario Sunshine...Well it looks amazing but it still plays like the old game and yeah, I never really cared for this one and this repackage does not convince me otherwise.

Mario Galaxy. This is the true gem in this package. No more shaking the controller, the graphics look incredible and run at 60 fps. I couldn't put this down and in fact I might actually beat this now. In my opinion real quality of life improvements were made here especially compared to the other two games in the package. Some might say otherwise but this repack alone is worth the $60.

Hopefully Nintendo does the same for Zelda and Metroid in the future, there is an obvious market for their classic library.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom