2020 Dues

correcaminos

Original Poster
You have to opt in to get the condo meetings notices by email. If you don't opt in, they will snail mail them.
Oh trust me I've been opted in for a long time with emails and check the status several times a year. Truly I had no idea if this was new or not. This is literally the only info email I've ever received from DVC

Phonedave

I kinda feel the pay increase is a bit of a scapegoat. I would be very curious to know how they judge how much a DVC owner is responsible for staff that works in not just DCV but the hotel as well. For instance at Boardwalk there has to be a decent amount of crossover.
BTW
"if you've payed your contract off and it's just the dues you're paying, don't pay them" tactic.
What is this tactic? Wouldn't you lose your contract if you stopped paying dues?

There is a formula in place, likely based on something such as number of rooms, or number of guests, or some such other criteria. They use it to beak the costs out. Front desk was $1M and DVC caused 23% of the costs based on formula so they are on the hook for $230,000. It does get audited every year, and hopefully recast every so often.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hmm, so the vast majority of the increase for SSR came from Housekeeping and Transportation. Housekeeping I completely understand, but why should Transportation costs go up $1.5 million in one year?!?!?! From $9,994,302 to $11,546,097 in one year. They don't seem to be adding a huge number of buses, and while the salaries of the bus drivers is being increased, it certainly can't account for that type of increase.

Any one else seeing a huge transportation bump this year? Are all the DVCs pitching in for the Skyliner, even though only Riviera has a stop on it?

nickys

Premium Member
Hmm, so the vast majority of the increase for SSR came from Housekeeping and Transportation. Housekeeping I completely understand, but why should Transportation costs go up $1.5 million in one year?!?!?! From $9,994,302 to $11,546,097 in one year. They don't seem to be adding a huge number of buses, and while the salaries of the bus drivers is being increased, it certainly can't account for that type of increase.

Any one else seeing a huge transportation bump this year? Are all the DVCs pitching in for the Skyliner, even though only Riviera has a stop on it?

Just checked Bay Lake. Transportation costs up just $17,000

Lensman

OKW transportation costs estimated to rise 29%, from $6,480,085 to $8,383,183. Housekeeping is up 10% from $10.5 million to $11.5 million.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
OKW doesn't share costs with the Hotels division. The increase in wages means OKW has to eat 100% of the expense.
Guess which shell the ball is under
So whatever money they have in reserve it's a given they will spend it all down to the last penny in any renovations they do, not much incentive to get the most bang for your buck when there is an endless supply of cash flowing in. Are these increases really going for pay increases?
I got some magic beans to sell you that know the reasons 🤪
OKW transportation costs estimated to rise 29%, from $6,480,085 to $8,383,183. Housekeeping is up 10% from $10.5 million to $11.5 million.
Pay increases...so we’ll pay more in the products to cover them...and more in the dues on the property we “lease” in a pool of 500,000 for it.

I might go back to work for Disney...starting wage must be $39 an hour now 😉

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom