2019 NCAA Football Thread - College Gameday is Live from Mainstreet Train Station!!

Captain Barbossa

A4AA051B-75B8-4CB9-8912-8AF0E16BBDA1.jpeg

LSU fans might be more trashy than Coots.

John park hopper

I'm curious I'm not a avid college football fan watch the games but don't follow players. Players who leave college in their senior year to go to the NFL do they leave with a college degree? If not and they go too the NFL get hurt and can't play then what-- doesn't seem like a wise choice to me

Lilofan

I'm curious I'm not a avid college football fan watch the games but don't follow players. Players who leave college in their senior year to go to the NFL do they leave with a college degree? If not and they go too the NFL get hurt and can't play then what-- doesn't seem like a wise choice to me
When you have a signing bonus, base salary etc and if you properly manage your $$, you can always go back to school to get your degree if that's what you choose to do if your NFL season is cut short. The ones who leave even earlier to play professional are the kids that get NBA contracts at 18-19 years old if they are good enough.

kong1802

If they are a first rounder they get all kinds of guaranteed money. They are set if they are wise, even if they never get another contract.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Running backs returning......especially Najee and Travis.
Depending on the Draft service, most had Travis as the 3rd running back taken, with Najee the 4th.....this assumes they were BOTH coming out. They are BOTH wise to stay in and not only try to improve their status, but wait for next year's Draft as it is not as running back heavy...

Here is the summary of difference in pay for the 1st, 3rd and forth running backs taken in the past 3 drafts
2017 - $21 million difference in 1st and 4th running back taken.....less than 1 million between 3rd and 4th taken
2018 - $23 million difference in 1st and 4th running back taken.....2.2 Million between 3rd and 4th taken
2019 - $8 million difference in 1st and 4th running back taken....less than 1/2 a million between 3rd and 4th taken

The gap from 1st to the rest is the most extreme when the 1st taken is a Top 5 choice as Fournete received $10 Million more than Mac, even though Mac was #8 overall

Here is the full detail of the last three drafts, and the difference in contracts of the first few running backs taken:

Player - Round - Pick # - $$$
Leonard Fournette - 1 - 4 - $27 Million 4 years
Christian MacCaffery - 1 -8 - $17 Million 4 years
Dalvin Cook - 2- 41 - $6.35 Million 4 years
Joe Mixon - 2 - 48 - $5.45 Million 4 years
Alvin Kamara - 3 - 67 - $3.85 Million

Saq Barkley - 1 - 2 - $31 Million 4 years
Ras Penny - 1 - 27 - $10.85 Million 4 years
Sony Michel - 1 - 31 - $9.6 Million 4 years
Nick Chubb - 2 - 35 - $7.4 Million 4 years

Josh Jacobs - 1 - 24 - $11.9 Million 4 years
Miles Saunders - 2 - 53 - $5.3 Million 4 years
Darrel Henderson - 3 - 70 - $4.2 Million 4 years
Devin Singletary - 3- 74 - $3.8 Million 4 years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom